Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Red King's Identity

Archimedes01

I should clarify what I mean by that. Veytok is the name of a Grineer rebel around the time the Tenno betrayed the Orokin. If you're interested in where this information comes from, read the Guardsman synthesis imprint here in the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guardsman

Veytok was my clan leader's first guess on who this Red King is. His second guess was himself, but lets go with the former. Veytok was apparently the leader of the Grineer before the Twin Queens, he also has the ability to lead and command the Grineer and act on his own. I wanna emphasize on how he's much larger than the other Grineer and he's quite the skilled fighter based on Synthesis Imprint. My clan leader's third guess is that this Red King might be an entirely new character as a whole, but his gut feeling tells him that the characters in all the Synthesis Imprints are going to start becoming more relevant and some of them might even appear in the main story from now on.

He also added that Veytok was capable of killing low tier Dax easily and possesses incredible combat ability along with his massive size, it doesn't matter how many sheep there are, Tenno, Veytok will definitely pose a threat and maybe even be capable of taking down Tenno and Warframe at our fullpower. This would be exciting, since unlike Stalker who simply cancels out our ability, we have yet to have an enemy who could fight like us and beat us with our own strength while we're at our best.

He also wanted to add that Nora Night might be Bilsa (an Orokin betrayer) in disguise, leading the Tenno to a trap, and how there were also these Grineer soldiers that served the Orokin before they started making Grineer soldiers out of the regular Grineer slaves.

This is all speculation at this point. What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: New information has come out. According to the trivia section of the Nora Night wikia page, the Red King is a reference to Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nora_Night

"...The Red King, is pulling the strings from the shadows, in order to destroy all the universes connected to the Tower. One of the ways he does this is by a group of mounted robots known as Grey Wolves."

Edited by Archimedes01
  • Like 8

Sssssargus Ruk. 

I mean, it seems centered on the Saturn sub-system, and Ruk uses a lot of fire, and "wolf" is sometimes used metaphorically to refer to soldiers/warriors, especially if they plunder (as far as I've seen).  The "Red King" and the "Wolf of Saturn 6" could be two ways to refer to the same individual or two different characters - the King could be the antagonist and the Wolf might be Nora and/or the organization she starts. 

Personally I'm struck by her talking to the "dreamers".  In the game's context, Tenno are called "dreamers" by the Grineer Queens, and presumably anyone else who understood them on that level.  Ignoring the Tenno specifically, though, she could be talking to the people being suppressed by the Grineer empire and can't see a different future. 

Guess we'll see soon enough. 

• Like 1

hmmm....I am surprised there is no clone of the Red King, he would of been great for a boss but turns out his existence doesn't exist but there is clues hinting on the wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bilsa

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eviscerator#Variants

and be surpised he list here when I type down Veytok: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Veytok

I am pretty sure there is lots secrets to be uncover for the truth, come to think about...to think about it the saw guy could be the red king?  Linking all the grineer's codex it might be his DNA is scatter.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

hmmm....I am surprised there is no clone of the Red King, he would of been great for a boss but turns out his existence doesn't exist but there is clues hinting on the wiki

Why clone someone who is a threat to your power?

He was useful before the Grineer had dominion and the remaining Orokin were still a potential threat.

Now?  The Twin Queens need scientists who can solve their problems and taskmasters who can keep their empire in line.

I suspect the Red King is Hunhow.

• Like 2

I thought the Red King was a metaphor of death. You know, the blood is red, and the "The Red King is at the dance" means there is a massacre going on or soon to be happening. 

Your theories are very interesting, made me think about how little I know about these "historical figures" in Warframe. Thanks for the references! Gotta hit the books!

1 minute ago, BallisticSalsa said:

Why clone someone who is a threat to your power?

He was useful before the Grineer had dominion and the remaining Orokin were still a potential threat.

Now?  The Twin Queens need scientists who can solve their problems and taskmasters who can keep their empire in line.

I suspect the Red King is Hunhow.

Red King is referring as grineer.  Hunhow is sentient so they might of met each other and do lollygag stuff and Hunhow isn't there for words and claiming titles.  These probably witness of the event of the red king.  The grineer has the memories of Red King how he started, I am sure its be the best to split the DNA in many of soldiers and make stronger and better units.  To think about it Veytor sound like Vey Hek and all the V for all the bosses...🤔I could be wrong think about it maybe they are piece of Red King's DNA or either all the bosses love the letter V alot and its becoming to sound like rhyming game.

