Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis flame

Demaneth

Probably no one will care about this, but anyone more thinks that flame from ignis is a little bit ugly¿?. I mean, I love the weapon, but on external perspective it looks like its shooting fast fireballs instead of a continious flame/beam. In player perspective doesnt look too bad but when I see another one using it looks really weird. Another games even old ones have better animations for the flame of flamethrowers.

I found videos like this

And I nearly think that every flamethrower here on the video looks better than ignis. I mean, the flame, not the desing of the flamethrower. Leave here your thoughts. Probably I will be the only one thinking this way XD. I usually tend to look at this minimal things and details

3 minutes ago, D20 said:

As far as I know the texture of the flame changes depending of what elements you put in your Ignis. Perhaps it can be related to this.

Uhm maybe the colour, but still looks like a fireball launcher.

Tested with a friend, except the gas thrower as Omega-ZX said, the other combinations look exactly the same.

F1ABE065F073C028BDD564DA74EEE8F78E81E758

This is gas.

7BC46539BDBD5ACE19116FC90B357172EA6F0D55

This is Viral, and this is exactly the same with other combinations except maybe the little effects, but as you can see on the photo we are shooting fireballs fast and growing in time/distance, so it try to look like a continious beam but a lot of times on missions looks really weird, moreover whith different colors. Dont want to be nitpicking on just one art desing of a weapon haha, but I think it can look a lot better for the only one actual flamethrower we have, except for the antirape pepper pistol (embolist). A flamethrower in the end is just a fire beam, not a ball launcher. Maybe add a continious flame beam with fall will do the visual fix, and I even saw two types of flamethrowers irl, the typical continious wide flame and the thin one with a little fall caused by the liquid.

It could be argued that since it's of grineer design that it's not meant to work smoothly, that there could be inefficiencies in the fuel burning due to mashed together parts resulting in the staggered burn.  I also think that if you were to make the flame a continuous line that it might make the bloom particularly strong, but then it could just be lowered if they made the effects change.

Edited by Starfreak911

28 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

It could be argued that since it's of grineer design that it's not meant to work smoothly, that there could be inefficiencies in the fuel burning due to mashed together parts resulting in the staggered burn.  I also think that if you were to make the flame a continuous line that it might make the bloom particularly strong, but then it could just be lowered if they made the effects change.

Yeah, we can argue anything to find sense on that fx but I hope they change it anyway as a personal opinion/taste on how it looks, this last updates are changing a lot of fire fx on weapons with more particles and effects, like archwing weapons recently or plasmor arca firing.