Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Texture Palettes.

AllFiery

There are parts of a Warframe that I would like to look metallic, blurry, solid or translucent.

I’m wondering if we could implement special texture packs that makes a part of whatever you’re coloring look golden or silver without worrying about what “material” that part is “made of”, for example is that you can make golden prime part accents look blurry or make regular warframe look silver.

Another example is that the Iliac Syandana looks too glossy, we could fix that by using a blurry texture or something else you prefer.

I'm pretty sure this has been said at least 100 times already, but I'm pretty sure it won't be easy to go through every single texture have remake them to accommodate for all of the different textures that would have to become compatible. That's why customization is so simple, because it's way easier for DE and even TennoGen artists to manage.

• Like 1

I would only add this feature to Prime gold.   Maybe 2-3 alternative textures for those metal bits.

Coz i would so love to replace it with bone texture.... Or something.  I just dont like all those shiny golden parts....some guns are so overloaded with it.  

• Like 1

This would be nice to see in game so yes, I agree, however there could also be... 

...(if there is a problem about that being a thing) limitations on which types of textures we can use on each channel (channel = color channels for each color to be placed in while customizing).

For example on the channel where the developers have decided it should be rubber, there will be rubber-looking materials in there as well as plastic (it should be 2+ material types to give it some variety), while on metallic channels there can be metallic materials such as chrome, aluminium etc, the same for fabric.