I'll start, Veytor, VeyHek, Vor...pretty much thous guys start with V then you have other ppl DNA mix into that as well thanks to Orokin's DNA into the mix thanks to the other one so corrupted name become invalid...To come think about it it is possible to jam ppl name together then again its be pointless to think about what is what so that would be random rant.

At the time being the puzzel might lead to that cloning warframe or something like that

58 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Sssssargus Ruk. 

I mean, it seems centered on the Saturn sub-system, and Ruk uses a lot of fire, and "wolf" is sometimes used metaphorically to refer to soldiers/warriors, especially if they plunder (as far as I've seen).  The "Red King" and the "Wolf of Saturn 6" could be two ways to refer to the same individual or two different characters - the King could be the antagonist and the Wolf might be Nora and/or the organization she starts. 

Personally I'm struck by her talking to the "dreamers".  In the game's context, Tenno are called "dreamers" by the Grineer Queens, and presumably anyone else who understood them on that level.  Ignoring the Tenno specifically, though, she could be talking to the people being suppressed by the Grineer empire and can't see a different future. 

Guess we'll see soon enough. 

Steve said he would be a new villain entirely, but the train of thought my leader had went like this: Since Nora Night's radio transmissions clearly refer to the Wolf of Saturn and DE Steve said that the Wolf of Saturn will be a completely new enemy and since it will take place in Saturn which is 100% Grineer with a few infestation, my guess is that this new enemy will also be Grineer. Nora Night also brought up the wolves and sheep terminologies and you have to think about what the difference between a wolf and a sheep. A wolf is someone who's part of a team or they can go solo but most importantly they can be someone who leads as well. While the sheep is simply someone who follows and can't really think for themselves. The Tenno are certainly wolves and no sheep but this new enemy is no sheep either. And in addition to her mentioning the Red King I almost immediately referenced back to Veytok somehow, cause this Veytok guy is basically the first leader of the Grineer and you could consider him the King of Grineer in a way.

9 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Red King is referring as grineer.  Hunhow is sentient so they might of met each other and do lollygag stuff and Hunhow isn't there for words and claiming titles.  These probably witness of the event of the red king.  The grineer has the memories of Red King how he started, I am sure its be the best to split the DNA in many of soldiers and make stronger and better units.  To think about it Veytor sound like Vey Hek and all the V for all the bosses...🤔I could be wrong think about it maybe they are piece of Red King's DNA or either all the bosses love the letter V alot and its becoming to sound like rhyming game.

I'll start, Veytor, VeyHek, Vor...pretty much thous guys start with V then you have other ppl DNA mix into that as well thanks to Orokin's DNA into the mix thanks to the other one so corrupted name become invalid...To come think about it it is possible to jam ppl name together then again its be pointless to think about what is what so that would be random rant.

At the time being the puzzel might lead to that cloning warframe or something like that

I want to point at that during the Orokin Era they already had Grineer soldiers specifically made to be soldiers while they used Grineer slave laborers to create the Grineer enemies we face today. In addition to that, Veytok is different from the other clones, not only was he more massive but he grew more and more intelligent by the day instead of the opposite due to the usual Grineer clone deterioration failsafe that the Orokin had placed on the new clones in case of a rebellion. So my guess is that Veytok didn't allow himself to be cloned but he may have found a way to make himself immortal, remember the fat Kuva Guardians? He may be just like them but bigger and muscular with a lot of tech on him like Sargas Ruk

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

You mean crimson king? Is this some kind of reference to something?

It's not a reference to anything. It's part of some new radio transmissions by a person called Nora Night. She mentions the Red King in one of her messages. This video contains all her transmissions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkwdRGagAGQ

22 minutes ago, Archimedes01 said:

Steve said he would be a new villain entirely, but the train of thought my leader had went like this: Since Nora Night's radio transmissions clearly refer to the Wolf of Saturn and DE Steve said that the Wolf of Saturn will be a completely new enemy and since it will take place in Saturn which is 100% Grineer with a few infestation, my guess is that this new enemy will also be Grineer.

IIRC, he said that the Wolf of Saturn 6 event would introduce a "new character" - which many, myself included, assumed would be a antagonist and enemy boss in some shape or form because the title "Wolf of Saturn 6" sounds like a violent or villainous character.  

However, that was before they explained what the event was.  I had assumed it would be the introduction of the Kingpin system, so the "Wolf" would be the template to start that.  In reality, though, it's the introductory phase of Alerts 2.0, and with the transmissions we have from Nora Night now, who is a new character and probably who he meant, she is likely the interface NPC for the new system.  

