Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix the weapon swap when using Archguns on Profit Taker Orbs

llls1cKb0ylll

What the title say, fix the weapons swaping when you have an archgun deployed, I usually have to press F several times and even then it doesn't work or I have to press the archgun deployer in gear which sometimes ends in a reset of the timer.

Oh and you could make the deployer faster, I'm tired of getting killed while waiting for the archgun to deploy and well remove the timer as well on the fight.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

What the title say, fix the weapons swaping when you have an archgun deployed, I usually have to press F several times and even then it doesn't work or I have to press the archgun deployer in gear which sometimes ends in a reset of the timer.

You might want to give some more information.
If I play solo, I never have any of these problems. In lobbies with good hosts it's the same, still no problem.
As soon as I run the mission with a bad hosts, the problems will start...

hace 41 minutos, RX-3DR dijo:

Why not stop trying to deploy your Archgun in dangerous situations if you don't want to die while doing so?

Well fighting orbs is a pretty dangerous situation with tons of mobs shootign at you, even when I void dash away to deploy it, sometimes I get insta killed as soon as i get back to the fight and I'm using magus elevate r3, arcane guardian r3 and arcane nullifier r3 with 348% strength cold chroma.

It shouldn't take 10 seconds to deploy anyway, or at least be invencible while deploying it imo.

Honestly, I think Archguns in general are a tiny bit weaksauce on a land frame. 

Don't get me wrong; they can dish out the damage; but a limited, non-recharging, non-replaceable ammo supply and a 5 minute cooldown? Eh. You can likely get just as good results with your normal weaponry.

I ENJOY using Archguns sometimes, but they really are more of a gimmick than anything else.

Just now, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Oh ok. yea I have maxed all schools and pool but naramon and yea I thought protective dash only worked on allies for what the description says, now I see you can dash to your frame and heal it which seems pretty good, gonna try it on next runs, I mostly use madurai so had no idea.

Last time i forget to have madurai instead of vazarin i died and i quit...:kiss:

hace 6 minutos, Ryusuta dijo:

Honestly, I think Archguns in general are a tiny bit weaksauce on a land frame. 

Don't get me wrong; they can dish out the damage; but a limited, non-recharging, non-replaceable ammo supply and a 5 minute cooldown? Eh. You can likely get just as good results with your normal weaponry.

I ENJOY using Archguns sometimes, but they really are more of a gimmick than anything else.

You have to use em on profit taker orbs to take down their limbs and health, normal weapons don't work. I don't really care for em other than there, they can be pretty good if formaed and well moded but yea kinda gimmick, they should be way more powerfull compared to normal weapons imo, I have 4 forma on my imperator vandal with maxed mods and sabot rounds + critical focus and still feels kinda weak against normal mobs tbh, on archwing missions it shreds anything in seconds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

You have to use em on profit taker orbs to take down their limbs and health, normal weapons don't work. I don't really care for em other than there, they can be pretty good if formaed and well moded but yea kinda gimmick, they should be way more powerfull compared to normal weapons imo, I have 4 forma on my imperator vandal with maxed mods and sabot rounds + critical focus and still feels kinda weak against normal mobs tbh, on archwing missions it shreds anything in seconds.

Well said. Agreed.

Strategy aside, which is not really the point here, the first part of the complaint I get and agree with: Archgun deployment simply does not work in many cases. Perhaps it has something to do with host stability, ping or the general chaos that's going on in the area in that particular moment. Selecting it often takes several attempts, and I've had cases of runs where it didn't work at all (and yes, in plenty of cases it worked on the first attempt too). In general, this is not really acceptable.

The second part, about the speed of deployment: I'm not a fan of it either but at least it serves a purpose i.e. the idea that a "special" weapon takes time to land in the hands of the Warframe.

2 minutes ago, puciate said:

DE has already confirmed they are going to change archgun deploy to be on client side so no more crazy lag. 

We just have to wait... 

Great if so, but that's really just the tip of the iceberg. For the amount of time and effort it takes to GET the Archgun, it needed to be a LOT more potent. Like... a LOT more. Like... keeping the passive reload and such.

Edited by Ryusuta

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking of posting this as a separate suggestion, but I might as well put it here:

Remove the Archgun Launcher cooldown entirely and let players summon them back in with partially-recovered ammo. When an Archgun is dismissed, start restoring its ammo over time, then simply summon it back in with whatever ammo it has at the moment the next time the player calls for it.

My Imperator Vandal has 3000 ammo (Ammo Box + Carrier). Currently, if I fire say 1000 rounds and swap out, the weapon is put on a 100-second timer out of a maximum of 300. Once I'm able to call it in again, it reappears with 3000 ammo. I propose that there be no cooldown and for my weapon to recover 100% of its ammo over 5 minutes or ~0.3% per second. That way, I can fire 1000 rounds from my Archgun and unequip it. 20 seconds later, I can try equipping it again, which will succeed and give me an Imperator Vandal with 2200 rounds.

The above suggestion allows players to unequip their Archgun only temporarily, such as when needing to pick up a Battery or scan a Syntehsis Target (or crate), but can re-equip it quickly thereafter. This still preserves the Archgun's use as a "rare" weapon since nothing ever drops ammo for it plus it discourages rapid swapping due to the over-long equip animation. You can still very much use up your Archgun's ammo and end up with an empty weapon for quite some time. However, it allows for the Archgun to be stowed temporarily and doesn't force people into a "use it or lose it" situation. Moreover, it's a better fit for typical Archgun mechanics where ammo regenerates in real time rather than after a fixed duration.

I also feel that this change would make Archguns themselves approachable enough to the point where they might actually be worth using for reasons beyond rule of cool.