Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corrupted Warframe

Archgreed

Story ~ The corrupted warframe

In the hopes that he can improve his own tubemen, Tyl Regor and his crewmen successfully capture a warframe that was still in stasis. Over the course of 2 months, extensive surgery and various experiments are done to it. During its activation it shown devastating and erratic power, but it was regarded as a failure by Grinner scientists due to its tendency to use its own life force to activate its skills. Limiters have been built in to knock the warframe unconscious if it ever reaches critical life support. During its testing fase it was given the task to kill a infested charger. In that fight it was noted that the infested enemies did not attack the warframe at all, even as it was ripping them to shreds. The scientists hypothesized that because the warframe had no linked operator, the infested did not perceive it as a target for infestation. Only eximus variants shown any signs of hostility towards it. During its second test it was instructed to use its duplicating weapon ability; the warframe killed the infested crewmen that was infront of him but managed to damage one of the infested capsules containing the parasitic spores. As it used its ultimate ability, it collapsed after a few seconds due to using too much life energy. The walls surrounding the testing arena started to show signs of infestation, alerting fellow grinner. Violent and unpredictable, the Grinner encased the tenno warframe in a argon mineral pillar, and evacuated the grinner science vessel before the ship was overwhelmed by the infestation. It is unknown what this warframe was originally, being heavily modified by the Tyl Regor's scientists.

#######

Warframe Stats / Increasing per Rank

Health 350 / increasing by 12 every rank [710 at Rank 30]

Shield  20 / increasing by 5 every rank [170 at Rank 30]

Energy  60 / increasing by 2 every rank [120 at Rank 30]

Armor 300 

Run Speed - 0.95 

#######

First Skill - Trigger Stop / 25 energy cost / has cooldown
Small cables protrude from your hand and envelope your secondary firearm.
Aims your secondary weapon and unloads the entire magazine in one shot.
The weapon is overheated and is automatically holstered until the cooldown ends.
[!]You are affected by a small impact proc for 2 seconds after using this skill.

♦Warframe duration/efficiency mods affect this skill

Skill Energy Drain Rank / cooldown

R1 < 25E / 30 sec cooldown
R2 < 23E / 28 sec cooldown
R3 < 21E / 26 sec cooldown
R4 < 19E / 24 sec cooldown

#######

Second Skill - Bullet Eater / costs 30 energy to activate, drains 5 energy every second, skill has a cooldown of 7 seconds
The warframe uses his left arm to generate a forward shield, you are stationary during its activation.[Shield shape similar to that of a Dargyn]
You are unable to use ranged or melee weapons while this skill is active.
Ranged enemies that atack you have their bullets suspended on the shield. [remember that scene in the Matrix?]
When you activate the skill again, your warframe smashes the shield with his right arm, and sends any bulets / shrapnel towards enemies that shot at you. Projectiles caught on the shield have increased multishot by a %

[!]If the damage exceeds a certain amount, the shield explodes and sends your warframe flying backwards
[!]You are affected by magnetize proc for 3 seconds after using this skill

♦Beam weapons / rockets bounce off the shield, not adding to the projectile counter

♦Melee attackers are stunned when hitting the shield

♦Warframe power/efficiency/duration mods affect this skill

♦The Shield has a fixed maximum damage blocking cap that increases per Rank

Skill Energy Drain Rank / multishot

R1 < 30E 7 energy drain/sec  suspended projectiles have 10% increased multishot   Maximum Damage Block 2000  skill cooldown   6 seconds
R2 < 29E 6 energy drain/sec  suspended projectiles have 15% increased multishot   Maximum Damage Block 3200  skill cooldown 5.5 seconds
R3 < 28E 5 energy drain/sec  suspended projectiles have 20% increased multishot   Maximum Damage Block 4500  skill cooldown   5 seconds

#######

Third Skill - Mag Burst / 40 energy cost,skill has a cooldown of 12 seconds
Your warframe smacks his fists together launching a loud, AoE wave around you detonating any ammo mags that are laying around.
Any enemies that are caught in this skills radius have their primary weapons detonate aswel. Melee enemies are staggered.

[!]Only your own ammo pickups get destroyed when this skill is used
[!]You are affected by a blast proc for 4 seconds after using this skill

♦Blast damage does not increase with rank, only power strengh effects it

♦Enemy weapon detonation damage depends on what type of weapon they whield eg.Grinner Shotgunners > Shotgun Mag / Corpus Crewman > Rifle Mags etc.

♦Mags do not detonate as soon as this skill is used; they slowly glow until they turn red and explode, same with held weapons [they explode after 3 seconds]

♦Skill affects only enemies, teammates are unaffected

♦Warframe power/radius/efficiency/duration mods affect this skill

Skill Energy Drain Rank / radius

R1 < 40E / 50 meter skill radius   skill cooldown  12 seconds
R2 < 38E / 60 meter skill radius   skill cooldown  11 seconds
R3 < 36E / 70 meter skill radius   skill cooldown  10 seconds
R4 < 34E / 80 meter skill radius   skill cooldown   9 seconds

♦Shotgun mags    detonation > 300 Blast Damage
♦Rifle mags      detonation > 200 Blast Damage
♦Sniper/Bow mags detonation > 100 Blast Damage
♦Pistol mags     detonation > 85 Blast Damage

#######

Fourth Skill - Shell Rush / 60 energy cost to cast, drains 10 energy/sec
Your warframe makes a mirror copy of your primary weapon in his left hand, dual wielding it.
Warfare walking/running speed is reduced by 50% while this skill is active. Your jump height is also effected.
Parkour skills cannot be used while this skill is active.
Your warframes eyes light up, marking enemies that are cought it its line of sight.
Marked enemies take increased critical damage done by you.
While this skill is active your primary weapons consumes no ammo.
[!]You are affected by a slash proc for 5 seconds after using this skill