Also, his story is placed somewhere near the fall of the Orokin Empire, which appears to be at least hundreds, if not thousands, of years ago.  It's unlikely that even a properly Orokin constructed Grineer could survive that long.  Then you consider his distaste for the Orokin, who the Queens were.  Even if he did the bit where he viewed them as Grineer for some reason, the Queens would likely view that as a threat and keep him on a leash (in which case he would be a dog and not a wolf) and it would be unlikely they would let him have the kinds of thing that would let him live that long, regardless of how useful he might be.  

Then there's the issues to the larger plot that introducing that character would produce.  If they still have a non-degrading specimen, why are they using degrading clones to make more clones?  This guy would have been around long enough to remember the Old War, where was he while Tyl Rigor, Vay Hek, and Vor were poking Sentient and Tenno graveyards and risking awakening things they couldn't stop?  With the knowledge he would have to have, why are the Grineer specifically, and the rest of system more generally, so wildly ignorant of the Orokin era?  

There are ways to make that all work in a way that makes everything much more interesting, but I find it highly unlikely.  

Here is a video from Devstream 32: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqy441sjlRI

Queens: "We tire of failure. Who put their faith in you, Admiral?"

C. Vor: "You did! I have a life debt..."

Queens: "To repay in Tenno blood!"

C. Vor: "I understand..."

Queens: "Do not awaken the vipers! Do not study them! Crush these eggs BEFORE they hatch! This, we command!"

C. Vor: "My Queens... klos aki (this time)-"

Queens: "Take the rail to Pluto! Borrol is in command now, Captain Vor."

We have yet to run into Admiral Borrol, who replaced Captain Vor after his demotion.

Il y a 2 heures, Archimedes01 a dit :

Steve said he would be a new villain entirely, but the train of thought my leader had went like this: Since Nora Night's radio transmissions clearly refer to the Wolf of Saturn and DE Steve said that the Wolf of Saturn will be a completely new enemy and since it will take place in Saturn which is 100% Grineer with a few infestation, my guess is that this new enemy will also be Grineer. Nora Night also brought up the wolves and sheep terminologies and you have to think about what the difference between a wolf and a sheep. A wolf is someone who's part of a team or they can go solo but most importantly they can be someone who leads as well. While the sheep is simply someone who follows and can't really think for themselves. The Tenno are certainly wolves and no sheep but this new enemy is no sheep either. And in addition to her mentioning the Red King I almost immediately referenced back to Veytok somehow, cause this Veytok guy is basically the first leader of the Grineer and you could consider him the King of Grineer in a way.

The villains are mentioned with the planes of duviri. 

Wolf of saturn 6 is the new alert system. You can see on the wolf of saturn 6 sneal peak that the standing is called radio standing. 

Probably the alert will be given by the radio and you could trade the standing for all those alert exclusive items beside doing the alerts. 

As for the Red King... No idea though. Maybe it's like Little Duck, our standing trader. 

Edited by TheSixteenth

3 hours ago, Archimedes01 said:

I want to point at that during the Orokin Era they already had Grineer soldiers specifically made to be soldiers while they used Grineer slave laborers to create the Grineer enemies we face today. In addition to that, Veytok is different from the other clones, not only was he more massive but he grew more and more intelligent by the day instead of the opposite due to the usual Grineer clone deterioration failsafe that the Orokin had placed on the new clones in case of a rebellion. So my guess is that Veytok didn't allow himself to be cloned but he may have found a way to make himself immortal, remember the fat Kuva Guardians? He may be just like them but bigger and muscular with a lot of tech on him like Sargas Ruk

yea we all remember, still it doesn't mean the queen will kill their own men and abstract their DNA.  More I am convinced about this red king's DNA is scatter like in the wind, to come to think about it who is also intelligent >.> (looking at clem)🤔...its even more puzzle box then before, ghouls are from dead grineers and yet has defection, some grineer has the similar defection.  Ugh its like walking in a maze with clues and hint cards for this puzzle, pretty much for sure the Red King is pretty much dead because the queen didn't give all the generals or bunch of grineers that immortal kuva or other wise the Red King should of done the same thing rebel the queen and many reason why with additional want be king of the throne room for example how kings always try kill one another for the sit and so does the kings shall do the same thing against the queens.

