Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vigilante Set Mods Set Bonus

Lutesque

Question

So I heard these mod's set bonus don't work the way we think it does... The Wiki says it can increase Crit Tiers but doesn't say how...so.... how does the set work ?

Is it worth giving up 3 Slots on my Lanka ? Or should I just pray for a Riven like everyone else ?

I never found set mod bonus worthwhile to stack. The increase is small compared to +dmg/ms/elemental or in case of warframe +str/range/dura or other survivability mods. The only time I stack them is when I use both Augur Secret and Message at the same time, and it's because the +str/dura I want to increase.

41 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh wow... then its flatout out useless. 😞

30% chance of getting instant +100% crit, that's not "useless" though.

But I don't think that's worth to destroy your build just to fit those mods. Just put the mods you'd normally put there, if it happens to have a set bonus that's great, but don't be specifically looking for the bonus.

nope its really good mods, i have the set on my volt prime for eidolon hunting.
im getting alot of redcrit  since orange crit is really easy on Lanka because of addictive crit buff while scoping + riben mods .
when combine with Madurai void strike i could takedown eidolon limb in 1-3 hit 

Edited by HEA-Devazone

I use two of them on my Lanka, fire rate (because I need to have some of that as I, personally, can't stand the default charge time) and multi-shot for the guaranteed two shots and 50% chance at a third instead of a 10% chance of being lame and only firing one shot.  I can't remember if I squeezed any more onto my warframe right now but even two gives me a 10% chance at higher crit level.  With the Lanka on full zoom I'm at 112.5% so guaranteed at least yellow with 21.5% chance at orange (chance of either the extra 12.5% or the Vigilante 10% kicking in) and 1.25% chance at red (chance of both happening at the same time).  Maybe not the best build, but I like it.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

30% chance of getting instant +100% crit, that's not "useless" though.

I can't plan or strategise around something that has only a 30% of happening especially if it costs me 3 slots worth of Damage Mods.

I need something reliable.  

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

But I don't think that's worth to destroy your build just to fit those mods. Just put the mods you'd normally put there, if it happens to have a set bonus that's great, but don't be specifically looking for the bonus.

I feel like DE Was being too conservative with the set bonuses.... so far I havent seen one that you can actual plan around. They all have a mildly low chance of proccing 

4 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I just want to know for sure if DE got lazy with the coding and made it have x% chance to give you 100% additive crit. For one, that would make it actually good; and two, one of my builds kind of relies on it.

I already don't like anything that requires luck to be effictive. I mean I get why Warframe has RNG Loot but why do many of the game play stuff have RNG in there too ? 

Why not just replace the entire control scheme with Slot machine lever... its much less work.

4 hours ago, HEA-Devazone said:

nope its really good mods, i have the set on my volt prime for eidolon hunting.
im getting alot of redcrit  since orange crit is really easy on Lanka because of addictive crit buff while scoping + riben mods .
when combine with Madurai void strike i could takedown eidolon limb in 1-3 hit 

Just so you know if I see someone recommend something and then use the word "'Riven"  then I just stop paying attention. If I get one then great but if not then the whole concept doesn't exist as Far as Im concerned. 

4 hours ago, Katinka said:

I use two of them on my Lanka, fire rate (because I need to have some of that as I, personally, can't stand the default charge time) and multi-shot for the guaranteed two shots and 50% chance at a third instead of a 10% chance of being lame and only firing one shot.  I can't remember if I squeezed any more onto my warframe right now but even two gives me a 10% chance at higher crit level.  With the Lanka on full zoom I'm at 112.5% so guaranteed at least yellow with 21.5% chance at orange (chance of either the extra 12.5% or the Vigilante 10% kicking in) and 1.25% chance at red (chance of both happening at the same time).  Maybe not the best build, but I like it.

I would like that too but as a Madurai Hunter I can't mod for something thT needs me to fire more often... 

Speaking of which.. can someone explain to me what all that crap written all over the Lanka's scope is ? The Lanka's Combo bonus is increased crit chance right ? But I don't see that crit chance number change. 

