Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NSW is at a huge disadvantage with the community event

(NSW)Derrion

The NSW community is currently only at 22% with 2 days left on the clock for our double affinity weekend milestone. I already replied to [DE]Helen in the announcement post, but was hoping to get some more visibility here. We have three (probably more) massive disadvantages that are making things look grim for completing this weekend's challenge:

1) New community, new players aren't as likely going to voluntarily grind out lancers

2) Likely the smallest community to contribute to the goal overall

3) Fortuna was just released for us, most people are probably still exploring this content

I'm not aware if the milestone is scaled based off the community size, though I can say it certainly seems that the NSW needs it toned down a bit. I love playing this game on switch and I understand the community is still so fresh so that means certain growing pains; however, I feel like we are treated like second-class citizens a lot and especially in the case of these weekend events.

Any help to get this noticed by the devs would be appreciated, I don't want to come across as overly complaining. I just want the playing field evened out for our smaller community.

Edited by (NSW)Derrion

I think PC was at 37% when I was logged in earlier today. Have to admit I'm only killing lancers because I'm farming plastids for Wukong research and Titan on Saturn provides me with both. Would have been nice if there was some additional method to contribute to the community goal. I mean I felt like I was letting the community down when I took a break from plastids and spent several hours mining in Orb Vallis to get stuff to build my first Moa while I could have been killing lancers.

It really just started yesterday.  A lot of people have to work and other responsibilities.  I'm sure when we all get a chance to sit down and contribute it will rise.  Has it even been a full day yet? Plus Lancers are in pretty much all grineer missions aren't they? Just do invasions and side with corpus.  Do kuva missions.  There are many ways to kill Lancers and work on other objectives at the same time.

I cant help but think just the kuva farmers will be enough to complete this goal alone and then we'll be at 100% for the last several hours.  

I'm talking about ps4.  Switch users I would just concentrate on farming invasions and siding with corpus.  Almost everything you get ther you will need sooner or later for one thing or another 

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Derrion said:

Is PS4 having trouble too? That makes our situation pretty much apocalyptic on switch if the second largest community is struggling...

Don't know what he's talking about, PS4 had 20% within 12 hours of the event starting.  At that rate we'll be done with 12+ hours left.

1 minute ago, Showerwalker said:

perhaps for many it's preferable to acquire plat and buy boosters than to grind lancer for it, and the slower it progresses the more tedious/far-fetch it would seem and less attractive effort-reward wise.

Weekend boosters stack with purchased boosters, so it would be most advantageous to do both.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Weekend boosters stack with purchased boosters, so it would be most advantageous to do both.

hmm interesting, I've no idea then. maybe DE will round it up by the end, given how often they seem to rigg stats, and also booster weekend is a good way to draw players, optimistically it'll happen.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

It really just started yesterday.  A lot of people have to work and other responsibilities.  I'm sure when we all get a chance to sit down and contribute it will rise.  Has it even been a full day yet? Plus Lancers are in pretty much all grineer missions aren't they? Just do invasions and side with corpus.  Do kuva missions.  There are many ways to kill Lancers and work on other objectives at the same time.

I cant help but think just the kuva farmers will be enough to complete this goal alone and then we'll be at 100% for the last several hours.  

I'm talking about ps4.  Switch users I would just concentrate on farming invasions and siding with corpus.  Almost everything you get ther you will need sooner or later for one thing or another 

It had been 24 hours by the time we got 22%, there are 72 hours in the event total. That puts us 11% behind pace to finish the event on time. As I'm typing this we still only have 28% with 44 hours left. It's the weekend so the "work and responsibilities" reasoning doesn't hold up so well since most people don't work weekends and the switch community probably has a younger average age anyways.

Unfortunately your suggestions for grinding ignore the whole point of this post: if I were to single handedly grind for the next 44 hours I still don't think we'd get anywhere near close enough with the current community contribution. It sucks that switch will likely get nothing for this event because of something that can't be helped since we're so new as a community.

yeah, it does seem to be going quite slowly, and it's not like there's hardly any players; there may however be slightly fewer players than normal, as games like Jump Force, Metro: Exodus and ApexLegends are out now, the lattermost of which has exploded unexpectedly into the F2P scene. (I don't think it'll be a "warframe killer", but it might grab some of our Tenno away).

it'll probably shoot up real fast tomorrow, Sunday's usually the lazier day of the weekend for most.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Derrion said:

It had been 24 hours by the time we got 22%, there are 72 hours in the event total. That puts us 11% behind pace to finish the event on time. As I'm typing this we still only have 28% with 44 hours left. It's the weekend so the "work and responsibilities" reasoning doesn't hold up so well since most people don't work weekends and the switch community probably has a younger average age anyways.

Unfortunately your suggestions for grinding ignore the whole point of this post: if I were to single handedly grind for the next 44 hours I still don't think we'd get anywhere near close enough with the current community contribution. It sucks that switch will likely get nothing for this event because of something that can't be helped since we're so new as a community.

All I meant is kill grineer and try to make the best of it.  Multitask.   Make sure you do something that you still get some benefits from at the same time.  If DE dousnt adjust for it or it dousnt already have an escalating reward system for time left than I feel for you.  I just wouldn't panic or overreact atm until you have a clearer picture.  The switch is after all relatively new.

I'm skeptical, myself. Pretty much every event DE has ever run has been rigged, and in fact, MOST companies tend to rig the results for "participation" events like these. It just looks really bad if they fail and hurts community morale and drive to play.

but it's not like i can promise that they'll cheat it, either. good luck.

14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm willing to bet that the event will go forward, regardless of actual participation.  

Can you imagine the uproar if even 1 platform failed to get it's anniversary items, especially if it's the newest platform?  DE isn't gonna let that happen. 

Or it's designed to hit 100% like relays do now after the great "for science!" event

48 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm willing to bet that the event will go forward, regardless of actual participation.  

Can you imagine the uproar if even 1 platform failed to get it's anniversary items, especially if it's the newest platform?  DE isn't gonna let that happen. 

this isn't to get the anniversary items, though. it's just to unlock a bonus weekend. Buuut I still am leaning more towards the expectation of DE making it pass than not.

2 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

this isn't to get the anniversary items, though. it's just to unlock a bonus weekend. Buuut I still am leaning more towards the expectation of DE making it pass than not.

Ah, right, my bad.  I misunderstand how that worked out. 

And, yeah, I'd be shocked if DE didn't make this progress regardless, just due to the uproar it would cause.