The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8 Test WTF?

RomulusCreative

Question

Its the most annoying thing .. ive litterally considered throwing my computer thru the window and i never get mad in a game.. its not even that its hard.. On keyboard its like it doesnt move the same as in the game..  ive failed 10 times... over just stupid bs.. once the game crashed.. then all sudden i have to wait another 24 fugging hrs??? why? I can doo all the things the test warrants as a test in game.. the test however just dumb fails..  It legit makes me not even want to play the game wher i was playing ever day now im down to just trying the test to progress again.. Ive tried zepyhr who is the most sensitive movement all sudden.. Why just why? lol

5 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Don't use Zephyr on this, unless you have played Zephyr extensively and can handle the frame in your sleep. Otherwise Zephyr makes this harder, due to the halved fall rate (takes longer).

Instead mod any frame you know well (= your favourite) for speed and bullet jump. But not too much, if you are not an accomplished parkourer you risk jumping too far (stopping in mid air isn't an easy trick).

In many MR tests you can start moving before Lotus stops speaking. It's just a couple of seconds, but it might be all that is needed to get on top of nerves and the adrenalin. Don't remember if it is doable in this one, though.

While it may be possible, I do not believe that the training and the actual mission would have a different setup for movement & mouse.

I've played a huge amount of computer games, and these MR tests still get my pulse going and my nerves zinging. It's the old school approach, fail and there actually is consequences (a 24 hr wait). I've hated some of them, but I have a HUGE respect for them, and they really all are doable. Depending on how you play and what frame you use, some are easier and some are harder. Just keep playing (the affinity stacks up anyway) and take a daily crack at it. Stop and think, maybe another frame, build or weapon might work better? I have my own rule, always have do to manage successful and controlled consecutive training runs before trying the actual test.

Dude yes exactly I read that people said Zeph but no def unless you really play zeph..

So after all my salt id like to say how i finished it finally.. 1. I didnt use Zephyr.. 2. I took down sensitivity to half what it was (i realize this may been an issue just for me) I was bullet jumping passed the vertical part half the time others i didnt make it.. 3. while gliding i simply aimed before jumping and held aim till i landed.. this is what was my big issue.. i would jump not right click aim so 8 of 11 times it would just be random placement..  I dont feel any sense of accoplishment at all from finally doing this as it wasnt an error I think on my part.. but i did it.. its whateve.. the fact that i did 7 practice runs all with success and 11 fails on 12 attempts still bothers me but im over this one.. I really dont mind failure as long as i can find the logic and error in it this is why i went all salty and im sorry to those i may have insulted in my ignorent ranting salt..

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RomulusCreative said:

So after all my salt id like to say how i finished it finally.. 1. I didnt use Zephyr.. 2. I took down sensitivity to half what it was (i realize this may been an issue just for me) I was bullet jumping passed the vertical part half the time others i didnt make it.. 3. while gliding i simply aimed before jumping and held aim till i landed.. this is what was my big issue.. i would jump not right click aim so 8 of 11 times it would just be random placement..  I dont feel any sense of accoplishment at all from finally doing this as it wasnt an error I think on my part.. but i did it.. its whateve.. the fact that i did 7 practice runs all with success and 11 fails on 12 attempts still bothers me but im over this one.. I really dont mind failure as long as i can find the logic and error in it this is why i went all salty and im sorry to those i may have insulted in my ignorent ranting salt..

In your codex training section were is parkour tutorial in advance movement page , I recomend taking it.

Edited by bad4youLT

On 2019-02-15 at 10:04 PM, Leyvonne said:

You can just keep playing, any affinity you gain will still count towards the next rank even if you haven't passed the test yet. Also you can practice the tests before taking them, I always pratice until I can pass the test a few times without failing.

which isnt much consolation if you are needing the next MR up for a quest or weapon but are locked out till a day later.

I just restarted on NS and i kept failing during practice on this test since yesterday 🤣. I never had a problem acing it on PC and PS4 .