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Speaking of which.. can someone explain to me what all that crap written all over the Lanka's scope is ? The Lanka's Combo bonus is increased crit chance right ? But I don't see that crit chance number change. 

The zoom bonus is a flat bonus to Crit chance, the combo bonus is a damage multiplier.

It is not worth for weapons like sniper rifles or any other primary weapon with a firerate less to that of an assault rifle really. For weps like the amprex, soma, stradavar, pyrana, and akstiletto its good because with that amount of fire rate you’ll be bound to get a couple of crit ups compared to slow firing weapons like the lanka, tigris, plasmor, and bows. 

As LeyzarGaming always say (great channel for weapon build guides), “The set bonus is not enough reason for some weapons to take over another mod and is mostly an afterthought. For some weapons however, it becomes really potent.”

Edited by (PS4)KyleXY12345
  • Like 1

The set has too many subpar mods to go for the full bonus, but vigilante pursuit is exactly the same as enemy sense (and also an exilus mod), vigilante armaments is very cost-efficient multishot, and vigilante fervor is probably worth using over speed trigger on fast weapons.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Katinka said:

The zoom bonus is a flat bonus to Crit chance, the combo bonus is a damage multiplier.

I think I need someone to sit me down and explain it to me very slowly. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)KyleXY12345 said:

It is not worth for weapons like sniper rifles or any other primary weapon with a firerate less to that of an assault rifle really

Yeah I noticed. I had two of them on my Tenora and I saw Red Cits more times than I expected :) but not really reliable.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I think I need someone to sit me down and explain it to me very slowly. 

Take your modded crit chance as displayed in the arsenal. Slap the Lanka bonus on top of it. If you had only the base 25% crit chance, now you have 75% at 8x zoom. If you had 62.5% with point strike, now you have 112.5%.

Combo multiplier is just a straight up multiplier to all damage. In short, it works essentially the same way as the melee combo multiplier, except instead of a fixed progression and a full reset on losing the combo, each sniper rifle has its own combo thresholds and decay ratio.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I already don't like anything that requires luck to be effictive. I mean I get why Warframe has RNG Loot but why do many of the game play stuff have RNG in there too ? 

Why not just replace the entire control scheme with Slot machine lever... its much less work.

That...comes nowhere near to answering my question...

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

2 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

That...comes nowhere near to answering my question

You had a question ? :O 

2 hours ago, ebrl said:

Take your modded crit chance as displayed in the arsenal. Slap the Lanka bonus on top of it. If you had only the base 25% crit chance, now you have 75% at 8x zoom. If you had 62.5% with point strike, now you have 112.5%.

Combo multiplier is just a straight up multiplier to all damage. In short, it works essentially the same way as the melee combo multiplier, except instead of a fixed progression and a full reset on losing the combo, each sniper rifle has its own combo thresholds and decay ratio.

So whats the Extra Crit chance without zoom ?

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah I noticed. I had two of them on my Tenora and I saw Red Cits more times than I expected 🙂 but not really reliable.

You mainly use Vigilante armaments for the multi, think of the set bonus as a kind of side bonus for having that mod on a weapon. If you think of it this way, you’re weapon along with split chamber will have 150% multi which is great, I myself use the mod just because  of that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So whats the Extra Crit chance without zoom ?

This a little bit ambiguous for sniper considering aim = auto zoom from scope. I'll use 'aim', the RMB key default on PC to avoid confusion.

Without aiming, none.

Default aim get +20%, +30% at 2nd enhancement, +50% at 3rd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, .BlueSky. said:

This a little bit ambiguous for sniper considering aim = auto zoom from scope. I'll use 'aim', the RMB key default on PC to avoid confusion.

Without aiming, none.

Default aim get +20%, +30% at 2nd enhancement, +50% at 3rd.

Addative ? 😄

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Addative ? 😄

Yes, ebrl's previous answer.

21 hours ago, ebrl said:

• Like 1

WOOOHOOOOO !!!!

Unfortunately I don't think have room for Eagle Eye... on top of that when im zoomed in so close that I can't even see what im looking at then it kinda defeats the whole purpose...

But I have something new I can play around with. I might even put Hammer Shot back on :O