Godhands

when is this gonna end?

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Problem with that is players don't have control over what level/depth of mission they are jumping into. Someone could be looking for a level 30-40 node challenge, and wind up popping into that 2 hour run that's been constantly trading players with 200+ enemies and just be overwhelmed leading to a negative experience. 

That said I frankly don't think the issue is a deal breaker so long as some minimizations are made at the least so people are vaguely aware of the tiers of difficulty they are jumping into, and in that regard the solution would be to tie it to a difficulty system like DE seems to be mulling over at the moment to introduce more difficult content. Instead of all missions just being a single tier, they can make several or more tiers of difficulty, adjust rewards/rotations to reflect said increased difficulty (percentiles/rotation tiers and not new rewards entirely as that may be too far) and then create level ranges for each one, potentially with upward limits on the lower tiers, so less experienced players can at least have a grip on what they are attempting to do. 

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Still no, especially when rewards aren't synchronized and all mixed up.. 

I'd personally hate to join a match on hydron for example in wave 9, 14 or 19 to do one round and then have to extract, and on top of that I get a rot a reward.. oof

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I give up, forget this. 

16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just extend the countdown (once) by like 5 seconds if someone switches to Extract with 5 seconds or less remaining.

Think about how this can be abused. 

Lets say you have someone who isn’t indecisive but just want to be annoying. They switch at the last second, extending the timer by 5 seconds, then they switch back, extending it by another 5 seconds and so on...

So lets say theres a maximum of 3 extensions. You just get the same problem you originally had after the 3rd extension. You also make the extraction system a convoluted mess.

You cant fix player behaviour with a change to the system as long as players are trying to counteract the system.

Edited by Senguash
Clarification
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Think about how this can be abused. 

Lets say you have someone who isn’t indecisive but just want to be annoying. They switch at the last second, extending the timer by 5 seconds, then they switch back, extending it by another 5 seconds and so on...

I mean, I kinda did put a one-time limit on it in my suggestion there.

22 minutes ago, Senguash said:

You just get the same problem you originally had after the [...] extension.

It's not a perfect solution of course, but you'd at least have time to react to a jerk move.

And, if you're dealing with someone who's shown they can't be trusted, why would you then trust them after the extension?
It's a completely different situation now, the problem is solved, and everyone extracts safely. That's a big win in my book.

Edited by NinjaZeku

vor 18 Stunden schrieb MagPrime:

This has been done to death.

There are numerous reasons for someone to leave at the last second and DE can't, nor shouldn't, punish nor create a system that is harsh on players that do this. 

So they're harsh to players who want to continue and end up playing alone? There's not one single reason to vote to go on, wait 9 seconds and leave at the last possible moment. It's mostly common that player 1 and 2 want to leave, 3 and 4 want to continue They deside straight after the voting screen pops in. Seconds are passing by and a millisecond before the host migration you see that one blurred white thing swapping to the left. It wouldn't even come to my mind to do this. It's simply asocial.

Zitat

The best thing you can do is form your own team.  While this doesn't eliminate what you're talking about, it does reduce it.

This has been done to death. If you try to form a team for every mission you want to play, you will end up sitting in the chat for about 90% of your time.

37 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

This has been done to death. If you try to form a team for every mission you want to play, you will end up sitting in the chat for about 90% of your time.

Well if you want to do a long mission then this shouldn't be too bad. Only if you want to play shorty missions this could be a hassle.

Does it really matter?

If you want to do 2 hour long endless mission, I'd assume you already teamed up with clanmembers, friends or players who agreed with you to go that long. 

Otherwise, we're talking what? 10-20 minutes wasted. I take dumps that last longer than that, it's hardly a great loss. Certainly not worth a new "system".

• Applause 1