Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

daikyu

Bodvar_Brown

hi i am a bow user i think the daikyu should have a buff why when i use it on like level 40-50 grineer with corrosive on it it douse not even 2 shot them so i really think it should be buffed and it just not cutting the edge for a big bow and it is spose to replesent the long bow and it not getting that damege thanks

Daikyu used to be a DPS bow, which means its useless at higher levels, currently, the two main ways to get decent DPS are crits, and status, the Daikyu has 50% status and 20% crit, so build it to take advantage of it and have multiple dual stat status mods and crit multipliers, which will add together, if I was building it, I would focus on Corrosive and Viral, with a status chance that high, you should be able to activate status every hit, which means armour stripping, you should also get a guaranteed crit on headshots, which would double or possibly quadruple your damage. Spring loaded broadhead is a Daikyu-exclusive mod that increases damage with range, but it's mostly useless (only 40%), instead, do a hybrid crit status build, as the Daikyu has respectable stats in both crit and status, together, it should scale properly.

1 hour ago, joshua38303704 said:

look at the dread the dread has 50% crit and realy fast rate of fire were the daikyu has the same but in statuse but a long draw back speed so it needs a buff for those high level solders

More than likely the problem is with your build.  I can one-shot level 100 Heavy Gunners with my Daikyu on Headshots. This is either from getting a crit and/or causing massive bleed damage. 

what build are you useing then

On 2019-02-19 at 12:54 PM, DatDarkOne said:

More than likely the problem is with your build.  I can one-shot level 100 Heavy Gunners with my Daikyu on Headshots. This is either from getting a crit and/or causing massive bleed damage. 

Edited by Bodvar_Brown
rong post

4 hours ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

what build are you useing then

It would be easier if you posted the build you have.  Then we can see which mods need to be replaced.  

edit: Also, don't expect the Daikyu to crit often as it's a status bow.  It can crit often with either a adarza kavat or riven.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

20 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

It would be easier if you posted the build you have.  Then we can see which mods need to be replaced.  

edit: Also, don't expect the Daikyu to crit often as it's a status bow.  It can crit often with either a adarza kavat or riven.  

i have this build

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Daikyu/t_30_23233000_128-7-3-129-5-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-141-6-5-192-4-5-534-1-5-607-2-5_137-7-534-6-607-8-133-6-192-5-129-9-141-11-128-7_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-72 

8 hours ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

Ok.  I see 3 mods that you can drop for almost anything else.  Crash Course, Rupture, and Sawtooth Clip are doing nothing for your damage output.  In their place you can slot in Split Chamber and Speed Trigger.  Split Chamber for the multishot and Speed Trigger for faster charging.  The last slot you can use for a riven and/or Point Strike for more crit chance.  

edit: Here is my build for the Daikyu that I use currently.  I'm posting it only as an example and not as a "must do".  Speed Trigger is the mod hidden by the riven.  

fV7yIc3.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne

3 minutes ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

OK THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT WHAT THE POINT OF POINT STRIKE IF IT DOUSE NOT 100% CRIT

the point of Point Strike is the same as it's always been.  That is to increase the chance of criticals.  If you are already at 100% crit chance, then you really don't need Point Strike.  You would need more Crit damage in that case to better utilize the crits that you are already getting.  

edit:  the Daikyu is a status bow, but that doesn't mean you can't add more crit chance to it so that it has a better chance of crit'ing more often. I combine that crit chance with the crit buff of the Adarza to reliably reach 100% chance so that the Daikyu's massive base damage get's multiplied into massive crit damage. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

OK SO WITH THE DAIKYU I HAVE A NEW BUILD WITH 100 STATS AND I CANT GET THE CRIT TO 100 % WITHOUT RIVIN SO WHY DONT THAY BUFF THE CRIT TO LIKE 38%MIN I NEED THIS TO WORK YOU KNOW

Because if DE buffed the Daikyu any more it would easily overshadow all the other bows in the game.  Even the Dread and Rakta Cernos.  They just aren't going to do that especially when there is a very good chance that the Daikyu Prime could be coming out this year with Ivara.  

1 minute ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

AND DOUSE HEVEY CALIBER AFFECT ZOOM

Heavy Caliber effects accuracy.  So much so on bows that you can completely miss what you are aiming at.  In simple terms, the trade off just isn't worth it on bows in general.