Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 months into the new year. Already feeling a content drought. Ps4 most recent update was content from December 2018 that pc already had access to. Not to mention tennogen round 14 came incomplete in our update.

(PSN)lightskinhulk121

Looking in the bottom right corner of my monitor right now and it says 2, and 2 is not 3, last I checked. February is the shortest month, at that. Given the holiday break, thats around 6 weeks of work since Christmas/New Years.

DE doesn't have a gun to your head, forcing you to play something you don't want to, you know.

• Like 6

If this is the only game you play, and you play a lot, it's inevitable that you'll run out of compelling stuff to do.  Take a break and do something else.  Apex Legends just came out, and it's free, so give yourself a change of pace (with that game or any other) and then come back when you start missing Warframe.

Alternatively, you could always make friends with some newbies and help/mentor them.  Everything's better with friends, and when they're doing content that's new to them, helping them gives you a goal to work towards again.

• Like 4

It's ok man, you can always take a break, play destiny, division, anthem, or any other game, DE devs work as hard as they can with the resources they have to provide new fun content for the players with no additional cost to them (all updates are free). Unfortunately, it takes time.

As a Tf2 player since 2011 I laugh at you. You guys are so dependent on cheap sensationalism and the excitement of a new update that I get the distinct feeling you don't love the very game you play. If DE someday decides it's game is perfect,and never updates it again,90% of you would quit because it's all over for you. You don't 'play' warframe,you just let yourself get addicted to it without even having any love for it,like having sex with a girl you don't even know the name of.

Be patient. Get some cosmetics. Roll a riven. Cook up a memestrat with your clanmates. Games aren't supposed to be played like this. Even if they are ridiculously grind heavy MMOs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

As a Tf2 player since 2011 I laugh at you. You guys are so dependent on cheap sensationalism and the excitement of a new update that I get the distinct feeling you don't love the very game you play. If DE someday decides it's game is perfect,and never updates it again,90% of you would quit because it's all over for you. You don't 'play' warframe,you just let yourself get addicted to it without even having any love for it,like having sex with a girl you don't even know the name of.

Be patient. Get some cosmetics. Roll a riven. Cook up a memestrat with your clanmates. Games aren't supposed to be played like this. Even if they are ridiculously grind heavy MMOs.

There's a big difference between getting bored from a pvp game and a pve game. Pvp games dont usually need a lot of regular updates to keep them fresh, the pvp element itself is enough. Although i disagree with op, your argument isn't valid too. If warframe went a a year without any update i think the player base leaving the game would be just. A service based game needs regular updates to keep their players engaged, especially a f2p one.

• Like 4

Search term: Content locust.

And last I checked, February was the second month of the year, and we're not through that month yet. Hyperbole use tend to undermine your argument, so... maybe... stop exaggerating and get back on your Ritalin?

On 2019-02-22 at 10:37 AM, (PS4)lightskinhulk121 said:

Almost 3 months into 2019. Definitely feeling it right now. Sad to say.

Image result for i want it now

Get over yourself. Its not like you're the only one who has to wait.

Its how DE have operated pretty much since the beginning. Go play another game if its that much of a problem for you.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 4

vor 1 Stunde schrieb FlusteredFerret:

Image result for i want it now

Get over yourself. Its not like you're the only one who has to wait.

Its how DE have operated pretty much since the beginning. Go play another game if its that much of a problem for you.

In the beginning, we had biweekly weapon drops and events every 2-3 months. I understand that you want to defend a game and its developers whom we all love. But criticising the fact that we are currently experiencing another content drought, with no content drops since November except for an unrewarding boss fight, does not seem to be an issue that needs this much white knighting.

Also, please stop with the play something else stick. If you wanted DE to gain as much money and players as possible you'd argue for continuous content that keeps said players engaged. Instead, we get these sprinkles of huge updates 3 times a year that get players interested for a week or two just for them to go to hibernation after that again. And one reason for this is in my opinion that every opinion critical of DE is getting pushed out by 10 other people defending their favourite toy.

Now again, I love the game as well, but criticism, no matter how petty, leads to discussions, solutions and the game becoming better in the long run. So please, stop with this don't criticise just take a break from the game argument.

• Like 4

Yup we are certainly on a dry streak right now with no real indication of the end, DE says they are being more ambitious and can't say quite yet if that's a good or bad thing until whatever their ambitions are come to realization, but with their track record for creating lasting content I do worry how effective this more spaced out content release change will be. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

In the beginning, we had biweekly weapon drops and events every 2-3 months. I understand that you want to defend a game and its developers whom we all love. But criticising the fact that we are currently experiencing another content drought, with no content drops since November except for an unrewarding boss fight, does not seem to be an issue that needs this much white knighting.

Also, please stop with the play something else stick. If you wanted DE to gain as much money and players as possible you'd argue for continuous content that keeps said players engaged. Instead, we get these sprinkles of huge updates 3 times a year that get players interested for a week or two just for them to go to hibernation after that again. And one reason for this is in my opinion that every opinion critical of DE is getting pushed out by 10 other people defending their favourite toy.

