Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unintentional Loki Nerf

Jefftiffy

Loki is already pretty bad in the low levels and the stamina update kind of killed his ability to dodge making him his own decoy of sorts. Now, you can run about 3/4 the distance (using slides combined with running) and have to wait nearly double the time to have the stamina recharge.

I understand that Loki is extremely powerful in high level missions due to his disarm, but losing the ability to dodge as easily kind of killed his survivability aspect meaning he is forced to cloak if runs out of stamina.

I feel that Loki's innate speed really made him the run and gunner he is. He is the only Warframe that can outrun most attacks in the game. This speed update really hurt him in that aspect.

Maybe each Warframe should get their own stamina regeneration rates to allow each of them to be even more different.

Update: going to try to work out a good stamina time for each Warframe.

Edited by Jefftiffy

Finally, someone who is presenting an actual solution for their complaint, rather than "This is stupid, reverse change please!"

You raise a good point - it would be nice to see every warframe have it's own unique stamina consumption values and stamina, for example, Frost is a very heavy warframe, so running costs a little more stamina than most, but a huge drain to stamina in a wallrun (needing to hold his own weight on wall), whereas maybe a lighter frame can run for longer and cost less stamina in wall runs? I believe that'd be a good change.

+1 for actually presenting a good argument :)

The new stam system needs some tweaks. Maybe it does need independent scaling based on warframe. Personally I would love to see Rhino fit the description of being "unstoppable" even more if he never had to stop running. In the end I do think they are on the right path. Just need to fix a few of the issues with how it impacts the flow of the game.

This change was absolutely intentional. Just be glad you play a fast warframe to begin with. 

wow, the "just be glad" card

people are complaining because they want the game to shape up to be something they want to play, not because of a stupid base desire to get what they immediately

This change was absolutely intentional. Just be glad you play a fast warframe to begin with. 

How is it intentional to remove the only thing keeping a certain frame alive? Loki had his speed. Nothing else. Disarm only made them melee you but they do more damage with melee meaning you have to outrun them. Can't do that when they run faster than you walk and they are lvl 100 enemies.

wow, the "just be glad" card

people are complaining because they want the game to shape up to be something they want to play, not because of a stupid base desire to get what they immediately

Yeah the "just be glad" card, part of my deck of tricks. 

The game was already something I wanted to play. Now I don't. What's your logic for that exactly? 

How is it intentional to remove the only thing keeping a certain frame alive? Loki had his speed. Nothing else. Disarm only made them melee you but they do more damage with melee meaning you have to outrun them. Can't do that when they run faster than you walk and they are lvl 100 enemies.

You're making the assumption developers think that far in advance. I'm not in favor of the changes by the way; you're preaching to the choir. 

My point is more that Loki is not the only affected warframe; it's just the one you happen to play. This change sucks for *everyone*. 

You're making the assumption developers think that far in advance. I'm not in favor of the changes by the way; you're preaching to the choir. 

My point is more that Loki is not the only affected warframe; it's just the one you happen to play. This change sucks for *everyone*. 

I understand that but Loki was heavily reliant on this mechanic while others it was a luxury. I'm not say that they should stay nerfed, it's just that Loki was the biggest hit by the nerf.

And I also play Trinity so the I do have some experience with other frames.

Edited by Jefftiffy

This. Frames like loki and ash should have better stamina than other frames, especially the heavy ones.

And then Frost and Rhino wouldn't be able to keep up?

They barely can now (need to have Rush and maybe Maraton mods)

So what's the point if team's tank can't keep up with the team? Shouldn't Rhino be the one who runs ahead others and takes the hits?

So what's the point if team's tank can't keep up with the team? Shouldn't Rhino be the one who runs ahead others and takes the hits?

So you want Rhino, the heavy set tank, to be able to out speed everyone in the group... to be a tank?

I've seen Rhino's outrun me. While I'm using Ash. He isn't the fastest, but come on now. While I will admit they do have some difficulty keeping up, it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to in all honesty. Slap a sprint mod on them. Maybe a quick rest. "But then I have to sacrifice a mod slot!!". Well. People are always complaining about balance in this game. Having to choose between wanting all the armor/shield/health mods you can stack verses being able to run extremely fast should be a choice. Not a "why not both?" situation. You would actually have to plan out what you want verses what you need.

If your team isn't hanging back so you can keep up and they die because of it, that's their fault and they suck.

If your team is blasting through it so fast and killing everything before you can catch up, then they obviously don't need a tank.

Either way, it all comes down to people willing to play together as a team, and if they don't and everybody suffers because of that, that's not because of stamina. That's because players are being dumb.

Loki is already pretty bad in the low levels and the stamina update kind of killed his ability to dodge making him his own decoy of sorts. Now, you can run about 3/4 the distance (using slides combined with running) and have to wait nearly double the time to have the stamina recharge.

I understand that Loki is extremely powerful in high level missions due to his disarm, but losing the ability to dodge as easily kind of killed his survivability aspect meaning he is forced to cloak if runs out of stamina.

I feel that Loki's innate speed really made him the run and gunner he is. He is the only Warframe that can outrun most attacks in the game. This speed update really hurt him in that aspect.

Maybe each Warframe should get their own stamina regeneration rates to allow each of them to be even more different.

I personally have had no trouble with my Loki at all with the stamina changes, but you're right. Loki does need his stamina more than a lot of the other frames. Also, the idea that each frame gets their own stamina regen is a good one.

So you want Rhino, the heavy set tank, to be able to out speed everyone in the group... to be a tank?

I've seen Rhino's outrun me. While I'm using Ash. He isn't the fastest, but come on now. While I will admit they do have some difficulty keeping up, it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to in all honesty. Slap a sprint mod on them. Maybe a quick rest. "But then I have to sacrifice a mod slot!!". Well. People are always complaining about balance in this game. Having to choose between wanting all the armor/shield/health mods you can stack verses being able to run extremely fast should be a choice. Not a "why not both?" situation. You would actually have to plan out what you want verses what you need.

i play a lot Frost myself

and i got Sprint mod, but still sometimes i can't keep up with my teammates (Nova, Ember & Trinity)

and no I'm not talking about out speeding everyone, just about keeping up? If you speed up everyone else, then what's the point having Frost or Rhino?

i play a lot Frost myself

and i got Sprint mod, but still sometimes i can't keep up with my teammates (Nova, Ember & Trinity)

and no I'm not talking about out speeding everyone, just about keeping up? If you speed up everyone else, then what's the point having Frost or Rhino?

You can't keep up with Ember and Trinity?

Do you know how slow they are?