Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Lilac, The Violet Rogue.

(XBOX)AD Exceed

Besides Ivara, who is made after Robin Hood, (Which I only recently found out...) Is there a warframe who really is a "Rogue"? No? Well here you could see what it would be like if there were a rogue. Preface: All range numbers in this concept are diameter based, not radius.

This is Lilac, The Violet Rogue. She is a bit shorter than most frames (a couple inches, nothing big) and slender, with an "always ready" resting stance. She carries a special, exalted pair of twin daggers called "Pain and Suffering" that deal ungodly amounts of damage...with a twist. Having dominion over self movement and with the void to augment her physical prowess, she inundates the battlefield with her presence, almost as if she is everywhere but nowhere. The shadows are her friends and the blood of her enemies is proof of her efficacy and efficiency, her story written in the deep, meticulously-placed cuts and punctured hearts of her opponents. The violence is a means to an end; her end, for she wearies of the fighting; however much she relishes it. Her weapons are an extension of her body and her overcoming cunning. (Sorry, I just decided to run with it...let me know if its any good...) Her special mechanic is the Momentum Meter. It builds when she does melee damage and does not decay; she forgoes her shields for this first layer of defense against damage instead.

Statistics: (Fully Ranked) 
Health: 500
Shields: None, but it is the Momentum Meter (Read the passive to find out the meaning of this) 
Armor: 165
Energy: 160
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Passive: Clandestine Approach: Her experience on the dark side of the battlefield grants her these traits. The Momentum Meter is a count that replaces her shields. Her brutality in battle gives her momentum, which is battle instinct evasion of damage. The more ruthless she is (damage she does) the sharper her instincts are and thus the harder it is to hurt her. Momentum is a padding that protects her health. It takes armor into account when protecting the warframe. It is not overly durable, but just durable enough to cover silly mistakes in battle. It has a invincibility gate once it is emptied and if it is emptied quickly, it will ignore all overflow damage and make the warframe invincible for 3 seconds. Momentum can recharge during that invincible state. 

- Sprint is automatically press and hold. Her sprint is an agile dash that gets faster the longer she sprints for. Her speed increases once every 3 seconds of continuous sprinting, but increases ground friction, helping her keep control. Can only increase 4 times in total, and the amount per increase is determined by warframe rank. Starts at +8% and can go as high as +38%. Cannot be increased by other warframe abilities, but Rush will work. (If you feel like you need that kind of speed...)

- Crouching will put her in stealth, which here means that she will go invisible, and will persist for no longer than 10 seconds (Static) as the crouch-walk is maintained. Any action that is not regular movement will break stealth (no parkour, or attacking. Also no abilities). Entering stealth has a 3 second cooldown.

- Attack range with dual daggers +40%. Use melee alt-fire to lock on to an enemy. If the enemy is within 16m, Lilac can lunge toward the enemy and start her combo.

Death's Metal: Disappear in a quick puff of smoke and appear behind Lilac's targeted enemy, briefly manifesting and sinking both Pain and Suffering into their backs. Once this hit connects, repeatedly tap to continue a short, 6 hit combo of exalted slashes and stabs that leaves the enemy debilitated. At the end, the assaulted enemy will be marked. This mark terrifies the enemy every time they have line of sight to Lilac. The closer she is to them, the longer the effect lasts. The number of enemies that are killed by this ability is kept track of and the player can press and hold to use this ability's secondary trait, Bloodshed Invigorate. The number of enemies killed will be divided by 4. The new number will be halved and both of those halves will be multiplied by the current health and energy numbers respectively, then that new number will be the energy and health numbers at the end. (Kill 6 enemies. 6/4=1.5 Lilac has 50 energy left and 150 health left. That would be 1.5x150 =225. Health would increase until it is that number. 50x1.5=75 energy. Energy will increase until it is that number. Pretty simple, right?)

