Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple must have weapon list

(NSW)Jakdarsan

Hi all, 

Knowing that this game is so vast and there are so many options/play styles, I just want to simplify it for myself since I am fairly new to the game. Can anyone advise one to two key weapons per category that I should max out/forma/end game play. I found this list on another thread but would like to scale it down. I guess I'm asking for guidance on what weapons I should focus on getting, long term. Currently play Excalibur and building Rhino. 

Primary - Tigris Prime, Lenz, Dread, Soma Prime, Quartakk, Opticor, Hema, Vectis Prime, Lanka, Vaykor Hek, Tenora, Zarr.

Secondary - Pandero, Mara Detron, Euphona Prime, Akbolto Prime, Akstilleto Prime, Brakk, Staticor, Twin Rogga, Vaykor Marelok, Pox.

Melee - Atterax, Orthos Prime, Nikana Prime, Mios, Zaw, Rakta Dark Dagger, Destreza, Glavie Prime, Galatine Prime, Guandao, War, Secura Lecta.

For new progression i suggest going by Brozimes current FTPlaythrough progression and then later deciding on specifics.

Tho regular Vectis, Dread, Hek, Atomos, a Tombfinger or Catchmoon Kitgun, pretty much any "25% crit chance post gilding" Zaw, Bo>Tipedo>Lesion progression line, Guandao, Broken War are all solid options fully worth the investment (and for Kitgun and Polearm Zaws, functionally a general best in slot).

Your question is based on an incorrect assumption.

Nearly every weapon is endgame viable.  It's true that some are simply better than others, and some start out more developed, but once you put a Orokin Catalyst ("Blue Potato", in the parlance of the game) and 2-3 forma on anything that doesn't have mk.1 in its name, it can handle level 100 enemies.  Most of a weapon's power comes from mods, which you'll collect as you play- a greater capacity & more polarities mean you can fit more and better mods on it.  Some weapons (like the Atterax) are pretty weak without the right build, but become stupidly powerful once you can capitalize on their strengths.  

So keep the weapons that seem fun or feel good or have a trick you like.  You can make them brilliant later.  With melee 3.0 coming out soon, I can't tell you what melee weapons will be good in a month.

That said- this is a horde shooter, so anything with innate AoE is better than something that can kill one guy at a time.  If you need to deal with a boss with one small weak point AND a horde of enemies, a spray 'n pray gun like the Twin Grakatas or Prisma Gorgon will serve you well.

Definitely get Vectis P/Lanka, Euphona Prime and Rakta Dark Dagger(also Opticor if you play Harrow), all god tier weapons and really fun to use besides being good looking.

You will sooner or later passively farm Orthos P anyways, which is good enough for Meme Strike builds, but there are better crit focused weapons for that. (if you can afford a Plague Zaw staff and have the arcanes for it, you got a better Meme Strike weapon which can also stunlock and debuff with Viral procs, perfect for trash mob clearing with a Sonar-Savage Banshee)

Tigris P is also considered a good weapon, but imo. the duplex trigger fire mode is annoying and i find snipers better anyways, you can kill much more much faster with your Vectis by the time you reload your Tigris.

But like others said, pick what you like, you can make almost any weapon viable.

Certain frames can also make niche weapons viable or broken even, frames like Slow Nova, Banshee and Harrow have some interesting synergies with some of the weapons.

On 2019-02-18 at 12:52 AM, (NSW)Jakdarsan said:

anyone advise one to two key weapons per category that I should max out/forma/end game play.

Different enemies are weak to different things, so there's no key weapons that work everywhere. Also sorties mean you need some specific weapons end-game modded even if you wouldn't use them in normal play.

So...

Sniper: Vectors Prime, Rubico Prime or Lanka. The last is the weakest for most content but best for Eidolon killing.

Bow: Lenz. That's it, don't bother with any other bows. Sure you can make the Dread do monstrous crit damage to one target, but while you're doing that the Lenz user is going to blow everything up, including themselves.

Shotgun: Tig Prime does the most damage if (and only if) you have all 4 60/60 mods. Even then it's cumbersome. Arca Plasmor is more consistent and mows down entire corridors.

Rifle: huge selection with loads of good options. Supra Vandal with augment is my most used as it recharges energy, has massive DPS and shoots for ever. Tenora is better at long range but needs lots of forma as it's all about crit. Miter with its augment is worthwhile as it permanently pops nullifiers, which can be a godsend for ability dependent frames as some missions chuck loads of overlapping bubbles at you at once. Baza for stealth missions.

Pistol: a well built kitgun beats every other secondary in the game.

Melee: pretty much the same for Zaws. Gram Prime is the best non-Zaw. Until the melee 3.0 changes you can get insane results from whips - the Atterax + Maiming Strike + Primed Reach can clear whole rooms with a slide attack. Daggers are a special case, as they're pretty useless, but if you have Covert Lethality (rare drop from high level spy missions) you can kill any enemy (no matter their HP) in a finisher. This let's you still get kills at crazy scaled enemies. The actual dagger doesn't matter though.

