Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody actually enjoy the Gift of Lotus Alert?

-CdG-Zilchy

Seriously DE, did you stay up all night thinking about this one? 30 mins survival, that's the best you got. This is supposed to be part of the celebration of your anniversary and you give us this drivel. The reward of 10 relics with very little value to them(actually less now that you've given everybody vaulted relics for a set that had decent trade value) for anyone who already has all the primes is pretty meh. Once again you ignore the veterans, I'd call it a complete waste of time but at least I managed to cook my breakfast while doing the mission. I'm certain a lot of white knights will come in here to ridicule me, to them I say go ahead. At this point it feels like DE have basically given up on their game in terms of fresh content. This is the same team that brought us excellent missions like Blackout. The drop in quality is very evident. Go ahead, tell me "Bye" "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" "stop whining" and a 1000 other over-used retorts on this forum. I'm not leaving, I'm still playing and I'm still hoping that DE gets their act together and starts caring about the game again instead of just their wallets. But these days they just follow the money, they cater to the new players and release tons of cosmetics for new players to buy with real money. They care very little about the older players who've supported this game for years and many older players know it.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

This is the same team that brought us excellent missions like Blackout

Are you playing the same game here? 

They never mentioned anything about it catering to veterans, and anniversaries aren’t always about that. If you have followed them for the last couple of weeks then you’d know more ‘challenge’ and ‘veteran’ content is coming, it’s just not this 

Also, this is not gift of the lotus, these are anniversary events, you should play more to figure this out 

• Like 11

But I thought the event was pretty satisfactory to me personally, in fact it was pretty convenient since I was planning on getting Spira and Sayrn Prime anyway, and DE doing this event was sort of nice and convenient (even if RNG may decide my fate at get duplicates or what I actually want).

Yet I can't feel like I can say you don't have a point. Like, you do, but it somewhat mute considering how DE does have more content on the way. Key thing is definitely patience as we don't exactly know when things are releasing, so trying to complain about filler content seems a bit odd.

Either way, I am starting to like this little event, and I can understand why you don't. Just take it easy, no one is forcing you to enjoy these small things at all.

Edited by Scruffel

11 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Are you playing the same game here? 

They never mentioned anything about it catering to veterans, and anniversaries aren’t always about that. If you have followed them for the last couple of weeks then you’d know more ‘challenge’ and ‘veteran’ content is coming, it’s just not this 

Also, this is not gift of the lotus, these are anniversary events, you should play more to figure this out 

Mate it'll probably end up about as thrilling as rebuilding the relay. That was an event remember? An event that took 15 mins to complete. Did I mention that they said they were catering to veterans? No I did not. I stated that they simply don't anymore and it's a shame. If you actually believe that more challenging content is coming then you're the one who needs to play more or perhaps you just need to pull of the tinted glasses. But congratulations on being a white knight, I said you'd come to the rescue and here you are. You don't disappoint.

Also perhaps you should read the statement they made on this anniversary where it says quite clearly "Each completed Gift of the Lotus Alert will also reward you with 10 relics". What did we get from the alert? That's right, 10 relics. So I guess by their own admission, this alert was a gift of the lotus. Reading is fun, try it some time.

Edited by Zilchy

4 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

But I thought the event was pretty satisfactory to me personally, in fact it was pretty convenient since I was planning on getting Spira and Sayrn Prime anyway, and DE doing this event was sort of nice and convenient (even if RNG may decide my fate at get duplicates or what I actually want).

Yet I can't feel like I can say you don't have a point. Like, you do, but it somewhat mute considering how DE does have more content on the way. Key thing is definitely patience as we don't exactly know when things are releasing, so trying to complain about filler content seems a bit odd.

Either way, I am starting to like this little event, and I can understand why you don't. Just take it easy, no one is forcing you to enjoy these small things at all.

Yep and I can understand why you would like it since you needed the primes. That's all well and good for you and 1000s of other newer players and I'm glad you're enjoying it. But for myself and many other long term players, all that we got from it is the price of Saryn Prime, Nikana and Spira prime sets reducing in value for trading. There was no challenge, nothing new and the only reason I bothered to do it was incase there's a bonus for completing all of them at the end of the event, like there often is. 

14 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Don't veterans already have a bunch of stuff that non-veterans don't have? I imagine grinding more leads to having more things that are earned by grinding.

All that this event is doing so far is reducing the trade value of Saryn, Spira and Nikana prime.

You know .. Zilchy is correct.. once you've done the 1x 30 minute alert she's all over rover.. until the next week or what ever when it comes out against the Corpus.. i thought the alerts would be happening every hour or something .. 30 minute survivals to keep collecting 10 relicts seemed ok.. but only 1 per weekend .. is that right?.. now we have to go through star chart killing Lancers .. I really though these anniversary "Alerts" would have been more like mini operations .. oh well  back to chasing the Kuva Siphons around the starchart ..

15 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

TLDR ; "I'm veteran I want my shiny I don't care about non-veteran."

