Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)JoKeR77220

Warframe need a crossserver and a cross play

please warframe , we need a crossserver and a crossplay , i am ps4 player and i have so many friends on pc but there is a barrier betwwen us , players should allowed to played together despite their platforms , i really putting hope in this so please start thinking about that and take an action towards it please , especailly that you made all the patches close to each other except the hot fix on pc that wouldn't make that much problem , plus that my pc isn't good even to run warframe so i play it on ps4 , crossplay between platforms is evolving in most of the games and warframe isn't less exciting that these games , pc may take the advantage of mouse movements but also console has he advantage of controls and casting abilities and other stuff in controlling 

Hope that my msg reach the developers and they start planning and deploying this idea ASAP 

Its not as simple as to say it in 

In our wise spoiler lord DE Steve " we dont just make new map and release it , we add in huge additions into game and its core mechanics " meaning it can be potentioly game braking or even breek consoles .

On technicle side I dont see how its posible mind you Im no game dev but most comman opinion would be what PC updates would have to holted till console updates pass cretification and whats a NO NO both from comunity and devs .

Except people have been suggesting it way long before you and the answer is NO.

6 hours ago, (PS4)JoKeR77220 said:

please warframe , we need  crossplay 

No we do not need guys dressing up as anime girls.

Jokes aside, this will not happen because to make it happen, it is the console companies' decisions, not DE.

This is off topic and this wont reach the developers.

You would have to bring the issue to Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony. The lack of cross-play games isn't due to game developers, but due to those who sell each console. There's a reason why a lot of games that are shared between PC and Console are just PC<->XBox as Windows is the most used operating system, which belongs to Microsoft, which also sells the XBox. When the Xbox was ahead, Microsoft was against cross-play, although for the last year it is Sony that has been against cross-play.

14 hours ago, (PS4)JoKeR77220 said:

Hope that my msg reach the developers and they start planning and deploying this idea ASAP 

lmao

Threads about cross-play and account migration should be automatically deleted.

Yes, because having players with S2W macros, controllers not being able to keep pace, and the egregious amount host migrations on both ends are simply must haves for the health of the game.

Just....no.

15 hours ago, (PS4)JoKeR77220 said:

Sorry Tenno, but as everyone is explaining, it's not really up to DE. They can't force the companies to agree to let us do that, and as you are aware, there are technical issues that would need to be solved before it could happen. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)JoKeR77220 said:

please warframe , we need a crossserver and a crossplay , i am ps4 player and i have so many friends on pc but there is a barrier betwwen us , players should allowed to played together despite their platforms , i really putting hope in this so please start thinking about that and take an action towards it please , especailly that you made all the patches close to each other except the hot fix on pc that wouldn't make that much problem , plus that my pc isn't good even to run warframe so i play it on ps4 , crossplay between platforms is evolving in most of the games and warframe isn't less exciting that these games , pc may take the advantage of mouse movements but also console has he advantage of controls and casting abilities and other stuff in controlling 

Have you any idea how complicated that would be? Not to mention the potential security implications?

To do that would require cross-server access...which means the console companies would have to open up their servers to their rivals.

Not to mention the additional code required to enable the different platforms to "talk" to each other.

Never say never, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

DE have to jump through a lot of hoops as it is, just to get each console update approved.

They've mentioned they would like Cross-Progress, so we could take our accounts to different platforms, but it isn't a priority right now and has its own problems anyway.  Besides technical issues, one is that it is in the best interest of every company to keep players on their platform and to buy things through their platform, so Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo would all resist such a change.

Cross-Play is more likely just plain not going to happen.

Crossplay is not going to happen. PC is essentially their test server because they can push patches at their leisure, something they can't do on consoles. It would be extremely difficult to maintain version parity between all platforms.

Some degree of cross-progression, however, is a possibility.

No thanks.  Too much whining would follow from all platforms about everything.  I also don't wanna play with other platforms if I can't trade with them, which isn't going to happen.

2 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Threads about cross-play and account migration should be automatically deleted.

At this point I have to agree :/

People attack this topic in a brutal way wow , seems like most of the players argue about the #*!%ing sony and microsoft S#&amp;&#036; XD , all that is true but if at least this idea pops up in one of the developers mind he may take an action or whatever happens and btw i sent to sony too and it didn't attack as the players here did , and from what i read here , the majority see that the pc is the platform of  " bugs fixing thing " which means it's " #*!%ing testing platform " not a normal platform , DE test it's new things on pc and then deploy it on ps4 and btw  there is bugs on the ps4 too and its fixed in the same way the pc got it's fixes , i know that players won't be familiar with what will i say now but fortnite had the cross play and it had whatever the code or the access it need which means it #*!%ing happened in a game it can happen again if some sort of things happen , there is no company not seeking for profit and i think that game like fortinite had it's estimated profit from that  and sony also , people say that talking is easy but not actions , okay some people mentioned that pc is for testing , okay lets test the #*!% out of this also XD i am forced to reply in a aggresive way but people are better in it 😄 

Welcoming any other complain :)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)JoKeR77220 said:

People attack this topic in a brutal way wow , seems like most of the players argue about the #*!%ing sony and microsoft S#&amp;&#036; XD , all that is true but if at least this idea pops up in one of the developers mind he may take an action or whatever happens and btw i sent to sony too and it didn't attack as the players here did , and from what i read here , the majority see that the pc is the platform of  " bugs fixing thing " which means it's " #*!%ing testing platform " not a normal platform , DE test it's new things on pc and then deploy it on ps4 and btw  there is bugs on the ps4 too and its fixed in the same way the pc got it's fixes , i know that players won't be familiar with what will i say now but fortnite had the cross play and it had whatever the code or the access it need which means it #*!%ing happened in a game it can happen again if some sort of things happen , there is no company not seeking for profit and i think that game like fortinite had it's estimated profit from that  and sony also , people say that talking is easy but not actions , okay some people mentioned that pc is for testing , okay lets test the #*!% out of this also XD i am forced to reply in a aggresive way but people are better in it 😄 

Welcoming any other complain 🙂

It would do you some justice to learn how to form paragraphs and to utilize proper punctuation. I had a very difficult time reading your posts because of the lack thereof. Not trying to nitpick, but still. 

Anyway. I don't see why, in ideal conditions, crossplay isn't possible. There's not a lot of content exclusive to each platform that I'm aware of (There probably is something related to platinum, though).  If they were all at the same game version, and the big dogs in charge of their platforms were agreeable, then yes. We probably could get cross-play.

However, there are a lot of obstacles that make cross-play difficult to attain right now as other people have mentioned already. Those big dog companies don't like to play nice with each other (Sony especially here lately!), first and foremost.

Secondly, keeping all the different versions of the game up to date to make things compatible with one another really is easier said than done. Shoot, the code from trying to make cross-play work can fix some things and completely break others. If you have any sort of experience with computer language, you'll know exactly what I mean. What works for one console will break something for a different one, and what works for PC is completely different from other things. Stuff like that would make even working on cross-play a time consuming project, and probably budget-consuming as well by extension.

Cross-play's a possibility, yes, but not a very likely one. Best we can do is hope and dream, really.