♦Your primary weapon total damage is DOUBLED while this skill is active

♦Primary weapon accuracy, rate of fire, multishot, punchthrough, critical chance and or status chance is unaffected

♦When the skill is deactivated, the duplicate weapon is thrown to the ground disintegrating into a cloud of energy

♦The critical damage multiplier effects only primary weapons

♦Warframe power/radius/efficiency mods affect this skill

Skill Energy Drain Rank 

R1 < 60E / 10 energy drain/sec critical damage multiplier increased by   1x / movement penalty is 50%
R2 < 58E / 9.6 energy drain/sec critical damage multiplier increased by 1.2x / movement penalty is 46%
R3 < 56E / 9.2 energy drain/sec critical damage multiplier increased by 1.5x / movement penalty is 42%
R4 < 54E / 8.8 energy drain/sec critical damage multiplier increased by 1.8x / movement penalty is 38%
R5 < 52E / 8.4 energy drain/sec critical damage multiplier increased by 2.1x / movement penalty is 34%

#######

Passive Skills

I.You can use skills even when you have no more energy left; your shield / life will be used at DOUBLE the energy cost instead [eg. if the skill required 30 energy to cast and it drains 5E per second, it will use 60 life or energy shield to cast and will drain 10 life or shield per second]

II.Steam comes out of your warframes wounds, damaging enemies.
The less health you have remaining the more steam comes out of your warframe. 
The steam damages enemies that get too close to you; the damage type depends on your warframes primary weapon energy color [same rules as Chromas passive]

III.If your health goes bellow 20HP during any skill usage, an eletrical shokwave releases around you, stunning YOU and any enemies that are close

#######

Other notes

1.The warframes eyes glow during its steam activation.

2.If your primary weapon is a bow, your warframe points his fists as if they were guns, generating energy arrows that mimic that of a bow.

3.Your warframe pulls the weapons triger in its right hand before shoting the one in its left hand. [to stabilise recoil]

4.The effectiveness of its fourth skill depends on the weapon and its installed mods

5.Ranking up the warframes skills also reduces their energy requirement by a %

6.This frame has a very steep learning curve; you will kill yourself often if you overuse your skills 

7.This is what I imagine a corrupted warframe to be like. Devastating power, but with many drawbacks.

#######

Physical Looks

Short, thin body, skin peeled off from the inside almost like the steam has forced its way out of the warframe body.
The face has 3 eye sockets that light up during skill usage. One on the right side, 2 on the left.

The frame has a distinct asymmetrical features.
Its arms have grinner bolts, tubing and wires enbedded into them, almost like a outer muscle mass. Due to its grinner origin, the arms look out of place compared to the rest of the warframes body. Neck/upper back have the same features.

As it activates its skills, the mechanical parts in its arms move/spin.

While fighting alongside other tenno, if any of them posses grinner style regalia/syandana, he will slowly tilt its head while looking at them, wondering if they are a target >,<

While fighting grinner units, the lower part where there should be its mouth changes shape, almost like its grinning at them O.O

*    [I have no idea what name to give this warframe]
**   [I'm bad at drawing so sorry for not posting any artwork]
***  [It took me two weeks to come up with the story and the warframes skill set]

Stats have been modified accordingly [Feb-19-2019]

Edited by Archgreed

I like the time you put into this.

It reminds me of the warframe I made as a concept but more detailed and unique (if you scroll down the "vintillo" one is mine)

When it comes to concepts,dont rush it (which I know you didnt) take as much time as you need to. Quality is key.

Once you think of a name, you concept will be absolutely well-rounded.

Love your concept tenno

-Itz SwirlZz 

I have to stop you at the stats of health and armor it looks like a valkyr  with better shields and I dont think that is balanced, either you have health and armor or you have shields to take hits or balanced health/shields and low armor. 

the first ability is a one-shot mesa, also afaik no warframe ability has a cooldown so there is a flaw here. But the one shot pistol can be op against bosses.

the second ability is like nyx absorb but is there a limit to the damage that can be absorbed? Also that energy drain 3/s at max and with efficiency you can litteraly stand still for a long time and in sorties you can easily kill enemies by pressing a button which is rediculousy op when you add the multishots, reminds me like octavias mallet the more enemies shoot the more damage you do.

the third ability so loki radial disarm and baruuks second ability in one with pickups blowing up, the damage this can do is just overwhelming, But how it would work will the pickups explode only for you or the whole team cause if its for whole team you may just be a pain as some may need that ammo and its now gone.

the forth ability is just a now, you do insane damage, when you get a weapon like synapse wit ha crit chance riv and have like x7crit mult it will be like having x42 as x21 per weapon and since you have dual weapons it seems like it would be x41 crit mult, I have a 130% crit on my synapse with a riv so I have 30% chance for enhanced crit on a crit and get even more damage, it unacceptable,

The frame needs a lot of rebalancing in all areas such as health, armor, shields,abilities, energy drain on ability, the cast penalty on abilities the proc you take on cast doesnt change much at all honestly and the passive should be 100% more the cost of the ability or 150% more(example: if it costs 40 energy it will cost 80 health/shield or 100 health/shield so you be penalised for no having energy and not be rewarded)

All in all this needs a whole rework, if you think I misunderstood something feel free to point it out

Thanks for the constructive review Lazarow, I will modify the stats accordingly.

Also most warframes abilities have cooldowns: Excalibur's Javelin has a 2 sec cooldown, Titania's Spellbind has a 3 second one aswell, Atlas Petrify skill has a 2 second one and I believe Chroma's Vex Armor has a cooldown too.

They are very short so you don't really notice them, but cooldown surely exist in this game.

And the only name i could come up was Armas or Armis [Latin for armament]