Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UI] Some useful changes +mockups

KryptonCaptain

Some parts of the UI/HUD are good. Other are lacking. So I pulled out photoshop to do what I know how to to - change it.

First, no more guessing what the Fissure Corruption buff applies to - since some of us use Invisible While Holstered, and can't always rely on the solely visual overlay effect. Even scaled down, the sub-icons should be unique enough in shape to differentiate between.

JH6dMQT.png

For high duration and channeled abilities, when buffs like Energy Conversion or Growing Power come into play, it can be easy to forget if you had those buffs when you go to recast it and want to keep them up - so why not have a HUD element for the applicable abilities. Since Strength increases apply for the entire duration of the ability, no temporary Range/Duration buffs exist, and Efficiency (which only applies to the initial cast cost for channeled) isn't relevant, only the Strength bonus needs to be shown. Fissure Corruption works on a 2x multiplier, not an addition, so would be excluded.

d9uBfBY.png

The current biggest offender in the HUD, is of course this: (images overlayed)

OJMN681.png

The Fishing/Conservation HUD. For those like me, that take Ivara quite regularly for these tasks, being unable to see how much energy you have and the currently selected Quiver arrow, is a major inconvenience, since the Fishing/Conservation HUD completely removes the normal HUD. By moving the Fishing/Conservation HUD to the bottom left corner instead, and not disabling the normal power HUD would solve this issue.

On the Foundry side of things, specifically, the Modular tab. Turns out that searching for "zaw" only filters some of the parts and "kitgun" doesn't filter those parts at all, even though "amp" works perfectly. The proposed solution is a sub-menu, so if you're preparing to build a specific type, you can filter out the ones that aren't relevant

kzzi3ut.png

There's other areas that need work too, but this is what I had semi-finished mockups for...

True and close enough, there is much clarity to be worked on in the game when it comes to visual clarity and feedback of what is going on, many buffs, debuffs and HUD information is not clear enough often for the player to properly receive the information. Even a Shield/Health/Energy HUD update would be welcome by me regardless if people are used to the current ones or not, probably making the bars thicker would assist as well as bringing the energy pool on the top right HUD instead of bottom right or in an area where we can see it clearly with our peripheral vision at least, maybe just making them more visually clear and if people do not like the changes they could always use the old ones via toggles in the options, even custom HUDs could work in the game at some point as a good idea to be able to customize your HUD.