- Damage: 400 (Initial Stab) 200 (Every subsequent hit) 
- Range: 30m

Parallel Steel: Create a phantom clone of Lilac that moves in the opposite direction of her, taunting enemies and drawing aggro while she's at it. As she is phantom, she cannot absorb damage for the real Lilac, just take the attention off of her. When the clone expires, she will throw several pathogen-coated knives at multiple enemies which do not much damage, but forces a viral status on them, then vanish.
Duration: (Clone) 11 seconds.
Damage: 4% total enemy hp per knife. One knife per enemy.

Blight's Bite: Throw toxin-coated knives at a speed that gets faster with power strength and warframe rank. These knives do both slash and toxin damage. If one enemy takes too many knives, their toxin proc will become a viral proc. This will happen after about 6 knives. The knives are thrown one after the other, but the throw speed can be increased as well as the damage. The amount of knives Lilac can throw depends on how much energy she has to spare. However, the lock on alt-fire can be used to ensure no knives are wasted.
Range: 30 meters
Damage: 300 per knife (150 slash, 150 Toxin)
Throw Speed: 2 per second

Hidden Shinigami: Your exalted twin daggers, Pain and Suffering are the left and right hands of death itself, and you are but its Apathetic Ambassador. Pain and Suffering have a special stance mod for them exclusively. These daggers individually have certain perks about them as well. Both daggers are made from pure energy and are bugger-all sharp. These daggers can cut through metal, reducing enemy armor with every strike by 9% per strike.

- Pain has a pommel chain that allows Lilac to wield it at mid range by swinging it like a whip or flail. Lilac can also use it as a grappling hook, not to pull enemies to her, but to pull herself to enemies from a great distance away, so that she may begin the bloodshed. Use alt-fire while the ability is active to use the grappling hook. The flailing will be built into the combos.
Range: 40 meters

- Suffering is imbued with vast amounts of void energy, allowing Lilac to pick a spot to rush forward to at unfathomable speed, almost teleporting. She can do this without restraint or cooldown, but it does cost a small amount of energy to do. Press and hold the button for this ability to activate. The spot Lilac blurs to depends on where the reticle is aiming, she can even go upwards (These two blades allow Lilac to do to different things but its not like they're separate or anything, I'm just explaining how she can do the things the ability allows her to do. She wields these daggers at the same time always.) 

-- Activating this ability will max out the focus meter, but this has a cooldown of 1 minute.

-- While Hidden Shinigami is active, Lilac will erratically flicker in and out of stealth, but she does this on purpose, as stealth takes too much focus to maintain, but she still wants the benefits of it. Plus it will look friggin' cool.

Twin Dagger Stats: (well, the important ones, anyway.)
- Damage: 300 (150 Slash, 150 Corrosive)
- Attack Speed: 1.35
- Critical Chance: 39%
- Critical Damage: 3.5
- Status Chance: 30%

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

The idea is pretty cool, I say her defensive stats are a bit to high for being a rogue. I think she should have closer to bottom tier in armor for how much mobility and stealth you have in her kit. 

The fear effect on the first ability feels a bit misplaced, you jumped on a target to deal high damage and if somehow the target survived now they are running away. Seems to go against the idea of the high damage power.

your second ability sounds like lokis decoy, which its not bad to have another frame with a similar ability but for the phantom to give viral proc just seems odd. I think a radial blind would make more sense. Like as the phantom breaks apart it refracts lights to blind enemies who are facing it.

for the 3rd ability more would have to be known about like damage numbers, and again the viral proc doesnt work here either if you have slash. Due to slashes damage scaling off max health, by procing viral you make slash be of no consequence on the power. I think a good change would be each dagger should have a 25% status proc to cause both toxic and slash on the target. Have it so if 4 daggers hit the target within a small window it guarantees the proc, with every extra dagger refreshing the status duration and dealing a greater amount of damage to finish the targets.

You seem to want your character to revolve around the passives, so i think the amount of them and the strength they have compared to the okay strength of your abilities does work out.

I say her exalted daggers names are just to edgy to be taken seriously, have them be something poetic, or like silence and peace to have a dark humor spin on it.

i'm just going to guess this isn't finished yet, seeing as there are only 3 abilities, but i'll still give my initial feedback.

passive; 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

- Sprint is automatically press and hold.

already is on PC

32 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

If the enemy is within 16m, Lilac can lunge toward the enemy and start her combo.

