Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think are the top 5 best melee weapons to use in 2019?

VoltTheHero

Considering block is going to be automatic now, it's safe to say Silva and Aegis Prime will probably be the new meta with it's 90% DR.

Followed by daggers with CL, because stinging thorn will be much easier to pull off with the melee rework.

Then probably gun blades and glaives, because being able to switch to melee instantly. 

And last anything with reach. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

I really like the redeemer prime but it's just not doing that great without Bullet Dance, Voltaic Strike, and Condition overload. I tried every other build but it seems lackluster. Redeemer Prime is out of the option to me. However here's my top 5 favorite:

1. Maiming Lecta (hey abuse it before they fix it amirite)

2. Gram Prime with mad attack speed boosted with my Eternal War Valkyr

3. CL Rakta Dagger, combined with Fatal Teleport this destroys everything

4. Orthos Prime/Guandao, I'm a big fan of spears and polearms since forever, also capable of maiming builds although not as great as whips

5. This might be not as effective but I enjoy using Nikanas with Decisive Judgement. Very satisfying.

I’ll have to wait until melee update comes out before I can honestly say with any confidence.  Instead I’ll give you ones I enjoy  

Jat Kittag - with Vulcan blitz (kaboom)

glaive prime - krull was an awesome movie  oh and guns with flying knives.

Zenistar - everything goes everywhere and it’s on fire. 

Dark Split-Sword - it’s secretly pretty awesome.

Obex - with berserker. Who really wants to know what they’re doing anyway?

some of those are top tier. Some not. You probably already know which ones are(n’t). Melee is making a big change soon, but there’re soooo many interesting melee weapons.  It’ll be fun to revisit most of them. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

so Whips and Polearms, same as now kind of.

honestly,t he top 5 could likely be all Zaws, depending on how they are built and modded. as for top 5 regualr weapons, for me its

Gram Prime

Galatine Prime

Paracesis

Prisma Obex

Skiajati

I know 3/5 are heavy blades but we can't deny Heavy Blades are strong AF, and massive Swords always have some appeal. I'm a fan of the weapon class, though I wouldn't be against making them a slower but harder hitting alternative, like Hammers but just a teeny bit quicker. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Considering block is going to be automatic now, it's safe to say Silva and Aegis Prime will probably be the new meta with it's 90% DR.

Followed by daggers with CL, because stinging thorn will be much easier to pull off with the melee rework.

Then probably gun blades and glaives, because being able to switch to melee instantly. 

Screw that I am still using Sigma & Octantis

I like Silva n Aegis Prime, or pretty much all sword n board weapons are nice

Lesion, cuz its still one of the best weapons in game, I think my no forma build is still insane dps.

Ninkondi cuz I'ma ninja!  And they're actually kinda awesome.

Hirudo cuz they're also awesome,  no switching for heals!

Cerata cuz its my go to glaive,  even though I wish glaives where less clunky. 

Long reaching melee swish swish weapons are nice and all, but they're stupid.   DE shouldn't have allowed that to happen.  Its literally taken so much away from the game and the use of like 80% of the melee weapons out there has gone to nothing because they don't fit the max range swish swish bill.

Honorable mention - the Rakta Dark Dagger ❤️  Its got some neat gimicks.