If you read my response to a newer player you will see that's not true. Who said anything about wanting any new toys? I simply wanted them to create a mission that isn't a generic 30 minute survival I can sleep through. Is that so much to ask for? This is a 6 year anniversary and they can't even be bothered making it special. Actually read the post next time so you don't embarrass yourself.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

it's not bad, (it's not great) but it's not bad

easy 30 minute survival against easy enemies, 10 relics for vaulted items, 

the only problem I had was that enemies either wouldn't spawn or would actively run away (never seen them do that before) forcing me to track them down in side rooms and behind bits of cover

Just now, Etan-gK said:

it's not bad, (it's not great) but it's not bad

easy 30 minute survival against easy enemies, 10 relics for vaulted items, 

the only problem I had was that enemies either wouldn't spawn or would actively run away (never seen them do that before) forcing me to track them down in side rooms and behind bits of cover

Look I'm not saying it's an awful mission. But the fact is it's simply saturn survival staying for 30 mins and that's it. There's no new units, there's no different objective or anything like that, something as simple as keeping a VIP alive for 30 minute survival for example. I care not for the reward, I have more relics than I'll ever use, I just want either a challenge or something different. This is an anniversary event(the start of it) and this is the best their brains can come up with. But those same brains produced some stellar events in the past which hopefully come back one day. Instead they have knocked this together like the randomised sorties and gone back to counting money from cosmetics.  

To some people, especially newer players, a 30 minutes survival with level 30-50 enemies is a challenge. The rewards actually give us, people who don't own them yet, a chance to finally own Saryn, Nikana, and Spira Prime without spending lots of plats (unless our RNG says otherwise, of course). If you don't like that they're reducing values of Saryn/Nikana/Spira, then you might as well complain about relic unvaultings because it's basically the same thing. Besides we only get 10 of these relics each, it's not like we can re-farm them from anywhere anytime soon. It's just these 10 relics each. That's all the chance we get. If we don't get it, then we have to go back farming plats to buy each of these prime equipments. I don't see their values getting reduced by a large amount, unlike Frost and Ember.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

To some people, especially newer players, a 30 minutes survival with level 30-50 enemies is a challenge. The rewards actually give us, people who don't own them yet, a chance to finally own Saryn, Nikana, and Spira Prime without spending lots of plats (unless our RNG says otherwise, of course). If you don't like that they're reducing values of Saryn/Nikana/Spira, then you might as well complain about relic unvaultings because it's basically the same thing. Besides we only get 10 of these relics each, it's not like we can re-farm them from anywhere anytime soon. It's just these 10 relics each. That's all the chance we get. If we don't get it, then we have to go back farming plats to buy each of these prime equipments. I don't see their values getting reduced by a large amount, unlike Frost and Ember.

Again as I said to someone above, if you're a new player and you're loving it then that's great. But to an older player, DE has turned their back on us. I'm willing to bet half of us or more don't want any new toys(another rubbish gun to add to the mastery pile), we just want different challenges, doesn't even have to be harder, just different. For the record, I don't sell many primes, I sell arcanes, so the trade value doesn't really affect me. I was simply stating that as the only thing this event is accomplishing so far.

Edited by Zilchy

Just now, Zilchy said:

Again as I said to someone above, if you're a new player and you're loving it then that's great. But to an older player, DE has turned their back on us. I'm willing to bet half of us or more don't want any new toys(another rubbish gun to add to the mastery pile), we just want different challenges, doesn't even have to be harder, just different. 

Hmm, yes I do agree they need to come up with a better challenges. At least if they're giving us a 30 min GRINEER survival mission, give us a horde of Noxes or Bombards to spice things up a little. Or come up with a completely different mission type. But hey this is just the beginning of their massive massive event. I'd say give them a break and let them surprise us.

39 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

At this point it feels like DE have basically given up on their game in terms of fresh content.

or maybe they give us this uninspired mission because they are busy as hell reworking melee, reworking the alert system, working on the deck 12 event for fortuna, working on railjack, working on the next cinematic quest and working on the next 3 god damn warframes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AzureScion said:

Hmm, yes I do agree they need to come up with a better challenges. At least if they're giving us a 30 min GRINEER survival mission, give us a horde of Noxes or Bombards to spice things up a little. Or come up with a completely different mission type. But hey this is just the beginning of their massive massive event. I'd say give them a break and let them surprise us.

Yeh there wasn't a single Nox eh? 😞  Look MAYBE they'll get their act together and I hope that posting things like this will get them off their butts to try harder. They used to make the best alerts and events, the quality has definitely dropped of recent. I was all hyped for the Relay event last year and that turned out to be a boring 15 min grind so it's hard to be optimistic for this one tbh.

4 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

or maybe they give us this uninspired mission because they are busy as hell reworking melee, reworking the alert system, working on the deck 12 event for fortuna, working on railjack, working on the next cinematic quest and working on the next 3 god damn warframes.

exactly. If you know they can deliver great missions, maybe they're just busy and it was this or nothing. Either way, there are some that appreciate it.

"you guys suck" post is counterproductive and probably more likely to discourage them from releasing mini events, alerts in between busy periods because some people seem more content with nothing instead.

Edited by Hypernaut1

14 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Another person who can't read. Thanks for your input.

I read it just fine.  And you pretty much addressed the tone of this thread perfectly when you stated that it will be viewed as whining.

If you've been around as long as you claim then you know the nature of this game at it's core: a casual horde looter shooter.  

CASUAL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

Do we need more frames that are churned out with little thought? They'll just be nerfed inside of a week anyway eg revenant and many others. Melee 3.0 has been talked about for well over a year now but yeh, it's around the corner.... Come on man, is it not possible that they're perhaps rushing things? Too many things at once equals half baked ideas with zero testing(they're still in Beta 6 years in - yeh right).