Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when is this gonna end?

Oriviagene

been playing for a long time now and i've seen warframe changed so much,but there's 1 annoying thing that never....never changes in wave based mission afaik, and that's last second leaver. Is there any way to fix this problem DE?

i've got a suggestion here...

how about making ur choice locked when u click on either extract or battle with a confirmation panel after clicking if necessary to make sure u don't accidentally pick unwanted choice, and maybe delete the timer as well(after all,it's the main reason why these guys "changes their mind" when the countdown reach 1), so everyone has to make a choice and the mission won't proceed as long as someone stays afk.

or maybe someone have a better suggestion for this problem?

3 times happens on hydron today and its kinda annoy me so much.

This has been done to death.

There are numerous reasons for someone to leave at the last second and DE can't, nor shouldn't, punish nor create a system that is harsh on players that do this. 

5 minutes ago, Godhands said:

how about making ur choice locked when u click on either extract or battle with a confirmation panel after clicking if necessary to make sure u don't accidentally pick unwanted choice, and maybe delete the timer as well(after all,it's the main reason why these guys "changes their mind" when the countdown reach 1), so everyone has to make a choice and the mission won't proceed as long as someone stays afk.

Making the continuation of the mission conditional on everyone voting is kind of an awful idea.  If someone is AFK, then the entire team is held hostage until that person comes back.  It just gives 1 player the ability to troll the Hek out of everyone else.

The best thing you can do is form your own team.  While this doesn't eliminate what you're talking about, it does reduce it.

Edited by MagPrime
Words are hard without caffeine
  • Like 10

There is no system DE can implement to prevent people from playing how they want. Just because someone leaves last second doesn't make them malicious. If the timer reset, people would abuse that. If the timer were to be deleted, people would complain when they mis-click. If you want to go a desired length in endurance, form a squad in recruitment chat for that time.

• Like 4

everything else has already been said, so i'll only leave with - in this game of infinite Stats, don't rely on random Players and be capable of continuing playing even if you lose a Player(s). we can, and when playing with strangers, also makes sense.

8 hours ago, Godhands said:

or maybe someone have a better suggestion for this problem?

If you locked people to their choices and removed the timer, it would just penalize the people who pick first and would create the same result. Player A picks continue, B chooses to leave, C and D follows suit, and the main difference is Player A gets to sit and stare as C and D makes their choice. Ultimately, the safest choice would be to be the last person to pick so you will just see people withhold their decisions to the end of the timer. Without any timer, well, good luck waiting for 10 years because of one person.

The only semi-useful choice would be to prompt players if they wish to continue whenever a person leaves so the last person can only be stuck in the match for another 5 waves on his own accord. It wouldn't stop the cascading leaving though.

6 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

I hope they can make it so, that people can join after the 5x Waves

While this would be nice and easy to implement, it will probably never happen: it creates a fast track to late rotation rewards that would most likely be abused in one way or another.

2 minutes ago, ebrl said:

While this would be nice and easy to implement, it will probably never happen: it creates a fast track to late rotation rewards that would most likely be abused in one way or another.

They can already do differing rewards for each player though.  IF, a big if, they considered allowing someone to join when there was an opening in later waves, they could implement that.

Which, personally, I would really enjoy.  I could jump into a W15 Defense, enjoy starting off at the increased levels, but I would start at my own Rot A while everyone else is on Rot C. 

il y a 3 minutes, (XB1)Cubic Clem a dit :

I really don't like that idea.. 

I agree. 

Il y a 5 heures, MagPrime a dit :

They can already do differing rewards for each player though.  IF, a big if, they considered allowing someone to join when there was an opening in later waves, they could implement that.

Which, personally, I would really enjoy.  I could jump into a W15 Defense, enjoy starting off at the increased levels, but I would start at my own Rot A while everyone else is on Rot C. 

While in theory this would create a better matchmaking flow, in practice what happens if you land at 15 waves for instance? Most groups will leave at 20. I think it would severely exacerbate the problem of pugs not going a full rotation in endless missions tbh. 

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

I agree. 

While in theory this would create a better matchmaking flow, in practice what happens if you land at 15 waves for instance? Most groups will leave at 20. I think it would severely exacerbate the problem of pugs not going a full rotation in endless missions tbh. 

The idea is replacing players who leave with new ones, so when people drop at 20, be it 1, 2 or 3, then those team slots would simply open up for someone else to join, keeping the wave count and enemy level but bringing in a fresh player. 

• Like 2

It's not so hard to create a system similar to the trade system, the problem is DE is too busy to release new frames and weapons...

And cmon, every time i lose 1 minute waiting someone finding the extraction or searching his wallet and you have few seconds to choose...