A lot depends on what mods you already have. Don't bother with the Tig Prime if you don't have all 4 60/60 mods yet, don't bother with a whip of you don't have Maiming Strike, and so on.

A lot depends on what you want to do? Killing Eidolons? Then you need a Lanka. Doing Sorties? Then you need a Lenz and a Rubico/Venka Prime (or a DPS frame like Mesa, Saryn or Gara).

You want to build a zaw and a kitgun, in either case go for > 10% status and as much crit as you can get and you can't go too far wrong. You'll probably end up building at least one of every strike/chamber.

My favourite weapon is my zaw polearm with Shimmering Blight. The quick attack is super fast even with slow attackspeed and the Howling Gale combo looks awesome is very strong and easy to perform.

My favourite primary weapons:

- Buzlock which has probably the highst dps in the game with riven

- Zenith because it´s very versatile and usefull almost everywhere

- Rubico

For secondary all you need in my opinion is Staticor. Big aoe and high damage. Probably the best secondary currently and especially usefull for Arbitration.

A lot ther weapons mentioned here are good as well but I in my opinion a few are quite overrated like Tigris and Soma Prime.

Also Can anyone explain to me why I see Lenz here? As far as I know you can fire 6 shots that´s it. You can´t even kill high level Heavy Gunner with your entire ammo pool unless I´m doing something seriously wrong.

Edited by Arcira

52 minutes ago, Arcira said:

Also Can anyone explain to me why I see Lenz here? As far as I know you can fire 6 shots that´s it.

It converts all other ammo to Lenz ammo, so you don't tend to run out often. Modded up it can kill almost everything all at once.

You can kill a high level anything with it, mod heavily for crit. It's really good at about sortie level, which makes it perfect for bow-only missions.

It's still a bow mind, it's the best of the class, and probably the best launcher weapon too, but bows aren't terribly effective in Warframe generally.

Soma Prime + Akstilleto Prime is probably the best generalist combo, but will be nearly useless for some important content. Vectis Prime and Lanka are some of the best choices for some later content, but will be miserably slow going through the star chart.

if you’ve only got one frame, don’t worry about meta weapons. Braton/Burston/Lex do well enough early on, and as your MR goes up you can try out tons of weapons. The top tier weapons today might be meh next week — Flux Rifle, Boltor Prime, and Acrid were all considered the best of the best at some point (RIP flux) — but weapons you like can be modded to pretty much always be viable.

Melee weapons are a little bit different... without the right mods most guns just do much less damage, without the right melee mods most melee weapons are just sticks you swing at people. Don’t worry much about melee early on, by mid-star map they’ll almost all feel pretty weak. Once you can get sone specific mods for them they’ll be the most powerful weapons in the game, but that’s a bit of time away.

the gun blades are nice to use as well for a melee option if you ever want to feel like taking a 3rd gun into a map, just as a standard I like the redeemer and the redeemer prime,and you can never go wrong with the sarpa which will shred nullifier bubbles in no time. If you ever get the time to try them out give them a go, they may fit your play style, they may not but I would say give them a try.

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Supra Vandal > Soma Prime.

If we speak about top tier weapons, supra vandal is not in the top list neither the soma prime. Supra vandal is good but it's not a Hit scan weapon and very imprecise to get head shots even at close range.

If you like to try your weapons only in the simulacrum then the best weapons are tiberon prime,  prisma grakata, synapse or khom. They can destroy everything under level 200 in less than a second. For secondaries prisma twin gremlin, every kitgun, akajakara prime, sicarus prime.

In real game after level 100 probably  you will finish your ammo or get killed trying to aim the head of your enemies..

The truth is that the top weapons are melee only because the game is stupidly unbalanced. Every melee weapon with a good disposition it's a must have weapon. 

Edited by bibmobello

39 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Scathing.

Also wrong on his part. The Supra provides energy regeneration, and the projectiles are actually a bonus for Mag, who's 2 synergizes well with the added projectile chopping peeps in her bubble. It was actually rate by bromize as one of the top ten weapons in the game.

Best weapons in the game vary greatly depending rivens or non rivens build. Everything you listed so far would be meta without rivens.

But with rivens you would see much more shotguns in the primary. They do crazy stuff with their multi shells at high status. Secondary would include high status weapons as well, but not change much.

Melee would have the gram prime as best with status weapons being worth a good look.

Il y a 18 heures, (NSW)TeddyTalks a dit :

Also wrong on his part. The Supra provides energy regeneration, and the projectiles are actually a bonus for Mag, who's 2 synergizes well with the added projectile chopping peeps in her bubble. It was actually rate by bromize as one of the top ten weapons in the game.

Supra is top tier if more energy is your priority you're right. Synoid Gammacor or Simulor also do the trick though, and they're quite decent weapons too.

Il y a 18 heures, (NSW)TeddyTalks a dit :

But with rivens you would see much more shotguns in the primary. They do crazy stuff with their multi shells at high status. Secondary would include high status weapons as well, but not change much.

Best primary for a starter would definitely be the Kohm, especially with a riven. With enough rate of fire it's one of the deadliest weapon around, 100% status or not. MR 5 only makes this shotgun one of the most interesting to enhance since it scales pretty well with endgame content.