Now again, I love the game as well, but criticism, no matter how petty, leads to discussions, solutions and the game becoming better in the long run. So please, stop with this don't criticise just take a break from the game argument.

This post needs to be written on the Holy Bible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radagosh said:

In the beginning, we had biweekly weapon drops and events every 2-3 months

You still get the events and boohoo we have so many weapons that half of them are pretty much mastery fodder, a few are getting recycled and the others are either prime lites with nothing special or junk. 

But criticising the fact that we are currently experiencing another content drought, with no content drops since November except for an unrewarding boss fight, does not seem to be an issue that needs this much white knighting.

Its not white knightning to say go play something else, its common sense and #*!%ing basic sanity, you will devour that content in DAYS when it took months to create it. 

They are currently working on melee 2.9x, they are working on wolf of saturn 6, they are currently working on 2 warframes, they are currently working on Planes of whatevers next, rail jack etc.

You KNOW where all their dev time is going, they SHOWED you where all their efforts currently are, 

Also, please stop with the play something else stick. If you wanted DE to gain as much money and players as possible you'd argue for continuous content that keeps said players engaged

Continous content is a short sighted statement that doesnt seem to understand the flaws about the game, you cant call for MORE ENGAGING CONTENT (read; content youll break with X warframe in an hour and devour in a week) and have the other half of the community criticise the devs for not going back and fixing old content or criticise them for continously releasing content -not for vets- or -too easy- or demand more rewards.

This is from reading numerous numerous numerous complaint threads over the last 5 years and let me tell you they all contradict each other concerning human labor capabilities. 

No one said dont criticise, but you have to think a little harder about your criticisms and so far the only solid answer ive seen yet is to -play something else for now- 

Ive yet to see anyone mention any other -viable and realistic- solution to the "drought" we all seem to be facing. 

Keep.in mind the last time they tried to give content to work towards it responded with thousands of posts regarding Hema, so long term grinds are out the window. 

Im.going to say it but anyone with any kind of foresight wouldve seem this coming, weekly to bi weekly updates? Events every 1 to 2 months? How could the rewards and weapom uniqueness ever keep up with people who play this game so much that they have almost all of the content? 

You ,generalizing, need to keep in mind game development is like tugging an 8 way rope that runs on money and investors, you demand one thing or "find a solution" to one thing you strain the other side.

And guess what happens when X side gets strained? Go look at the forums and any warframe is dying thread.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 3

While the OP might be a little over dramatic he is kind of right...

Even if you exclude 'new things', this year hasn't even given us much in terms of bug fixing either. 

As I've said before, it's all very well giving us nice new shiny things but how about finishing off some of the existing things and fixing the bugs/issues we keep saying about.

• Like 1

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (PS4)psycofang:

You still get the events and boohoo we have so many weapons that half of them are pretty much mastery fodder, a few are getting recycled and the others are either prime lites with nothing special or junk. 

The point I was making here, was to contradict the statement of "it's always been this way". I have not said that mr fodder was better I just said it was different. Also, the last real event we had was plague star. (Next one probably having to do with deck 12, see the pic on last devstream)

vor 25 Minuten schrieb (PS4)psycofang:

Its not white knightning to say go play something else, its common sense and #*!%ing basic sanity, you will devour that content in DAYS when it took months to create it. 

They are currently working on melee 2.9x, they are working on wolf of saturn 6, they are currently working on 2 warframes, they are currently working on Planes of whatevers next, rail jack etc. 

You KNOW where all their dev time is going, they SHOWED you where all their efforts currently are,  

you just supported my wish for continuous content, which the player base can't burn through in days. Melee 3.0 isn't content, neither is wolf of saturn, those two are reworks of old systems, they are nice but nothing new. From what I've seen they don't add to the game they just solve issues, which is great but not worth teasing us over 6 months for.

You said new weapons are just mastery fodder but mention new frames as content. The idea behind having some weapons every 2-3 weeks is that you can forma them, test them out farm new forma and thus have something to do.

Now on to the new open world map... Yeay I can't wait for an even bigger, emptier Fortuna with more caves, that comes out without the promised boss fights. Rail Jack on the other hands sounds promising, but so did King Pin and alliance conflict rework, point being I'll believe it once I see it in the game.

Continous content is a short sighted statement that doesnt seem to understand the flaws about the game, you cant call for MORE ENGAGING CONTENT (read; content youll break with X warframe in an hour and devour in a week) and have the other half of the community criticise the devs for not going back and fixing old content or criticise them for continously releasing content -not for vets- or -too easy- or demand more rewards.

This is from reading numerous numerous numerous complaint threads over the last 5 years and let me tell you they all contradict each other concerning human labor capabilities. 

Why? Remember TREE; Thesis, Reason, Example, Explanation? I see your Thesis and but I don't see a reason, example and explanation. Now, this probably sounded really mean but I really want to understand why big content drops are better than small continuous ones in your opinion, so please explain to me why you think they are.

