Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8 Test WTF?

RomulusCreative

Question

Its the most annoying thing .. ive litterally considered throwing my computer thru the window and i never get mad in a game.. its not even that its hard.. On keyboard its like it doesnt move the same as in the game..  ive failed 10 times... over just stupid bs.. once the game crashed.. then all sudden i have to wait another 24 fugging hrs??? why? I can doo all the things the test warrants as a test in game.. the test however just dumb fails..  It legit makes me not even want to play the game wher i was playing ever day now im down to just trying the test to progress again.. Ive tried zepyhr who is the most sensitive movement all sudden.. Why just why? lol

43 minutes ago, RomulusCreative said:

It legit makes me not even want to play the game wher i was playing ever day now im down to just trying the test to progress again..

You can just keep playing, any affinity you gain will still count towards the next rank even if you haven't passed the test yet. Also you can practice the tests before taking them, I always pratice until I can pass the test a few times without failing.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-15 at 3:06 PM, bad4youLT said:

Dont see whats so hard about it

Eddit : bro do u n parkour ?

So i guess you cant read.. or maybe just dense i do believe i said to the #*!%ing point... "its not that its hard" maybe reread think abit smoke less pot or whatever you do then comment

On 2019-02-15 at 3:13 PM, DarkSkysz said:

For a sec I thought it was the mastery that you can't be detected...the one that is so #*!%ing annyoing when the first enemy spawn looking at you and instafail. BUT...that one is just parkour, nothing hard about it... 😕

Your grammar or thought process here..i literally have no clue what that broken set of sentences mean.. Its not hard. at all. its a broken.. Ive done harder jumps in game no issue.. the camera and sensitivity all change for this test.. its bs

On 2019-02-15 at 3:23 PM, Dopekoke said:

do the practice test first.

See thats the thing I passed the practice 7 times from the very first.. the actual test ive faild now 11 damn times.. its broken the practice and the acutal test and even actual game play.. its like the sensitivity for mouse and keys all go to a different default.... for example the one where you bullet jump to the vertical wall(the only vertical point) I bullet jumped completely over and past it.. 1 #*!%ing jump.. and im over above and past it??? the next time i bullet jumped and never reached it... Im 1 or 2 more tries from deleting the game and im sad that im that stupid but its taken the fun out out absolutely.. 11 tries on trivial fails you just go why ? why invest if im getting salty and i never get that salty.. if it were hard and i failed becuse of the fact that its complicated fine its a challenge.. this is nonsensical. its easy yet same actions (For me) have been completely different.. and im not a person that sticks around for something that just brings me to  a negative space... its not hard its jumping platform to platfrom.. i thin maybe people who play with controllers dont have this issue keyboard for me just complete nonsense.

On 2019-02-15 at 4:30 PM, (PS4)salem9080 said:

3 hours ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

What is wrong ? so u mean the game make the test fail for no reason or it have a bug make u fail ? 

If not a bug, then watch a vid. Practice in relay. Then do it When ready 🙂

I mean did you read anywhere where i say "make you fail for no reason?" no i didnt.. i did 7 practice runs in relay passed every one.. ive done 11 runs real time and failed everyone.. dont be stupid.. I wouldnt be here if it just made no sense..ive played since beta and restarted 3 times from start.. I know how to do it. its nonsensical..pattern changes

OP I really don't know what you are going for here... You're insulting every single user who wants to help you.

First of all, now that I've read through it all, I understand you are just blaming the game, not looking for tips to do the test. But this wasn't obvious, reading your original post only, so insulting others for their language skills makes this situation pretty interesting. 

If you are really want to solve the problem, but you think the game is buggy, and that's why you can't succeed, make a ticket. Or post this in the bugs section. Forum users can't help you.

And finally...

On 2019-02-15 at 10:19 PM, RomulusCreative said:

It legit makes me not even want to play the game

Don't play the game then. With this attitude, you won't be missed.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

OP I really don't know what you are going for here... You're insulting every single user who wants to help you.

To be fair. We shouldn't be trying to help before we understand what thw issue... maybe he's yelling at us because we didn't listen...

That being said... I can't make out exactly what went wrong here. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

First of all, now that I've read through it all, I understand you are just blaming the game, not looking for tips to do the test. But this wasn't obvious, reading your original post only, so insulting others for their language skills makes this situation pretty interesting. 

If this were any other game you would have a point but Warframe is buggy as all hell and I've had the displeasure of being forced to wait 24 Hours on my Stealth Test because of a bug....  so yeah... I wouldn't take blaming the game off the table so quickly. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

If you are really want to solve the problem, but you think the game is buggy, and that's why you can't succeed, make a ticket. Or post this in the bugs section. Forum users can't help you.

Now this was Helpful :) 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Not helpful... but I don't blame you.  

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

To be fair. We shouldn't be trying to help before we understand what thw issue... maybe he's yelling at us because we didn't listen...

That being said... I can't make out exactly what went wrong here. 

If this were any other game you would have a point but Warframe is buggy as all hell and I've had the displeasure of being forced to wait 24 Hours on my Stealth Test because of a bug....  so yeah... I wouldn't take blaming the game off the table so quickly. 

Now this was Helpful 🙂

Not helpful... but I don't blame you.  

Sorry im not actually mad at the people im more just reacting badly to the fact I cant seem to do something so simple.. especially  when i keep passing the practice at the relay. infact ive yet to fail the relay.. The test means nothing to me other than progression.. i dont think there is a solution other than maybe turning my sensitivity to like 1 and moving on.. I think im just ranting at this point out of saltiness

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RomulusCreative said:

Sorry im not actually mad at the people im more just reacting badly to the fact I cant seem to do something so simple..

