Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You're a civilian.

Velaethia

Cetus is probably going to be the popular one.

For Cetus, I'd struggle to find a spot where grineer don't commonly go through. The north and west paths have grineer camps, while the east tentatively has 2-3 scouting grineer walking along the banks. Employment would be mostly comprised of fishing, then eating said fish, as Cetus is not super mineral rich as fortuna. Depending on build, physique, and area-awareness, the grineer and their hit-scan weaponry may be a lethal deal breaker. Depending on if others are included, it might be wise to form up squads of other individuals (such as a spotter, to see if the area is clear).

For Fortuna:

1. Work for the Biz. Tranquilizing animals would mostly be safe, as there aren't a great deal of corpus scouts, or they are very spread out and easy to pick off, one at a time (a seperate gun would have to be acquired somehow, as the Tranq rifle does not work on the corpus for some reason).
  2. Become friendly enough to earn trust and a form of security. This would be a high-priority, as having some level of security against the Repo-Men is a must.
  3. Trade off whatever I find, plants or minerals, to others to secure a steady in-come outside of animal preservation. Tenno would buy from me, as I'd offer these at credit-costs rather than platinum costs.
  4. Live my days illegally mining ores, getting servofish, or tranq'ing animals. Alternatively, I've seen some of the people from Fortuna in the Relays...?
  5. Alternatively have DE brain-jar me so they can keep their Platinum merchants in-tact.

Alternative: Work directly for the Tenno who buys my bonds. Fish, find materials, Mine, and preserve, so long as I get some form of security/stability out of it.

Something I thought was interesting was that the Tranq rifle doesn't work against enemies other than animals, which I think is a bit silly. It'd be funny if this was changed in the future to effect non-armoured targets.

I think a benefit to Fortuna over Cetus is tech. Cetus has little to no tech and live very simplistic lives while I'm quite sure fortuna has many modern like distractions created by capitalism such as TV and Video games. Course would you rather be living a free life as a fisherman, or an enslaved life with empty entertainment? Heh a question for the real world as wlel.

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I'm disappointed no one considered living a honest life on Eris.

A civilian is a civilian even with 5 arms and a burning desire to eat everything alive very peacefully.

I mean... just gonna get cleared out by some tenno.

13 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I'm disappointed no one considered living a honest life on Eris.

A civilian is a civilian even with 5 arms and a burning desire to eat everything alive very peacefully.

It's kinda hard to enjoy life with splitting headaches and constant hunger, don't you think?

the answer is obvious

i'd be a proud grineer citizen,living in comfort knowing that my leaders arent afraid to protect us and refuse monetary obsessions

i'd peacefully live and work knowing that the valiant troops of the empire will never truly fall against the likes of money obsessed idiots and space aids,or be under risk of being squashed like a pimple (henlo cetus)

If the background of Fortuna wasn't so dark, I would definitely pick Fortuna. It looks like an 80's neon laced city with a snowy tundra outdoors? sign me up! But ofcourse the downside is that youre a slave in debt.

Cetus is obviously going to be everyone's choice though because its relaxed, you probably don't have to work very hard, just hunt and fish for food and avoid the eidolons.

31 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

If the background of Fortuna wasn't so dark, I would definitely pick Fortuna. It looks like an 80's neon laced city with a snowy tundra outdoors? sign me up! But ofcourse the downside is that youre a slave in debt.

Cetus is obviously going to be everyone's choice though because its relaxed, you probably don't have to work very hard, just hunt and fish for food and avoid the eidolons.

^ this and i'm pretty sure we all prefer our head on our shoulders.