Anyway recently this problem is less frequent, in return you see a lot of leechers and or players uninterested  to complete a mission.

Edited by bibmobello

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The idea is replacing players who leave with new ones, so when people drop at 20, be it 1, 2 or 3, then those team slots would simply open up for someone else to join, keeping the wave count and enemy level but bringing in a fresh player. 

Wait, wut !? So I am in a 4-man squad and we got to wave 60. I wanna continue, but 3 members have to go. So they leave and 3 slots open up for new players.

Now this mr5 who just turned on the game, wanting to do some quick affinity farm, joins my wave 60 Hydron instance. And another mr7 and mr9 did the same thing.

This is a problem.

Edited by EREN_JAEGER_R

3 minutes ago, EREN_JAEGER_R said:

Wait, wut !? So I am in a 4-man squad and we got to wave 60. I wanna continue, but 3 members have to go. So they leave and 3 slots open up for new players.

Now this mr5 who just turned on the game, wanting to do some quick affinity farm, joins my wave 60 Hydron instance. And another mr7 and mr9 did the same thing.

This is a problem.

Just remove revives and people will think twice to do that... Too many people using frames without health and armor mods, only strength because someone will revive them 100 times in one minute...

Edited by bibmobello

4 minutes ago, EREN_JAEGER_R said:

This is a problem.

I give up, forget this. 

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Just remove revives and people will think twice to do that... Too many people using frames without health and armor mods, only strength because someone will revive them 100 times in one minute...

Think twice about what? How does this mr5 know if he's joining a brand new wave game or joining a wave 60?

5 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Problem with that is players don't have control over what level/depth of mission they are jumping into. Someone could be looking for a level 30-40 node challenge, and wind up popping into that 2 hour run that's been constantly trading players with 200+ enemies and just be overwhelmed leading to a negative experience. 

That said I frankly don't think the issue is a deal breaker so long as some minimizations are made at the least so people are vaguely aware of the tiers of difficulty they are jumping into, and in that regard the solution would be to tie it to a difficulty system like DE seems to be mulling over at the moment to introduce more difficult content. Instead of all missions just being a single tier, they can make several or more tiers of difficulty, adjust rewards/rotations to reflect said increased difficulty (percentiles/rotation tiers and not new rewards entirely as that may be too far) and then create level ranges for each one, potentially with upward limits on the lower tiers, so less experienced players can at least have a grip on what they are attempting to do. 

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Problem with that is players don't have control over what level/depth of mission they are jumping into. Someone could be looking for a level 30-40 node challenge, and wind up popping into that 2 hour run that's been constantly trading players with 200+ enemies and just be overwhelmed leading to a negative experience. 

That said I frankly don't think the issue is a deal breaker so long as some minimizations are made at the least so people are vaguely aware of the tiers of difficulty they are jumping into, and in that regard the solution would be to tie it to a difficulty system like DE seems to be mulling over at the moment to introduce more difficult content. Instead of all missions just being a single tier, they can make several or more tiers of difficulty, adjust rewards/rotations to reflect said increased difficulty (percentiles/rotation tiers and not new rewards entirely as that may be too far) and then create level ranges for each one, potentially with upward limits on the lower tiers, so less experienced players can at least have a grip on what they are attempting to do. 

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Still no, especially when rewards aren't synchronized and all mixed up.. 

I'd personally hate to join a match on hydron for example in wave 9, 14 or 19 to do one round and then have to extract, and on top of that I get a rot a reward.. oof

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I give up, forget this. 

16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just extend the countdown (once) by like 5 seconds if someone switches to Extract with 5 seconds or less remaining.

Think about how this can be abused. 

Lets say you have someone who isn’t indecisive but just want to be annoying. They switch at the last second, extending the timer by 5 seconds, then they switch back, extending it by another 5 seconds and so on...

So lets say theres a maximum of 3 extensions. You just get the same problem you originally had after the 3rd extension. You also make the extraction system a convoluted mess.

You cant fix player behaviour with a change to the system as long as players are trying to counteract the system.

Edited by Senguash
Clarification
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Think about how this can be abused. 

Lets say you have someone who isn’t indecisive but just want to be annoying. They switch at the last second, extending the timer by 5 seconds, then they switch back, extending it by another 5 seconds and so on...

I mean, I kinda did put a one-time limit on it in my suggestion there.

22 minutes ago, Senguash said:

You just get the same problem you originally had after the [...] extension.

It's not a perfect solution of course, but you'd at least have time to react to a jerk move.

And, if you're dealing with someone who's shown they can't be trusted, why would you then trust them after the extension?
It's a completely different situation now, the problem is solved, and everyone extracts safely. That's a big win in my book.

Edited by NinjaZeku