Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Antimatter Drop Visual Bug?

backcheck

I have been researching for about an hour or so and I have not found an answer to this issue.

This is the same issue as demonstrated here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/991307-novas-antimatter-drop-orb-not-visible/?do=findComment&comment=10049155

This is 2 examples of what I expect it to look like.

Below video is what mine looks like.  Even if I try to change the colors, the particles change, but it's almost like it is MISSING the main orb portion.  As it does get slightly brighter when you shoot it, it NEVER gets as bright as all the other footage shown everywhere else (Prime or not)  Did the orb change before I came to the game from being bisible to be a guessing game of shooting now?

All other videos I have looked up, the orb is clearly visible, and then gets brighter when shot.  

I have also tried messing with the particle settings and in real world tiles, not just the test area, and the ball is still very small and very faint aside from particles spinning off an invisible circle to start with.  From comparing the two videos, it really seems like there is clearly a texture or circle solid shape missing that is supposed to sit in front of the particles and the brightness change just makes it brighter.

Thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by backcheck
embedding videos

Changing colors does not make it better from the initial cast.

Maybe the videos linked in my post above were from an older version of the game?  You can see their orb immediately when casting, they do not have to shoot it to become brighter.

I feel like the orb should be visible if the particles are visible from initial cast.

Is the invisible orb working as intended?

• I have also updated video drivers.
  • I have also played with settings (particle settings - interestingly enough if you drop these both to low, the orb becomes a bit more visible)
  • I have verified install files

I don't even know if anyone looks at the bugs forums, but Thank you for your time.  And if anyone else is experiencing this or something different, please feel free to add to the post.

I've been searching for solutions to this as well, and I'm just a new player. As a new player, this confused me more than I'm confused with the game itself. I don't understand Nova's abilities because of this single problem of not seeing the BIG orb that I should be able to see and shoot. 

I exactly have the same problem as yours, which only shows particle effects and no orb popping at all making me confused. 

Maybe I should try updating the drivers, maxing all my graphic settings (My settings are medium to high because my computer is not that great, but decent as far as I know), and changing my color pallete. 

Another thing, I reverted my energy color to its original (light blue) and didn't do anything. The orb is still invisible.

Please help us, I am loving the game already and this bug just makes me frustrated. 

I'm the guy from the 2nd video.

That was an older version, Antimatter Drop looks like yours(golden orb for Nova Prime) now with the addition of GPU particles since they ditched Nvidia ones and overhauled abilities and weapons with them. I think it looks bad, particularly with Antimatter Drop.

There is an option to tone it down "GPU Particles", but this is for all particles in the game.

The orb is not that visible, but when it takes damage it gets an energy color outline(more visible in Nova Prime) until it reaches the damage cap of 50000, then it becomes darker and more solid energy color. You can't get crits or elemental procs on it, so you want weapons with high base damage and build them that way, like Tigris Prime, Euphona Prime(alt fire), Twin Rogga etc.

You can find more info about Antimatter Drop here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Antimatter_Drop

Thank you so much for the replies guys alepap1995 and Fabbae

So, I just got out of a group with a Nova Prime, and it's obviously not a visual bug because I can see their's perfectly fine.

And on the wiki:

• Nova Prime's NullStar130xDark Null Star and AntimatterDrop130xDark Antimatter Drop both feature opaque gold spheres instead of the translucent spheres of the regular version.

So, the invisible orb IS working as intended and is a super unfortunate design decision between PRIME and non PRIME.  Then again, understandable considering the graphic limitations when they released the PRIME variant.

Would be nice for DE to revisit the non PRIME Antimatter Drop orb.