[DE]Danielle

Forum Update (Complete!)

Feb 20th 6:41 PM EDT Update: First phase of the update is done! Forums are online for now but will go back offline to complete. 

Feb 20th 9:14 PM EDT Update: Update has been completed! Thank you for your patience as it took much longer than expected to finish. We'll be monitoring with our infrastructure partners for any issues.

Feb 20th 9:33 PM EDT Update: We're aware of some issues with loading into the Forums directly from the forums.warframe.com link. This may be the result of some final update stages clearing and may take several minutes to load correctly. You can still access the forums from  https://www.warframe.com/ > community > forums. Thank you!

Feb 21st 10:55 AM EDT Update: If you are still experiencing issues with blank pages, try clearing your cache/cookies and refreshing the page! You may have to do this a couple of times before it is resolved. We're still monitoring for any issues, so please let us know if you come across anything odd! Thank you 🙂

Feb 21st 12:30 PM EDT Update: Latest Staff Replies tab has been fixed! 

~~~~~~

Howdy Tenno! 

The Warframe Forums will be going offline for roughly an hour starting today, Wednesday, February 20th @ 6 PM EDT so that our infrastructure partners can undergo an update that will mostly tackle things under the hood (including page loading times). 

However! This update will bring some nifty additions as well:

• New GIF Button - Access the GIPHY library directly from the editor! A GIF button will be available in the editor options and search for that key reaction in a jiffy!
    GIF.PNG
    • Please note: GIFs must abide to the guidelines. Violating them will result in removal of the content and potential warnings. 

• Clan Navigation Organization - Re-arrange your Clan tabs to your liking! Selecting “Manage Clan” drop down will show a new “Reorder Menu” option so that you can shuffle them around.
  • Added option when splitting topics/other content to have the newly created topic/etc be in a Clan.
  • Added tag suggestions from previously used tags as you type.
  • Added a new user notification to be notified when their content is embedded in other content.

When the update is live there may be a slight delay in when certain features will appear, so we appreciate your patience as we adjust!  

Thank you :lotus:

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Update
  • Like 12
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 4

Neat

Im still asking my self when will players be able to change their forum Glyphs independently from the in-game one and have the ones they own in-game listed on the Forums menu for selection? :3

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Still would be nice if PS4 flagged accounts were defaulted to view PS4 flagged clans when they clicked on the listing. XB as well. Since the moderation rules make it hard to advertise your clan, the clan pages could be useful for recruitment, but console users get buried under all the pc clans, most people don't use the filters, so an automatic filter would be nice.

Will clan leaders be able to use all features of the forums after this update? I am restricted from updating a banner or clan info and the Warlord who made it has been inactive for months.

These issues have been present since the beginning and still haven't been addressed.

It would be nice to allow Leaders to have the ability to edit all aspects of a clan on this platform as those players earned their trust from the Founder. I would just like the ability to keep a clan up to date while another member of leadership is busy.

Edited by Cleesus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Neat

Im still asking my self when will players be able to change their forum Glyphs independently from the in-game one and have the ones they own in-game listed on the Forums menu for selection? :3

I don't even see my in-game glyph here .. 😞 

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • New GIF Button - Access the GIPHY library directly from the editor! A GIF button will be available in the editor options and search for that key reaction in a jiffy!

giphy.gif

Update has been completed! Thank you for your patience as it took much longer than expected to finish. We'll be monitoring with our infrastructure partners for any issues.

• Satisfied 1

15 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Update has been completed! Thank you for your patience as it took much longer than expected to finish. We'll be monitoring with our infrastructure partners for any issues.

I don’t know if this relates but I’m having trouble accessing some forum features and tabs, mainly when I try to go for Unread Content tab or my profile. it just leads to a blank page of nothing.  I’m using forums on the phone btw

Edit: loading the notification screen seems to take a long time as well, my net is pretty decent so I don’t think that’s the issue 

Edited by GinKenshin

12 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

happy george costanza GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We're aware of some issues with loading into the Forums directly from the forums.warframe.com link. This may be the result of some final update stages clearing and may take several minutes to load correctly. You can still access the forums from  https://www.warframe.com/ > community > forums. Thank you!

• Like 2

Fun fact: All the issues from this topic are still active.

Can we see things actually begin being fixed?

Don't get me wrong, having the listed changes at the top is still nice, but the issues in the linked topic have existed for AGES now.

I really don't know where else to say this. I already made a topic and sent a message to the community inbox 3 days ago but got no response. I just wanna be able to use my nintendo Switch glyph on the forums...

This is basically my message (I dont wanna rewrite it again and think of a new way to explain it...)

On 2019-02-17 at 11:38 PM, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

Hello. I have both a PC and Nintendo Switch account. But no I didn't migrate. I made an entirely new Switch Warframe account but with the same email address. Now when I log in via entering email and password, my Forum name changes to my PC in game name and glyph. But when I log in via Nintendo Switch account, my forum name changes to my Switch IGN but the glyph still follows the PC one. I'd like to use my Switch account glyph. 

I did make a thread about this but I got no response from anyone. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1056717-question-about-changing-forum-glyphs-pc-and-switch-account-share-the-same-forum-account/?page=0#comment-10486057

Wow it’s a lot faster and smoother now. It used to be extremely slow for me and sometimes pages wouldn’t even load, I would get a server stopped responding message but not anymore. Good job! I just wish you guys would change (NSW) to (NS) or (Switch). Not really a big deal I know but NSW doesn’t make sense and I always read it as New South Wales. 

Edit: Nevermind, I spoke too soon. It’s still extremely slow sometimes. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

aparna nancherla thumbs up GIF by bubly

Activity -> Unread Content stopped working for me altogether. The button just drops me into a completely empty page (view source is blank as well). 

hey man,i have some issue about "data corrupted" for 5days. i've done anything possible, but nothing happen. please fix this or at least tell me something i should do

Nice,but here's a suggestion:you should add a system that detects our in-game glyphs and lets us choose any of them for the forums only,regardless of the one that we have equipped in-game.I am saying this because I can't use my glyph on the forums for some reason,and I would like to have a glyph on the forums without changing the one in-game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1