Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt: Armor

CazadorDeWulf

Didn't say he wasn't viable. Didn't say armor would change his viability. Any frame is viable, essentially. Just want some armor. Hard to do any Grineer highish level content solo with Volt without excessive shield building and a number of unique tactics. He's my most played frame.

• Like 1

I don't believe these frames need more armor, shields in general need to be improved as they are far and away much worse than armor. Here a few things that could potentially be done to improve them:

Status and Damage cannot go through shields until they are depleted (Toxin and bleed procs don't ignore them.)

Shield Gates - already being looked at but allows shields to obsorb large bursts of damage before they deplete without letting the damage hurt the user.

Resistance changes - simply making them highly resistant to most damage types could improve their performance.

Faster Recharge Speed - Reducing or removed the charge delay when shields are damaged.

Armor for shields - I've seen it called nano armor or shield density but basically its an armor for shields the more you have the more resistant it is.

TL;DR

DE needs to buff shields in general, homogenizing all frames to have 800 armor reduces build diversity.

• Like 2

Volt with QT has more eHP than Volt with Vitality and Redirection combined. I'd suggest starting with that.

More Armor isn't really going to help. I've had QT save me against lvl 250 MOT enemies and that's all your can really ask for.

Armor doesn't really do much on it's own in this game.

I don't think Volt needs armor, though I do feel he could stand to benefit from immunity frames while casting Discharge, as it's his main source of survivability besides his deployable shield, and locks him in place over a fairly long animation, thereby acting as a self-stun. As others have mentioned, Volt is a frame whose defenses come primarily from CC and shields, rather than health or armor, so in this respect giving him more armor may not even benefit him that much relative to many other frames.

I don't play a lot of Volt, so I can't say if he needs a survivability boost.  But if he does need it, it seems very odd to propose one that is so off-theme. Better shield mechanics (Either generally, or Volt-specific.), enhanced CC, or improvements to his 3 would make a lot more sense to me.

I did not once state that Volt needed Armor. But okay, let's just only look at the manner in terms of the highest-level gameplay that could possibly be played.

Not every noob has Quick Thinking, so yeah. I just can't even. Give him some armor, it will make it easier for newer players and also not necessitate building an exact set of mods on Volt every time for "Da best" survivability. I think Quick Thinking is a bandaid for any imbalance in Frame stats. But yeah go ahead and educate me on how everyone is using Volt wrong and how he doesn't need armor because you're bored and have spent too much time in the game.

No discussion to be had here. Just lock the thread.

On 2019-02-17 at 1:38 PM, CazadorDeWulf said:

I did not once state that Volt needed Armor. But okay, let's just only look at the manner in terms of the highest-level gameplay that could possibly be played.

Not every noob has Quick Thinking, so yeah. I just can't even. Give him some armor, it will make it easier for newer players and also not necessitate building an exact set of mods on Volt every time for "Da best" survivability. I think Quick Thinking is a bandaid for any imbalance in Frame stats. But yeah go ahead and educate me on how everyone is using Volt wrong and how he doesn't need armor because you're bored and have spent too much time in the game.

No discussion to be had here. Just lock the thread.

You made a statement, people disagreed and you got offended? Grow a thicker skin mate.