I feel this is not really needed due to the first ability already teleporting to them.

1st; 

33 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

The closer she is to them, the longer the effect lasts. T

I'm guessing there's more you have yet to add.

I think that pressing the melee button should continue the combo as well, for ease of use.

2nd; how long does the viral proc last?

3rd; you can just get rid of the viral proc part of this ability as the 2nd already gives guaranteed viral procs; which also incentives the use of the 2nd to be used with this.

So, yeah, seems pretty basic right now, i'll come back again later.

As for the "story" thing at the start, it doesn't make much sense unless she is sentient like umbra, which breaks lore as she isn't an umbra.

27 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

i'm just going to guess this isn't finished yet, seeing as there are only 3 abilities, but i'll still give my initial feedback.

passive; 

already is on PC

I feel this is not really needed due to the first ability already teleporting to them.

1st; 

I'm guessing there's more you have yet to add.

I think that pressing the melee button should continue the combo as well, for ease of use.

2nd; how long does the viral proc last?

3rd; you can just get rid of the viral proc part of this ability as the 2nd already gives guaranteed viral procs; which also incentives the use of the 2nd to be used with this.

So, yeah, seems pretty basic right now, i'll come back again later.

As for the "story" thing at the start, it doesn't make much sense unless she is sentient like umbra, which breaks lore as she isn't an umbra.

I accidentally hit Post topic before I was done. The full concept is up now. I'm a little embarrassed. 

32 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

The idea is pretty cool, I say her defensive stats are a bit to high for being a rogue. I think she should have closer to bottom tier in armor for how much mobility and stealth you have in her kit. 

The fear effect on the first ability feels a bit misplaced, you jumped on a target to deal high damage and if somehow the target survived now they are running away. Seems to go against the idea of the high damage power.

your second ability sounds like lokis decoy, which its not bad to have another frame with a similar ability but for the phantom to give viral proc just seems odd. I think a radial blind would make more sense. Like as the phantom breaks apart it refracts lights to blind enemies who are facing it.

for the 3rd ability more would have to be known about like damage numbers, and again the viral proc doesnt work here either if you have slash. Due to slashes damage scaling off max health, by procing viral you make slash be of no consequence on the power. I think a good change would be each dagger should have a 25% status proc to cause both toxic and slash on the target. Have it so if 4 daggers hit the target within a small window it guarantees the proc, with every extra dagger refreshing the status duration and dealing a greater amount of damage to finish the targets.

You seem to want your character to revolve around the passives, so i think the amount of them and the strength they have compared to the okay strength of your abilities does work out.

I say her exalted daggers names are just to edgy to be taken seriously, have them be something poetic, or like silence and peace to have a dark humor spin on it.

The concept wasn't finished. My hand slid down my laptop and hit Post Topic before I was done... Would you mind taking another look at it, now that it's done?

I very much like the character idea wise, I still think in the broad strokes i stand by my observations about interactions, what i think your character here suffers from the most is actually having a bit to much going on at once. A few of the mechanics would be entirely new assets that are unique to the character which when it comes to powers that is not a problem. But the character has game play changes which would be jarring for many people. Mostly speaking of the lock on mechanic with a lunge and her movement passives are really what would stand away the most in her being adapted to the game. Now of course thats only speaking if you had the intention of wanting that. No matter what her movement would be a bit to different, compared to every other warframe with just the regards to moving around, and with a passive so focus on dual daggers, you pigeon hole the players into taking daggers if they want to make the most use of the passive.

3 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

I very much like the character idea wise, I still think in the broad strokes i stand by my observations about interactions, what i think your character here suffers from the most is actually having a bit to much going on at once. A few of the mechanics would be entirely new assets that are unique to the character which when it comes to powers that is not a problem. But the character has game play changes which would be jarring for many people. Mostly speaking of the lock on mechanic with a lunge and her movement passives are really what would stand away the most in her being adapted to the game. Now of course thats only speaking if you had the intention of wanting that. No matter what her movement would be a bit to different, compared to every other warframe with just the regards to moving around, and with a passive so focus on dual daggers, you pigeon hole the players into taking daggers if they want to make the most use of the passive.

