Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plot hole for new players in quests (Spoilers!)

_Absolom_

I recently realized we have a huge plot hole in the current story progression system.

Spoiler

Upon going through the main quests and reaching the last point in The Second Dream, we have a healthy, post-mutation Alad V helping us. New players have no clue how on earth this guy survived being killed on Jupiter, or better yet, being thrown out of the window in a cinematic for PS4 by Mag.

It is later in the star chart that we face Alad with his Mutalist Empire, which could equally confuse new players, wondering how on earth he is less sane, and hosting his Infested armada.

To add to this, Operation Tubemen of Regor is altogether missing the story addition that would bind these things together, which is a piece of lore that has to be looked up or shown by other players.

I could be posting that has been said a thousand times before, if so, I’m terribly sorry, not a forum regular these days. But I thought this could use a little highlighting.

Did I miss anything? Please let me know.

• Like 5

A lot of story is missing form the game. You will always have to look up stuff.

How do bosses manage to stay alive, even though we kill them on a regular basis?
People don't know who the G3 are, and where they are coming from.
People don't know what Fomorians are and where they came from.
The game doesn't really explain how Vor ended up in the Void.

It's just as it is. It's not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

As a new player (started with the Switch Release) I was very confused.

It starts with the first planets. "I killed that Vor Guy, why do I have to kill him again?"

Then a 3rd time Vor and suddenly he is in the Void to just get killed again?

Same with Alad V, I have no idea how he ended up as Mutalist Alad V or why he is helping us in some missions....

Do I understand that correct? Most Parts of the story are buried in old missions we never get to play?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, (NSW)Zwiebel said:

Same with Alad V, I have no idea how he ended up as Mutalist Alad V or why he is helping us in some missions....

Do I understand that correct? Most Parts of the story are buried in old missions we never get to play?

I can't say for certain whether old events are going to return or not. There have been hints for both possibilities, but in the meantime, I highly recommend you take a look at this article:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Event
Don't be afraid to look things up on that wiki, it's pretty much core to playing the game.
In there you'll find info on past events, and what they added to storytelling. If you don't care much for spoilers, I recommend you read up on his page, everything you need to know is detailed.

I just hope they'll make old quests replayable and maybe, just maybe, this is coming with their "New player experience" update.

Unfortunately, Warframes chronology is a bit all over the place. I'm still trying to figure out how Vor could possibly STILL be alive even after he was literally cut in half, what? Once? Twice? Is Grineer tech THAT good? Now him popping up in the Void makes some sense...Its because of the Janus key...even though that particular void key is never, ever, explained.

Yea, it was a bit frustrating for me starting out as well. I missed all the old events, and initially I thought those things that didn't make immediate sense would eventually be explained later down the road. But at some point, probably around Saturn or Uranus, I started to get really confused by the chronology of the events. So I just started to use the wiki as a lore/story guide and it all made sense afterwards. It's a shame, I really wish those old events with important story ties could be added back into the game as permanent Starchart quests or something. 

• Like 1

I wonder if this will ever be addressed, as it's something I've been thinking a lot of recently too.  I've basically had to put all the pieces of story together myself along with the help of clan mates, and it would have been way easier and enjoyable if it was actually.. in the game in some way.  Even just Codex entries would be nice.