If the Red King is still alive then it is possible the queen is just kept him in a cell of many centuries as it to be pass over tons years and if he is really immortal he would of broke out unless he is in cyro pods for also would make sense that someone is just taking parts of the DNA and slapping on the good ones and has few mistakes in the past.  For this would make sense about grineer's rebellion, massive proper and smarter grineer, it because all thanks to Red King's DNA being harvest from all this time probably knock out and the kuva made him immortal and bits of his blood being drain out of him every time.  Many of possible theories about the Red King is he held captives or is he dead which these are correct answer, for me I say its a 50/50 Red king could be held prison or either he is dead and still they are trying get the blood sample of him still. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

dudes, its just simple: The Red King is RedText.

It's been so long since I've seen RedText that it never crossed my mind that Red King = RedText!

29 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Isn’t the red king a devil reference? I associate the red king with like Mardi Gras or voodoo. I don’t think there will be a a character called the red king. She seems to be talking metaphorically, about devils, wolves, the man etc

We've already thought about that but it would just be kind of sad to not be introduced to a new cast of characters that are memorable. Like so many people are too quick to wanna betray the Lotus and kill her because there was never any real bond between us or any connection at all. We don't have a Seargent Johnson from Halo or any other character that has fought along side us, saved us, and had some memorable moments with that would be enough for us to devastate us and make us cry and become depressed if they died, like there's literally no emotional investment at all in Warframe's story. You pick any character from Warframe and kill them off and I guarantee you not a single one of us will shed a tear

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

If the Red King is still alive then it is possible the queen is just kept him in a cell of many centuries as it to be pass over tons years and if he is really immortal he would of broke out unless he is in cyro pods for also would make sense that someone is just taking parts of the DNA and slapping on the good ones and has few mistakes in the past.  For this would make sense about grineer's rebellion, massive proper and smarter grineer, it because all thanks to Red King's DNA being harvest from all this time probably knock out and the kuva made him immortal and bits of his blood being drain out of him every time.  Many of possible theories about the Red King is he held captives or is he dead which these are correct answer, for me I say its a 50/50 Red king could be held prison or either he is dead and still they are trying get the blood sample of him still. 🤷‍♂️

Some of my guesses would be that they kept him in cryosleep and only awaken him in times of emergency (such as the death of the Grineer Queens), or when the Sentients have started to return and the Grineer falls into great danger which would require them to awaken their hero. My other guess is that he's dealing with the Duviri, and perhaps that the Duviri are an old enemy of the Orokin which the Grineer were left to deal with after we wiped out the Orokin.

12 minutes ago, Archimedes01 said:

Some of my guesses would be that they kept him in cryosleep and only awaken him in times of emergency (such as the death of the Grineer Queens), or when the Sentients have started to return and the Grineer falls into great danger which would require them to awaken their hero. My other guess is that he's dealing with the Duviri, and perhaps that the Duviri are an old enemy of the Orokin which the Grineer were left to deal with after we wiped out the Orokin.

Could be, but they were killing orokin and harvesting their DNA at the same time and I can understand why they hate orokin when they look like this

b8b0a1fad0d8b15b154d35078701d58cf2948ae7

hmm the thing I cannot blame for them hate they looking like this but it doesn't mean they got the right killing these non-orokin people.  As to be and back to the point, why would the queen didn't recruit what is the left over orokin people and had them work on more on the scientist and had them in good fed and being clean all the time.  At the time being it would of been best interested have the orokin to manipulate the left overs to believed that warframe are your enemy and they threw your empire into madness, yet instead they kill them for it.  How nice it is what best way make friends :clap:.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

On 2019-02-17 at 1:11 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bilsa

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eviscerator#Variants

and be surpised he list here when I type down Veytok: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Veytok

I am pretty sure there is lots secrets to be uncover for the truth, come to think about...to think about it the saw guy could be the red king?  Linking all the grineer's codex it might be his DNA is scatter.

I forgot to mention this. There was some new information released (if it even counts as canon) about the Red King. Details are in the edits of my original post.

On 2019-02-19 at 7:00 PM, Archimedes01 said:

I forgot to mention this. There was some new information released (if it even counts as canon) about the Red King. Details are in the edits of my original post.

Was it canon when the guardman of the grineer remember about red king?  Pretty much anything can be if you think about it but I am pretty sure it would explain nearly anything can be canon about how does these grineer remember who they were partly in memories or how these messages of codex even get messages then again that is also canon.

On 2019-02-17 at 5:30 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

If the Red King is still alive then it is possible the queen is just kept him in a cell of many centuries as it to be pass over tons years and if he is really immortal he would of broke out

Riz the thread, why do I have to be flipping right about it... :facepalm:

Could it be possible that "The Red King" is the original tissue sample from which the Grineer originated?  Dance could be the "Danse Macabre", meaning that the sample may be dieing or degradeing, so things are about to get real nasty.