The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic players in sorties

(XBOX)PopPunkRulez

Anyone encounter any toxic players this week in sorties specifically? I just came back to this game after a break and started doing sorties again. Two days in a row I’ve had players full of salt. One was a spy sortie where I accidentally set off the alarm(I’m human, mistakes happen) and was specifically told to just leave after successfully grabbing the vault . The other was trying to setup a loadout in between since it was after a melee only mission. I got told off for taking too long (it was a min and was trying to setup a trinity real quick because I don’t have it in my loadouts). Just curious about other players experience. I usually just ignore these types of things but two days in a row was a little alarming for me.

People probably get more heated about sortie than other content because it's high level and also a fairly lengthy, all-or-nothing affair.

I will usually break squad between sortie missions and only do spy missions with friends specifically to avoid having to deal with the toxicity from other players.

• Like 1

Only issue I had Sortie wise was a PUG that kept forcing mission start.  We even dropped team and restarted the cue and got them again.  .-.

No matter who said what, asking them to stop forcing start so they could put weapons back on or change Warframes, they'd force start and then complain when people left the mission, causing host migrations for them.  We may have intentionally dropped the Spy, just to make them leave on their own; it worked.

I only see people hit the cow in spy sortie when someone triggers the alarm but as long as they do it noone should really care if they messed up. Some people even leave the mission when setting alarms in spy sortie and that why I do them solo or with a friend. I also seen people be salty with limbo but that one could be fair depends how they uses his abilities. Noone has told me to hurry up when changing loadout, if they dont have time to waste on me they can leave freely. Most of the community on warframe is seemingly friendly(excluding some region chat stuff). 

Outside of sortie: Once I had a random player messaging me and telling me Im a bad person(or something like that) and they blocked me after that which was very confusing but I did not care at all.

I play in PUGs usually and what you describe as "toxic" is very rare in my experience. There is some disappointment sometimes, mostly in spy missions. For example if I see someone saying "dude" when another player triggers an alarm I won't call it toxic by any means, but rather an expected reaction - from some people. I tend to stay silent in cases like that, and plenty of other players too. We just do our part. The vast majority of the players won't escalate anything on the chat.

Having said that, I think it's a courtesy not to spend too much time on the setup for the next part of the mission. It's a good idea to check all three missions before starting, see the special requirements and conditions that apply and prepare accordingly. If you want to use (for example) an Inaros in the second mission with a melee weapon only, prepare the setup before starting and don't have others waiting while you mod your frame and weapons. Switching frames and weapons is perfectly acceptable of course.

57 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Whats a PUG?

Also, I'm glad I've never experience any toxicity in Warframe. Some little spats here and there, but in comparison to all the good, its like those toxic things never happened.

Meaning of pug:

1. A dog breed. It's little, cute, but can't breathe properly.

2. Pick Up Group. A random group of people you play together with. In Warframe it's a squad of people who met through public matchmaking.

45 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Oh. I thought it was an insult or something.

Well, goes to show why the chat-ban system is broken and unreasonable. They ban people for not knowing what a word means, if its a bad word.

Do you have a habit of using words that you don't know the meaning of?  That's kinda on you.

• Like 1

1) I always break groups in between missions.

2) I do most Sortie missions solo, unless doing them with people speeds it up (like exterminate, defence or excavation).

3) I never do Spy missions in a group... just grab my Ivara or go kid mode and that's it.

These 3 habits prevented me from facing almost any kind of toxcicity in Sorties.