Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaccessible airborne mobility option

(PSN)TeQxNeireau

Hey DE and fellow Tenno!

This is my first time visiting the forums to file a bug report, non of the catagaries truly match my issue but since it limits my performance I’ve put it here.

I’ve encountered a bug regarding advanced movement in the air, specifically the air roll. For years I’ve used what I will call the “extension roll”, since a recent update this seems not possible anymore.

To start off I’ll go over the different mobility options, in all examples I assume the player keeps the left stick pressed forward:

1) Bulletjump (L1 + X), I assume we’re all femiliar with the Bulletjump, it launches your Warframe in the direction of your crosshair with a minor boost in momentum. (I’ve encountered a separate issue with this move when looking downwards but that’s a different issue)

2) Air Roll (L1 while in the air), another move we all should be familiar with, possible after both regular and bulletjump, it allows your Warframe to roll in the air but does not add momentum to your Warframe. The last bit is important, you cannot extend your jump with it since your Warframe will roll towards the ground.

3) Double Jump (X while in the air), the last bread and butter move available to our Warframe, it’s a second jump in the air, it adds a bit of extra height to your jump and your Warframe will perform a forward flip but it does not add momentum. You can extend your jump with it somewhat due to the added height.

4) Extension Roll (L1 + X after Bulletjump), this is what I consider a advanced move since it is not something I see most players utilize and is the maneuver I’m having issues with. It used to allow you to extend your jump significantly. After a Bulletjump I’d input L1 + X again and my Warframe would roll foreward without going towards the ground and it would add to my forward momentum.

After extensively testing to see if the move is still available here’s some of the things I’ve noticed:

a) The Extension Roll basically seems to be a combination of the Double Jump and Air Roll, the way I see it Double Jump add upward momentum, Air Roll adds forward momentum but is angled downward. The Extension Roll combines both properties, the up- and downward momentum canceling each other out and your left with a massive forward roll. Take this with a grain off salt obviously but I’m starting to think the maneuver might have been a unintentional one.

b) You can still somewhat perform the move in the current build but the timing/performances is finicky. There are two ways: the consistent way to do it is to Bulletjump and wait till the animation is completely finished before inputting a Air Roll followed by a Double Jump, while this method is consistent it has the downside of buffering your last input (the second jump) which will result in your Warframe either performing a Double Jump after the Extension Roll and thus killing your momentum or if your near a wall your Warframe will Walljump. The second way of doing it is very, and I mean very, inconsistent. Basically you Bulletjump and afterwards input L1, L1 + X. At first I figured this was not a separate way of performing the move and it’s just the same as waiting for the animation to end but it is not since if, again big if, your Warframe performes the Extension Roll it won’t perform the Double Jump afterwards.

I think this covers everything, if I think of something to add I’ll update this post. I’d love for you guys to add the maneuver back to our disposal but if it actually was unintentional and will not be added back in I’d at least like to know. Ever since it’s dissepearance I feel handicapped in my movement and somehow movement seems significantly slower. One of the aspects I really enjoyed was the skill involved in gauging when to use it and when not since you could easily miss the hallway you where aiming for. Should it have been a unintentional side effect of inputting both jump and roll I petition to add it in the game intentionally. To me it seems like a perfect fit: X for Double Jump (you go up), L1 to roll (you go down) and L1 + X for jump extension (you go forward). 

Thanks you for your time, Neireau.

PS. I would add a video of how it used to work but I don’t have any saved footage, if it helps I’m willing to record some now but I won’t be able to display the move to its former glory since it’s only somewhat available.

PSS. Also English is not my first language, I tried my very best to write a cohesive wall of text and think of a title but feel free to edit if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this all the time, I could never work out if it was relatively unknown or common place amongst more advanced players. What I do know is, it frequently allowed me to catch up and overtake players the majority of the time if needed. The only downside was you had to be mindful of the fact it cancelled a reload. Now all my timing and in-game spacial awareness feels off, it really does feel a lot slower and cumbersome. I used to L1 then X within a split second to bullet jump (a bit like spin to win), then just after the apex I would repeat it twice in very close succession. This would result in a kind of flick and a boosted second jump. I was testing things on the plains before a read this and found exactly the same thing. You can bullet jump then wait, then L1 to initial a roll and quickly try to interrupt it. It's messy and inconsistent. I'm sure it's related to a tweak they've made to the roll and I very much hope they reverse it (or roll it back ha!). Thanks for writing this as I was beginning to doubt myself.

Xen0

p.s. Your English is excellent.