Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use wall latch frequently?

Genesix6

20 hours ago, Genitive said:

Mostly the same. Camera placement is too uncomfortable for me to use; it's difficult to aim if your character obstructs the view. If warframes became transparent when wall latching then perhaps I would use it more often. And I would like to use it more often.

Same here

wall latching is an interesting concept, but totally unusable when the wall forces your camera into the warframe.

I wish they would do a 'cutaway' visual effect in that situation, the way Mirage Clones do when they block your view.

(Since DE is so adamant about not ever switching to a 1st person view)

Huh, come to think of it, maybe we should all try out wall latching as Loki Invisible, that would be a decent preview of What Could Be.

DE if you're seeing this, have one of your Testers do that: wall latch as Loki for a bit and see what fun everyone is missing out on.

• Like 2

I use it some. 

It depends on the map and to some degree weapons choices. It can be advantageous when using AoE weapons and trying to get a LoS on groups of enemies--or if you lack punch-through on a weapon and need better vision on important targets. 

It's low duration limits what you can really do with it and...it's largely unnecessary when you consider aim glide and overall warframe mobility. 

On 2019-02-16 at 1:32 AM, Genesix6 said:

I use wall latch on spy mission and riven challenge, but other than that, that's all.

So what about you? 

I only ever really find myself using it for intentional flare.

Rubico prime and the Rakta cernos are the only weapons I wall latch for, because just about every other weapon I use clears mobs fast enough that I don’t get overwhelmed.

When there are infested everywhere, knocking you about and you just need to focus an ancient, wall latching is pretty practical then.

But yeah, that’s literally it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've used it for some over-gap jumps when I was newer and first learning those tiles (for instance there's one which leads to things like Coolant Cells which makes a C-bend where you can't jump straight from one side to the other), but now on those tiles I'm more likely to simply jump quickly from wall to wall without ever latching.

I've never used wall-melee, not even by mistake.

Edited by Andvarja

I'd like to use it more. Especially wall-melee, since it has nice damage increase for some of the weapons. But it's just too uncomfortable now.

- Most of the time when I tried attacking while wall latching, my warframe blocked most of the view. At least it blocked the targeting reticle. So something needs to be done about the camera placement (and not just while wall latching - but in general when standing with your back to a wall and trying to shoot).

- I'd like an option to initiate wall latch without aiming. Some other button. Crouch, perhaps? (I don't mind being unable to dive-kick when next to a wall).

The only time I ever do it is to open rivens, which incidentally is also the only reason why I would ever go back to the Plains of Grindolon (and also the Venus Plains of Grindolon, but since there aren't any rivens which require that, I don't bother with that at all).