Most people don't know what it truly means to help someone until they help someone who reacts this way...

I like to believe I have the patience for it but honestly I don't know myself that well...all I can say I promise to try.

Helping someone when helping isn't easy ? Now thats true Heroism :P

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

And finally...

The problem is more mad at myself for being salty at a game.. im not intentionally yelling at anyone but myself.. I dont blame the game really outside the fact that the test doesnt relate to actual game.. I dont understand how i can pass the practice 7out of 7 times and fail the test 11 out of 11 .. I think im just over the test.. there is nothing wrong with the game outside this test and ive never had an reason or occasion to be upset with it before form beta until now.. Id already been past this point in previous account.. So its more venting at this point with no solution of me deciding to play on or not play.. will be closing this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RomulusCreative said:

The problem is more mad at myself for being salty at a game.. im not intentionally yelling at anyone but myself.. I dont blame the game really outside the fact that the test doesnt relate to actual game.. I dont understand how i can pass the practice 7out of 7 times and fail the test 11 out of 11 .. I think im just over the test.. there is nothing wrong with the game outside this test and ive never had an reason or occasion to be upset with it before form beta until now.. Id already been past this point in previous account.. So its more venting at this point with no solution of me deciding to play on or not play.. will be closing this

It's weird indeed that you can do the practice without any problems, but fail the actual test. I've done this a long time ago too, don't remember it to be hard, quite like you with your other account, as I understand, so maybe this is a new bug. Wouldn't be the first time a new update screws up previously working stuff. So I really think you should make a bug report, maybe in the mission subsection, that may help, you just have to wait a bit.

I understand this situation can be maddening, especially if you want to use some mastery locked item after completing the test. But it's not worth it to work up this much anger because of it. As someone else said above, do other stuff, you are free to rank up your unused weapons as well, because you are getting the mastery points anyway. Just play other missions until support gets back to you.

After googling around a bit, I found a few forum threads where someone was convinced the test is bugged, but others had no problem doing it, so maybe could be something wrong with your files? Delete the cached files maybe? (But I can be wrong, I play on PS, I have no clue about pc specific stuff.)

Don't know if you can use abilities in this test now, but someone mentioned earlier on Reddit that you can absolutely cheese it with Titania. So in case you have her or she's waiting to be built, worth a shot.

10 hours ago, RomulusCreative said:

So i guess you cant read.. or maybe just dense i do believe i said to the #*!%ing point... "its not that its hard" maybe reread think abit smoke less pot or whatever you do then comment

Can you like record your game sesion of failing for us to see ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RomulusCreative said:

See thats the thing I passed the practice 7 times from the very first.. the actual test ive faild now 11 damn times.. its broken the practice and the acutal test and even actual game play.. its like the sensitivity for mouse and keys all go to a different default.... for example the one where you bullet jump to the vertical wall(the only vertical point) I bullet jumped completely over and past it.. 1 #*!%ing jump.. and im over above and past it??? the next time i bullet jumped and never reached it... Im 1 or 2 more tries from deleting the game and im sad that im that stupid but its taken the fun out out absolutely.. 11 tries on trivial fails you just go why ? why invest if im getting salty and i never get that salty.. if it were hard and i failed becuse of the fact that its complicated fine its a challenge.. this is nonsensical. its easy yet same actions (For me) have been completely different.. and im not a person that sticks around for something that just brings me to  a negative space... its not hard its jumping platform to platfrom.. i thin maybe people who play with controllers dont have this issue keyboard for me just complete nonsense.

A few other tricks you may or may not know are:

Bullet jump then press jump again for a little hop

Bullet jump then press shift+jump for the farthest jump

Bullet jump then press shift to roll forward while descending

Bullet jump then hold crouch to slide kick, descending faster at an angle

In between any one of those or after and what not, you can hold aim to aim glide slightly left or right.  You can also back flip or side flip if you haven't already double jumped. Go into the simcrum and practice using the aim glide and different maneuvers to see how they work and where you land.  Best of luck to you.

Don't use Zephyr on this, unless you have played Zephyr extensively and can handle the frame in your sleep. Otherwise Zephyr makes this harder, due to the halved fall rate (takes longer).

Instead mod any frame you know well (= your favourite) for speed and bullet jump. But not too much, if you are not an accomplished parkourer you risk jumping too far (stopping in mid air isn't an easy trick).

In many MR tests you can start moving before Lotus stops speaking. It's just a couple of seconds, but it might be all that is needed to get on top of nerves and the adrenalin. Don't remember if it is doable in this one, though.

While it may be possible, I do not believe that the training and the actual mission would have a different setup for movement & mouse.

I've played a huge amount of computer games, and these MR tests still get my pulse going and my nerves zinging. It's the old school approach, fail and there actually is consequences (a 24 hr wait). I've hated some of them, but I have a HUGE respect for them, and they really all are doable. Depending on how you play and what frame you use, some are easier and some are harder. Just keep playing (the affinity stacks up anyway) and take a daily crack at it. Stop and think, maybe another frame, build or weapon might work better? I have my own rule, always have do to manage successful and controlled consecutive training runs before trying the actual test.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Wait, 8!?

The untimed basic parkour one?

All you need to know is how to bullet jump, wallclimb, and aim glide. This is basics of the basics to movement. There are videos out there on how to do each of the tests, check one out and do practice runs a few times.

yea trust man.. I watched 1000 times over.. more so i did practice runs..