No one said dont criticise, but you have to think a little harder about your criticisms and so far the only solid answer ive seen yet is to -play something else for now- 

Ive yet to see anyone mention any other -viable and realistic- solution to the "drought" we all seem to be facing. 

Keep.in mind the last time they tried to give content to work towards it responded with thousands of posts regarding Hema, so long term grinds are out the window. 

Im.going to say it but anyone with any kind of foresight wouldve seem this coming, weekly to bi weekly updates? Events every 1 to 2 months? How could the rewards and weapom uniqueness ever keep up with people who play this game so much that they have almost all of the content? 

You ,generalizing, need to keep in mind game development is like tugging an 8 way rope that runs on money and investors, you demand one thing or "find a solution" to one thing you strain the other side.

And guess what happens when X side gets strained? Go look at the forums and any warframe is dying thread.

Arbitrations: add rivens to the vendor (not only aw rivens), add kuva, relicpacks, traces, skins, etc to the reward table

sorties: add a system like teased in wolf of saturn, so we can decide what to get as rewards

Missions: give us easy (current), normal(start at lvl 50) and hard mode(start at lvl 120)[make it so u have to unlock every node in a difficulty before you can advance] with increased loot and exp, add kuva, refined relics, etc to the droptable (problem here being the splitting up of the comunity, which I'd solve by removing 50-60% of the already deluded star map)

Relics: make it so a relic charges up to it's refinement status and is being used once for the whole mission (bringing back endless relic runs)

Raids: bring back lor, nothing broken in there except for 2 doors

just some ideas that would make me want to play the game again. I made them up just now in 5minutes of brain storming, so be gentle.

In my opinion, this game is all about rewards and challenge neither of which the current iteration provides. The reward side due to the lacklustre drop table, which still includes 5k credit boxes in most of the mission types, which should have been replaced in u15 after dark sector became a thing or at least the update with the index in it. And for challenges, just look at the current birthday alerts, stay in a mission for 30 minutes the enemies go from lvl30 to lvl 40. I spent that alert clicking w every now and then to not get afk kicked while my ember killed everything around her and I was able to enjoy watching a movie. I remember a time when we had to fight lvl 999 enemies in an interception, that was fun, bring back more alerts like this.

• Like 4

Revisiting Tactical Alerts or bringing back old, forgotten Tactical Alerts would be more engaging content. We haven’t had consistent TAs in months, only to have it drip like a broken faucet on a hot summer day. It may be a bandaid solution, but I honestly doubt an implementation like this would obfuscate any dev time towards Wolf of Saturn, melee 2.9, the 2-3 new Warframes, etc. On the surface, it appears to be a refusal to do so, which is upsetting for players like myself who are still waiting for TAs to make a comeback.

• Like 2

Why? Remember TREE; Thesis, Reason, Example, Explanation? I see your Thesis and but I don't see a reason, example and explanation. Now, this probably sounded really mean but I really want to understand why big content drops are better than small continuous ones in your opinion, so please explain to me why you think they are.

Well look at it this way, certain players are able to blow through major updates, that take many months to create, check & release, in just a few weeks.

On that basis, small, regular updates would only keep them occupied for a matter of hours or days at best...and there would just be more complaints that the updates aren't big / challenging enough.

As has been said MANY times before, there is just no pleasing some people, no matter what you do...therefore DE's best course of action is to simply continue to develop the game as they see fit. Given the HUGE spread of opinions across the fan base, they will never keep everyone happy, so they should simply stick to their own vision of what the game should be.

Plus a HUGE part of this game is about the stories of the Warframe universe (i.e. quests, open world locations etc.) If the devs were spending a lot of time and effort producing "small" updates, major updates would take even longer to release.

In the end REAL fans understand what DE are trying to achieve and what the Warframe universe is about. They don't fill the forums with whine threads, demanding that DE make it like Destiny, Fortnite, Mass Effect or any number of other games.

REAL fans will also offer CONSTRUCTIVE feedback in the CORRECT section of the forum (with realistic, workable ideas)...not simply complain about content drought in General Discussion.

Unhelpful whine posts like the OP's are the reason complainers get so much grief.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

20 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

REAL fans

"I disagree with someone so I'll make up an imaginary worse-person group to throw them out of discussion."

There is no such thing as real or not-real fans. Liking videogames isn't a nationality nor is it a tribe, where you get to throw those that disagree with you out.

The bottomline is, you don't get to tell people how to complain. If they want to whine, you have to let them, you're not in a position of authority to say whining is not allowed.

You're not a moderator, nor an admin. If you were, then yeah, you could disallow certain things, but you're not. So you can't.

If you consider a thread bad/irrelevant, then IGNORE the OP, or REPORT the topic.

Responding to it with "Don't talk like that, meanie!" makes you look immature.

What you are doing is, essentially, trying to shut down the opposition not with the strength of your arguments, but by your imaginary authority ("I'm a real fan, I win the argument, you are not a real fan, you lose") you've given yourself.

It doesn't work that way, buddy. And frankly, it's disgusting. You know who loved using this technique? nazis. And their big buddies, soviets.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1