I see where you're coming from. A few things in this kit are very much going to be jarring. But with regards to the dual dagger part of the passive, I took inspiration from Mesa's passive, which is increased dexterity handling pistols both single and dual. Not carrying a melee weapon gives her more health. Case and point, you alter your loadout in a way that makes use of the passive. I even made the dual dagger benefits not that great, just a little extra something... so pigeon-holing would not be a problem. I gave the frame everything a bloodthirsty rogue would need, with a little extra spice...if you know what I'm saying. But how would you have me rein it in? The feedback is important to me and I take it seriously... Thanks for being to the point and civil about it!

6 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

I see where you're coming from. A few things in this kit are very much going to be jarring. But with regards to the dual dagger part of the passive, I took inspiration from Mesa's passive, which is increased dexterity handling pistols both single and dual. Not carrying a melee weapon gives her more health. Case and point, you alter your loadout in a way that makes use of the passive. I even made the dual dagger benefits not that great, just a little extra something... so pigeon-holing would not be a problem. I gave the frame everything a bloodthirsty rogue would need, with a little extra spice...if you know what I'm saying. But how would you have me rein it in? The feedback is important to me and I take it seriously... Thanks for being to the point and civil about it!

You want to paint a clear picture of what you want each power to do and why things work. Like if your spell is doing slash damage and may cause a slash proc then you really dont want it to also have a chance to cause a viral proc.

Mesa passive works because it gives you a few options to get small bonuses. 40% reach and a lunge on daggers is not actually small, daggers need that to be more viable in this game already. People will see that passive and want to maximize it for the most part, mesa passive is more flavor then truly useful.

One option for blights bite would give it a quiver system like ivara or vauban. The base dagger is slash/toxic, so lets say this dagger only costs 15 energy to throw and has a 35% status chance, you could then cycle between 3 other combinations mixing into the poison. When cycled the power now cost 25 energy to cast but has a 50-60% status chance, so a heat,electric,cold mixtures that way every mission or even during you can change on the fly if you are throwing slash/toxic, slash/corrosive, slash/gas, slash/viral. It would open up more options and clever thinking on the players part for what is best. This will also keep the viral in the kit because at this point you are throwing the dart specifically for the hopes of getting the viral proc and the weak slash would just be a bonus in that situation.

There is many ways you could adjust your character, I recommend taking a step back and try your best to apply a non bias view of your design and see what each power is saying and trying to do. To make sure things dont conflict. You want to be the clever rogue, so find how to make it so when someone is playing the character they will feel like it.

3 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

You want to paint a clear picture of what you want each power to do and why things work. Like if your spell is doing slash damage and may cause a slash proc then you really dont want it to also have a chance to cause a viral proc.

Mesa passive works because it gives you a few options to get small bonuses. 40% reach and a lunge on daggers is not actually small, daggers need that to be more viable in this game already. People will see that passive and want to maximize it for the most part, mesa passive is more flavor then truly useful.

One option for blights bite would give it a quiver system like ivara or vauban. The base dagger is slash/toxic, so lets say this dagger only costs 15 energy to throw and has a 35% status chance, you could then cycle between 3 other combinations mixing into the poison. When cycled the power now cost 25 energy to cast but has a 50-60% status chance, so a heat,electric,cold mixtures that way every mission or even during you can change on the fly if you are throwing slash/toxic, slash/corrosive, slash/gas, slash/viral. It would open up more options and clever thinking on the players part for what is best. This will also keep the viral in the kit because at this point you are throwing the dart specifically for the hopes of getting the viral proc and the weak slash would just be a bonus in that situation.

There is many ways you could adjust your character, I recommend taking a step back and try your best to apply a non bias view of your design and see what each power is saying and trying to do. To make sure things dont conflict. You want to be the clever rogue, so find how to make it so when someone is playing the character they will feel like it.

That's not a bad idea... You're right, i just got done writing this, so I'm still kind of biased toward it. I'll sleep on it tonight and revisit it tomorrow, taking your ideas into account. Thanks for the great idea!