For some reason, on NS, i just can't wall jump in the test but can on regular missions 🤣🤣🤣 and i lmao everytime i fail cuz it's just hilarious for a space ninja with awesome abilities but can't stick on to this test's wall nor jump up 🤣🤣🤣 it's pretty shiny though... i guess that's what makes it slippery 🤣🤣🤣

But i will conquer it !💪😁

"Never give-up; Never surrender" 🥷😁

Edit: I have just passed it 😁 my mistake was not pressing the "ZL" button as i was attempting the wall jump 🙂

Hope this helps

Edited by (NSW)Tenno-Spectre
Update
  • Like 2

ironically this is not the first time we've seen players having trouble with MR8 test.
it's a basic parkour test.

it doesn't matter if you're the kind of player who love to stop and smell the flowers. but yes, you need to at least able to parkour in warframe.
warframe is generally considered as an easy game, with this as one of the bare minimum skill requirement.

iirc the stealth one is pretty popular as well. 
with the MR30 taking the top spot. understandably so.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-15 at 9:19 PM, RomulusCreative said:

Its the most annoying thing .. ive litterally considered throwing my computer thru the window and i never get mad in a game.. its not even that its hard.. On keyboard its like it doesnt move the same as in the game..  ive failed 10 times... over just stupid bs.. once the game crashed.. then all sudden i have to wait another 24 fugging hrs??? why? I can doo all the things the test warrants as a test in game.. the test however just dumb fails..  It legit makes me not even want to play the game wher i was playing ever day now im down to just trying the test to progress again.. Ive tried zepyhr who is the most sensitive movement all sudden.. Why just why? lol

It's not really that bad, they get much harder later on (although you can cheese them sometimes with the right know how)

5 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

It's not really that bad, they get much harder later on (although you can cheese them sometimes with the right know how)

this is a nekro thread...but...

with the right know how...you can cheese all of them. in fact i always kinda felt these mr tests were specifically designed to test your knowledge of the game...not your skill. every mr test is easy cheese if you can think outside the box and use frames/abilities/weapons that negate the premise of the test.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

Whoops, didn't realise since I wasn't the first recent reply. Wish posts were locked after a certain amount of time inactive...

i personally don't mind.

other forums (with tidier managements) that i've been in usually keeps useful threads from forever ago.
so far only warframe forum treat nekros like we're stupid 9gag or something: like when something is couple days past trending, we shouldn't talk about it anymore.

keeping useful threads kept players from asking the same questions, and contributors from typing the same answers.
less clone threads, less work for the mods as well. overall they're just great places to find answers for everyone.

but of course the search function actually works on those other forums...

Edited by Soy77

On 2022-02-19 at 4:19 PM, (NSW)Tenno-Spectre said:

I just restarted on NS and i kept failing during practice on this test since yesterday 🤣. I never had a problem acing it on PC and PS4 .

For some reason, on NS, i just can't wall jump in the test but can on regular missions 🤣🤣🤣 and i lmao everytime i fail cuz it's just hilarious for a space ninja with awesome abilities but can't stick on to this test's wall nor jump up 🤣🤣🤣 it's pretty shiny though... i guess that's what makes it slippery 🤣🤣🤣

But i will conquer it !💪😁

"Never give-up; Never surrender" 🥷😁

Edit: I have just passed it 😁 my mistake was not pressing the "ZL" button as i was attempting the wall jump 🙂

Hope this helps

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nekros

On 2022-02-20 at 9:32 AM, LillyRaccune said:

One thing that I don't think a lot of players know is that if you hold down the jump button, you will successfully wall jump. My friend struggled with wall jumping because they thought you need to keep hitting the jump button in rhythm.

Huh. I used to hold, but it was always a question of “Am I going to accidentally jump off the wall or bit of geometry when I don’t mean to”. Tapping’s ended up being a lot more controllable; even in wall hopping we have our styles

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-17 at 8:44 AM, RomulusCreative said:

I dont understand how i can pass the practice 7out of 7 times and fail the test 11 out of 11

That is wierd, but AFAIK there's no difference between them, its the same thing except for the replayability and rewards. Why would DE effectively create 2 tests.

So I can only conclude its a player issue, anxiety getting to your fingers, or repeated failures making you tense the next time you attempt it, which in turn is the reason you fail it, which reinforces the problem. Its also not timed, so you can take your time, so I recommend stopping between each maneuver. Get out your chair, then sit back down and do the next jumpyboucy bit.

Or, can you cheese it with Titania and just fly to the end? I also would not recommend modding your zephyr up so much you can bullet jump to the exit, its not designed to be hard, its really designed to make sure people know the parkour moves. The wiki tells you which ones to use.