Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free recording software?

ThumpumGood

Question

13 answers to this question

I use OBS personally, pretty easy to use, especially given I have absolutely no idea how to make videos and yet still manage to do so somehow. Unsure if it comes with the ability to snip, probably does, like I said, no idea what I'm doing.

Edited by DeMonkey

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I use OBS personally, pretty easy to use, especially given I have absolutely no idea how to make videos and yet still manage to do so somehow. Unsure if it comes with the ability to snip, probably does, like I said, no idea what I'm doing.

You can define the area it should record, so it only takes a specific portion of the screen or of a application.

6 minutes ago, Nova-XI said:

You can define the area it should record, so it only takes a specific portion of the screen or of a application.

Snip as in, to take a snippet of the recording as opposed to the entire recording.

I believe that's what OP is asking anyway.

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Snip as in, to take a snippet of the recording as opposed to the entire recording.

obs cant cut a recorded video (from what im aware of), you need a separate program for that.

ALT + Z
if you have Nvidia Graphic Card.

you could also enable the 5 minutes. highlight thing i forgot what it called
basically it you can save a video of the last 5 minutes that you do 
EDIT: it called Instant Replay
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/

Just pulled off an amazing stunt? ShadowPlay’s DVR-style Instant Replay mode already recorded it! Just hit a hotkey to save the last 30 seconds of gameplay to your hard drive or share to YouTube or Facebook. It works as game recording software to manually record gameplay videos for as long as you want—all at up to 4K at 60 frames per second. And ShadowPlay is hardware accelerated, so you can leave it running in the background without worrying about video capture impacting your performance.

Edited by HEA-Devazone

windows key + G opens the window game bar and you can record clips, you can also set up dvr mode which records the last 2 minutes of everything in a loop and when you hit record that it saves the last two minutes from have point back into history.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

You dont need to have xbox live but you can then upload them to xbox live and share them from there, you can then use xboxdvr.com and search for your live username and share the clips using that page.

all of this is free and already built into windows 10

57 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

i quite like Avidemux for Muxing, since it's simple and gets the job done.
quick overview of how to use it:

6UAHmKn.png

• 1: you'll have to make sure that your Output Format, is the same as your input Format. i.e. the same as what the Video you already created is. just read it off the Properties, Et Cetera.
    this is important because you would have to Transcode it if you wanted to change Formats, which obviously defeats the purpose of splitting.
  • 2: set a point A and point B to split from. it'll place the cut based on where you currently are in the video.
  • 3: the blue box on the timeline shows you what range you currently have selected for splitting.
  • 4: save it. or use the Shortcut, whatever. it'll split the selected area out as a different File, no Transcoding.

i think the OP just wanted to get a Screenshot out of a Video, which you can just do by watching it at 1:1 Resolution and taking a screenshot of it.