Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is this lady talking in my orbiter and how do I betray the Lotus to join her?

Gabbynaru

A quick reminder from Pratchett about how you oughta live like a wolf: When people say things like that, they almost never mean to act like an actual wolf, i.e. live in small family groups, hunt cooperatively, stash food for later, do not act aggressively without cause, and be generally a good thing for the growth and management of forests.

They generally mean to act like some kind of violent paranoid lunatic.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)fearsomereapcr said:

Hmm, I just got a transmission now and woah, if we have a choice i wanna side with her. The way she talks and thinks seems persuasive, cant wait to see where this leads!

Funnily enough, this is why I don't trust her.

Use of Rhetoric is something I generally distrust, because it's someone's ability to convince people without actually giving them reasons that they should do/believe something. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Why does she know the truth about Tenno Operators?

Reason #2 I don't trust her.

Either she's a rouge Tenno, used to be a part of a Tenno organisation of some description, knows some of the deepest Orokin secrets or has been spying on us.

For those interested the quote about "Love saving us from life" is by Pablo Neruda, Chilean Diplomat, Leftist, and Communist. Huge fan of Stalin and Lenin though he later distanced himself from Stalin. Was a staunch communist his entire life. 

His poetry is...interesting. Ranges from surreal to political propaganda. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Why does she know the truth about Tenno Operators?

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Reason #2 I don't trust her.

Either she's a rouge Tenno, used to be a part of a Tenno organisation of some description, knows some of the deepest Orokin secrets or has been spying on us.

At this point it should be obvious for everyone in the system. I mean, you need a single Crewman hiding in a closet, seeing a Tenno transferencing during a mission, then telling his comrades, and boom, mystery is over.

Tell me how many times you used Void Dash to move around in a mission where you didn't kill every enemy, huh? They saw you and told the command.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb HugintheCrow:

At this point it should be obvious for everyone in the system. I mean, you need a single Crewman hiding in a closet, seeing a Tenno transferencing during a mission, then telling his comrades, and boom, mystery is over.

Tell me how many times you used Void Dash to move around in a mission where you didn't kill every enemy, huh? They saw you and told the command.

Noone is going to tell anyone about transference in my missions. 

No prisoners. I'm doing my part.

18 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Noone is going to tell anyone about transference in my missions. 

No prisoners. I'm doing my part.

You're just one of many though, I'm afraid they know already.

How do I know that they know?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Because I'm actually a Grineer Spy. That's why.

You've been bamboozled by the Kweens' finest!

54 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

There's also the fact she uses the term 'Dreamers', which is the phrase the Twin Queens used to refer to us, seems to be referencing 'Rap Tap Tap' with her whole 'Knockity Knock' schtick, and referencing the 'speechless' in relation to us, which might be in reference to Umbra.

These are secrets very few people would - could - know.

And, really, how many Corpus or Grineer would actually believe traumatised comrades that a child popped out of one of the Tenno? I mean, I doubt many of the survivors of a Tenno are not in a state of extreme trauma. Plus, the fact that the system's greatest militaries are getting beaten by children would be awful for the morale of soldiers and likely incite rebellion as a 'If children can beat back the Grineer/Corpus, so can we' situation, so we can expect counter-intelligence programs are in effect to cover that up.

It's no great secret anymore, for sure, but I doubt everyone's in on the situation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's also the fact she uses the term 'Dreamers', which is the phrase the Twin Queens used to refer to us, seems to be referencing 'Rap Tap Tap' with her whole 'Knockity Knock' schtick, and referencing the 'speechless' in relation to us, which might be in reference to Umbra.

These are secrets very few people would - could - know.

And, really, how many Corpus or Grineer would actually believe traumatised comrades that a child popped out of one of the Tenno? I mean, I doubt many of the survivors of a Tenno are not in a state of extreme trauma. Plus, the fact that the system's greatest militaries are getting beaten by children would be awful for the morale of soldiers and likely incite rebellion as a 'If children can beat back the Grineer/Corpus, so can we' situation, so we can expect counter-intelligence programs are in effect to cover that up.

It's no great secret anymore, for sure, but I doubt everyone's in on the situation.

Well given the fact that the Tenno aren't fully corporeal, I doubt security cameras and the like even fully see us. On top of our ability to blink in and out of existence, most automated footage would be useless to use as evidence of our true existence.

Not to mention we probably delete that information whenever we raid spy vaults/mobile defenses. 

4 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Well given the fact that the Tenno aren't fully corporeal, I doubt security cameras and the like even fully see us. On top of our ability to blink in and out of existence, most automated footage would be useless to use as evidence of our true existence.

Not to mention we probably delete that information whenever we raid spy vaults/mobile defenses. 

If we don't, we probably implant misinformation.

"The Tenno are secretly aliens that the Orokin enslaved" or "The Tenno are actually intelligent, trained infested" sounds just as likely as "The Tenno are children piloting the Warframes". Not to mention we have contacts in the lowest and highest parts of society - Darvo might be alienated, but he's also the son of the head of the Corpus Board, Frohd Bek. Whether or not Bek's alive doesn't matter as Bek's last appearance comes after the War Within, so there was ample time for the Tenno to convince Darvo to feed misinformation to his dad.

• Like 1