Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive and Frequent FPS Stutters in the Open World Contents.

.Amuro_Ray.

System Info :
Processor : Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60GHz~2.59GHz.
RAM : 12GB (11.8GB usable).
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M.
System Type : Windows 10 64bit. (x64-based)
Monitor Refresh Rate : 60.00Hz.

So I've been having this persistent problems since day one of Vallis Orb Update. It has been way, way, way too many FPS stutters and memory leaks (1,700+ MB leak on especially Eidolon fights) in Plains AND Vallis. Is there anything I can try at this point? All graphical ingame settings are turned to LOW but still doesn't fix the problem. Sometimes it gets too unplayable that 70 to 96 fps would drop drastically down to 12 to 22 FPS in the Plains. If there's anyone to help me with this matter, please do leave a comment!

PS. I don't overclock my CPU as I am aware that it will fasten the progress of software aging. And yes, disabling full-screen optimizations, etc., I've tried them all to no avail.

On 2019-02-15 at 7:01 PM, .Hyakkimaru said:

System Info :
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M.
System Type : Windows 10 64bit. (x64-based)
Monitor Refresh Rate : 60.00Hz.

So I've been having this persistent problems since day one of Vallis Orb Update. It has been way, way, way too many FPS stutters and memory leaks (1,700+ MB leak on especially Eidolon fights) in Plains AND Vallis. Is there anything I can try at this point? All graphical ingame settings are turned to LOW but still doesn't fix the problem. Sometimes it gets too unplayable that 70 to 96 fps would drop drastically down to 12 to 22 FPS in the Plains. If there's anyone to help me with this matter, please do leave a comment!

PS. I don't overclock my CPU as I am aware that it will fasten the progress of software aging. And yes, disabling full-screen optimizations, etc., I've tried them all to no avail.

Are you sure that both of your ram sticks are working if you are using 2.

On 2019-02-15 at 6:01 PM, .Hyakkimaru said:

Check windows task manager, performance tab, and while at 50% or more CPU usage, make sure it is running at or above 2.6 GHz. Try CPU stress test program like Prime95 maybe, and Furmark for graphics stress. Try some temperature monitoring program like HWINFO64.

If speed drops after some time, might be overheat throttling.

If CPU speed stuck at very low speed all the time, might be unsupported or unrecognized power supply for some models of laptops.

edit: RAM, 12 GB is most likely a 8 + 4 GB RAM which will only be 66.7% dual channel at best. Try matching size like 8 + 8 GB to get faster 100% dual channel.

Edited by sam686

On 2019-02-20 at 11:39 PM, Godzilla853 said:

Are you sure that both of your ram sticks are working if you are using 2.

Yes, both are working fine. But as stated by @sam686 here...

edit: RAM, 12 GB is most likely a 8 + 4 GB RAM which will only be 66.7% dual channel at best. Try matching size like 8 + 8 GB to get faster 100% dual channel.

I think it is very true that I need to take advantage to the dual channel memory system in the future.

PS. I've Optimized my DL cache in warframe + defragmentation on Disks. Seemed to helped a bit as it is only doing the stutter only on Gantulyst fight. Still, if anyone have a semi-permanent solution to this problem, it would be appreciated.

EDIT : Still stutters like hell in Orb mother fights. At this rate, I don't know of any other methods to fix this problem. My RAM and CPU are working just fine with both performances all are topping, almost all the time. However, when I head over to the task manager's GPU performance status tracker I noticed that there is a spike on the 3D rendering column whenever the fps spike happens. What could have been the cause? Please help.

Edited by .Char_Aznable.