Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Rewards "Not available due to inactivity"

Youngmrmyers

It would seem fair to get rewards (but not drops) up to the last one you successfully reached before you died, the same as if the arbitration failed. The mission type also seems like it would encourage dead teammates to spectate, since leaving forfeits everything.

The AFK timer applying punishment to spectating teammates and revoking what they already earned just seems wrong somehow.

• Like 1

Maybe I remember it incorrectly, but before, I thought that everyone that played received the reward up until the entire team extracted. I didn't mean to say something like, "Oh I died at wave 2, and my friends carried me to wave 40 why didn't I get all the rewards?" Just seems unfair personally if you die a wave or two early to be denied the waves you worked on. If it's just a benchmark at every ten waves for rewards I can understand that. I was just under a different impression I suppose.

• Like 2

Just now, AwkwardLazarow said:

I also got no reward on Hydron when playing mesa, I was doing 90% of the team dmg and using peacemaker mostly and I didnt get a reward somehow

I've heard that people who play Mesa a lot get counted as AFK if they stay in one spot using Peacemaker. Game counts you as afk too.

1 minute ago, Youngmrmyers said:

I've heard that people who play Mesa a lot get counted as AFK if they stay in one spot using Peacemaker. Game counts you as afk too.

But I moved around looking or enemies at end of waves and I moved usually when I had no energy and changed positions many times. Its not like I was standing there all mission in once place with peacemaker and moving my mouse those 5 waves

3 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

But I moved around looking or enemies at end of waves and I moved usually when I had no energy and changed positions many times. Its not like I was standing there all mission in once place with peacemaker and moving my mouse those 5 waves

5 waves? Are you sure you were playing an Arbitration? Because a defense on an Arby's last for 10 waves, not 5.

3 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

5 waves? Are you sure you were playing an Arbitration? Because a defense on an Arby's last for 10 waves, not 5.

No I was on Hydron just regular mission, but still its defense.I mean to say is that even on 5 waves of Hydron and when moving somewhat i got no reward.

19 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

I shouldn't be rewarded for that. I should be rewarded for helping my team through 8 waves in a rotation C Arbitration and not leaving when I died.

The reward is at wave 10 though, and it's not based on helpfulness.

There's no other way to go about this unless they add a reward each wave.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

The reward is at wave 10 though, and it's not based on helpfulness.

There's no other way to go about this unless they add a reward each wave.

Ok, maybe I'm not being clear. I understand if the reason I did not get a reward at rotation C was because I died. That makes sense to me, and that's understandable. The issue that I have with what happened is that the game said I was not being rewarded because I was AFK, when that's not the case. If the reason I didn't get the rewards was because I died, then fine, I accept that. If the reason was because the game flagged me for being AFK, then I have an issue with that because that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

Ok, maybe I'm not being clear. I understand if the reason I did not get a reward at rotation C was because I died. That makes sense to me, and that's understandable. The issue that I have with what happened is that the game said I was not being rewarded because I was AFK, when that's not the case. If the reason I didn't get the rewards was because I died, then fine, I accept that. If the reason was because the game flagged me for being AFK, then I have an issue with that because that's not the case.

Pretty sure the reason you didn't get rewards is because you didn't leave after dying. You were in the mission for 2min or more when dead, which makes you afk.

42 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

Just seems unfair personally if you die a wave or two early to be denied the waves you worked on. 

Why ? If you were solo, it would just be a mission failure. Thus no reward.

The AFK mode denies you loots (obviously) and rewards but only when you were AFK. If you're doing 40 waves but are AFK from W38 to W40, you'll just miss the W40's reward but you'll get all the rewards and loots from W1 to 38.

Edited by Chewarette

4 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

I have never gotten Arbitration rewards awarded after I'm dead. There was an interception mission in which I died like 20 seconds before the reward and I didn't get it. I did get a "not eligible" message, but did not notice if the term "AFK" was included. I did get to keep the rewards I got before I died though.

Edited by Jarriaga

Just now, Chewarette said:

Why ? If you were solo, it would just be a mission failure. Thus no reward.

If you were solo, you'd get the rewards you got so far, because you leave immediately when you die and don't stay long enough to be flagged afk.

A few years ago there was an AFK farming method on an excavation mission (where you'd abandon the excavator and just trash the mobs which don't scale since you haven't done the excavator) with a greedy mag and banshee where ppl just set up an autoclicker on mag and went to work/school and come back to millions of credits and fusion cores (now called endo). this is why the 2 minute AFK timer was put into place, in excavation no more mobs spawn if you sit in 1 spot doing nothing and greedy pull got nerfed to work only for mag herself.

So yes the 2 minute timer that denied you the reward is justified from that little incident a few years ago. if you want to blame someone for not getting a reward blame the lazy playerbase that led to this change.

6 minutes ago, Naftal said:

If you were solo, you'd get the rewards you got so far, because you leave immediately when you die and don't stay long enough to be flagged afk.

But you always get the rewards you got when you were alive, even if you're AFK for the last few minutes.

Maybe the end of mission panel tells you you won't get S#&$, but you actually do. All the Rotation Rewards are automatically in your inventory since whatever update. And no, when you have a "Mission Fail", you've got no loot (otherwise, what's the point), not sure about rewards though. Been a long time since I've last failed an Endless.

Edited by Chewarette

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

And no, when you have a "Mission Fail", you've got no loot (otherwise, what's the point), not sure about rewards though. Been a long time since I've last failed an Endless.

This isn't true in arbitrations. You will get the rewards you got so far.

13 minutes ago, Youngmrmyers said:

I shouldn't be rewarded for that. I should be rewarded for helping my team through 8 waves in a rotation C Arbitration and not leaving when I died.

I think that's the point of arbitration, I think. You really have to be careful the whole mission or it will screw you up. Though if its survival, if you died at like 9 ish minutes, I think you still can get the rewards. Usually 2 waves of defense takes way longer than that and that's where the afk detector kicked in

In my experience, Arbitrations are pretty buggy. I remember one time I went in with a Phoenix Renewal Oberon, the augment should have been working, but it didn't, and I died. But after that, I was able to go in again, which is impossible in theory. 

OP losing the already acquired rewards also looks like a bug to me. A few days ago, I died in Arbitration survival just a few seconds before my squadmate got to the extraction point where I was waiting for him. When he got out, I got all the rewards, plus I also got the pickups...  Which also should not be possible, I should have lost those.

Buggy as hell.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh