Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The exergis worth it?

(PSN)DarkFist91

Question

13 answers to this question

Personally I didn't like it, I also feel that the requirements for it were far too high for 'what you get', but then I got mine when we could only get the resources from farming bounties.  IMO there are plenty of other shotguns which are as good or better which require far less effort to get even though it's now been made easier to get the resources)

Short answer: Only for Mastery Rank.

Longer answer: It is a very hard hitting, very slow firing, one shot, slow reload weapon. While it can be modded to be "decent", I would not call it "good". Tigris (Prime) is far better suited for the niche and Hek will carry one through the Star Char far more effectively, with Arca Plasmor doing better at higher levels. Exergis falls off very very very quickly at higher levels, so is not recommended for long Survival/Defense missions.

It's not a "bad" weapon, just not well designed for high level play in a hoard style shooter game, imo. I'm sure there are people that can find it useful, and it is here that it becomes an opinion. I would suggest doing a quick web search for Exergis builds and see what others have done with it, and what they have to say about it.

It does look awesome, and the animations are VERY well done.

I personally like it a lot, my new go-to shotgun. A little slow for most players, but it match my playstyle. I use it for Profit Taker a lot because it have 4 base damage types (IPS and Radiation). Unlike other people here in this thread, I do believe it have a place in high level missions.

I say you grab it, if you don't like it you at least get mastery points.

37 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

It's not a "bad" weapon, just not well designed for high level play in a hoard style shooter game, imo.

Long story short, this is mostly incorrect. Unlike Tigris Prime, Exergis has infinite enemy punch-through, similar to Arca Plasmor which makes it generally much more valuable than the Tigris Prime. There's also the fact that Exergis is MR8 vs Tigris Prime's MR13, and it's not vaulted besides.

Basically, it's a pretty good weapon all the way around, with a fairly easy to ameliorate shortfall.

25 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Long story short, this is mostly incorrect. Unlike Tigris Prime, Exergis has infinite enemy punch-through, similar to Arca Plasmor which makes it generally much more valuable than the Tigris Prime. There's also the fact that Exergis is MR8 vs Tigris Prime's MR13, and it's not vaulted besides.

Basically, it's a pretty good weapon all the way around, with a fairly easy to ameliorate shortfall.

Considering the part you quoted was my opinion, it is not incorrect. The infinite punchthrough isn't enough to offset it for me (enemies rarely line up enough to make this worthwhile), and I did state that I would much rather have the Arca Plasmor. Personally, I do not like the Tigris (Prime) either. Much for the same reasons.

If you like it, more power to you, but please refrain from telling me my option is "incorrect".

Exergis is good, and most naysayers dislike it because they are modding it like Tigris Prime and then comparing. Most people ignore the humongous base damage and the fact that it can reach 100% SC with just 3x60/60 mods. Slot in Ammo Stock and Chilling Reload and it handles better than Tigris Prime IMO.

• Like 2

If you like hard hitting shotguns and bolt weapon mechanics it might be worth a try. The single shot magazine might sound like a total deal breaker, but imho the bolt / line damage mechanic and easy to reach 100% status chance make up for it. Unfortunately it was very low crit stats but can still be quite good because of its high base damage and status chance. I do not find reload speed much of an issue as far as if been using it, especially if you use chilling reload or a riven with reload speed. Riven disposition is quite good, 3 or 4 I think. Apart from that visuals and concept are nice, shattering that crystal and shredding your enemies with its shards is a blast, imho.

A little reminder, this is Warframe and no souls-like game, you can do 90% of its content with most weapons, modded right. I can only talk for myself, but honestly I don't care if a weapon is considered good, as long as I enjoy using it. Concerning the Exergis, I do enjoy it quite a lot. Can it compete with other shotguns, like a rivened Strun Wraith or Boar Prime? I think not, but it's good nonetheless and I like it better that Tigris series, too.

31 minutes ago, 541K4T said:

Exergis is good, and most naysayers dislike it because they are modding it like Tigris Prime and then comparing. Most people ignore the humongous base damage and the fact that it can reach 100% SC with just 3x60/60 mods. Slot in Ammo Stock and Chilling Reload and it handles better than Tigris Prime IMO.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

My first question back to you is how well do you like bows in warframe?  The one shot clip makes it play A LOT like a bow, ie it really punishes you for missed shots, etc.

Because of the shotgun typical spread of pellets or shrapnel I can not say the same, especially the part about missed shots. Players used to shotguns will hardly ever miss a shot. In addition you might kill several enemies standing next to each other with the impact of the shot and then create several parallel lanes of death with their flung bodies behind them.