Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6 years later, Grandmasters still don't have their Solar Landmark

Diarist

So it's almost 6 years since I bought my Founders package. In those near 6 years, Grandmasters have still not been given the "Solar Landmark" we were promised. This extends even further than that, considering closed beta started in late 2012.

unknown.png

Nearly 6 years I've been seeing this stupid message that means nothing. Over HALF A DECADE.

Our names used to run across the node's info in a little ticker-style thing on the old OLD starchart, but hell, the node I represent ISN'T EVEN PART OF SATURN ANYMORE, as far as I can tell. You literally took my and many others' NODE away, DE.

We're waiting for the feature we paid for. Do you just plan on never adding it, until none of us are even left? You've managed to get rid of the majority of founders and CB/2013 vets through terrible treatment as it is. (Banning Zamboni for suggesting an alt to the mod system as well as anyone who agreed with him, taking away collstro's founder items for leaving critique on this forum and ontop of that not refunding him for taking the items he paid for away from him, straight up not even providing the founders shirt and headband for some people [me included] and then telling us "too bad" when we contact you, giving away DC access that was supposed to be founders exclusive, the list goes on). Are you just waiting it out at this point? Do you really have no intentions of adding this feature we were promised when we dropped $250 to kickstart YOUR GAME in its infancy, when you needed the funds to survive? Not to mention all the extra support and extra bodies they brought in with those extra closed beta keys and word of mouth?

Before the DE apologists roll in with the tired "THE GAME IS FREE" "ITS BETA" "DON'T YOU FOUNDERS HAVE ENOUGH" excuses that have nothing to do with anything; this is a VERY BASIC principle. We were promised a thing SIX YEARS AGO now when we bought that Grandmaster package. SIX YEARS. There has been 0 effort to add it, 0 mention of it by Digital Extremes, for a thing we PAID for. That's as simple as it gets. We paid for a thing. We still have not been given said thing. In fact the one thing that was placeholder and sort of resembles it; the ticker with our names running across, was TAKEN AWAY. Some NODES GM's and founders represent have outright been taken away.

It's disgusting, it's abusive, it's a con, and I'm tired of nothing being said about it. I'd appreciate some form of response but knowing DE this will either be ignored, or outright deleted/damage controlled heavily and twisted into "devbashing" because god forbid anyone say anything or speak up.

Edited by Diarist
  • Like 6

Friend, it's fine. I remember my node used to be on a Conclave and was then removed since Conclaves went poof. We honestly don't need more on top of everything we've gotten and the various extra stuff we have gotten on top of what was promised for free.

If you want to see your name ticker-style head to any given Relay, ther's a spot on top of the centre meeting area that has that.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Diarist said:

I'd appreciate some form of response but knowing DE this will either be ignored, or outright deleted/damage controlled heavily and twisted into "devbashing" because god forbid anyone say anything or speak up.

six years.. and you still didn't know that DE don't read General Discussion? if you want their attention, you'd need to post this in #Feedback.

while you make a valid point about not getting something you were supposed to, it's not what you say, but how you say it. I get you're frustrated but posting in this manner is just going to cast you in a bad light, and not only is that gonna stop people from agreeing with you, it's going to make you look entitled and encourage people to mock you. I would be fine with them bringing all the old nodes back, they could be given some tileset variations and could still fit on the starchart seamlessly if done right. 

• Like 8

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

six years.. and you still didn't know that DE don't read General Discussion? if you want their attention, you'd need to post this in #Feedback.

while you make a valid point about not getting something you were supposed to, it's not what you say, but how you say it. I get you're frustrated but posting in this manner is just going to cast you in a bad light, and not only is that gonna stop people from agreeing with you, it's going to make you look entitled and encourage people to mock you. I would be fine with them bringing all the old nodes back, they could be given some tileset variations and could still fit on the starchart seamlessly if done right. 

I can really care less about how I'm perceived at this point. I've been supporting DE and being sh** on for it by DE since 2013. People have outright been silenced and reprimanded for presenting civil critique and suggestions. And this is a case of players paying for a thing, and DE refusing to acknowledge it and trying to wait it out to the point where none of the people who bought it will even be here anymore.

If being civil and patient gets people nowhere, then being loud and vocal is the other option. And honestly, my patience and willingness to be civil has burnt out a long time ago. 'Cus again, its gotten people nowhere with DE. F***s sake like 3 people were SCREAMING about adding PvP in the game and the other 99% of people disagreed. Even DE didn't wanna add it. And oh look, now we have Conclave, the most pointless mode in the game ever that eats dev time and resources like a god damn vampire. All because the tiniest group of people were LOUD.

I could go into an entire rant about social media in general and how vocal minorities have warped and directed almost everything in recent years as well but this isn't the place for that.

Back to my point though; my patience has been long gone. I've shown DE plenty of support and goodwill over this half a decade+. Forgive me for being jaded after 6 years of being lied to and the game having 0 sense of direction, but that latter thing is another thread altogether.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Diarist said:

And honestly, my patience and willingness to be civil has burnt out a long time ago.

then the only thing left to do is stop: you're clearly aware of the path you're on, that doesn't mean you have to take it. honestly I can agree that it's rather suspicious how a loud minority seems to get more sway than any majority, in ALL aspects of Life, not just videogames. it's totally natural to want to throw abuse at DE, but it will literally be even less effective than being civil. I may not have been on the forums or in the game as long as you, but Trust me, I've seen my fair share of people shout at DE, and they all ended the exact same way: they didn't get what they wanted, and some of them left (and yes, some of them were founders too).

even if you don't get what you want, you can at least save face by not throwing a tantrum over the internet. Founders are already considered to be "entitled" by some players, so don't give those people the benefit: stay civil, it won't fix your problem, but at least you won't do something you regret. I think you probably need to take a break from warframe. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, KingOfNightmare said:

every relay has a display with a scrolling list of grandmaster founders names on it, that's your landmark.

It's not, considering that we're still receiving the same "it'll be added soon" message for 6 years as I've said. And the old school ticker which I'm assuming this is supposed to mirror wasn't the 'solar landmark' either.

Just now, iLLusionMast3r said:

How do you get master or grandmaster?

Back in the really early days (late 2012 into 2013) you could buy Founders packages when the game was in desperate need of cash to stay afloat. It was like a kickstarter in a way. Grandmaster was the highest tier with the highest perks, most of which weren't provided (above, and in some cases the shirt and headband we were supposed to get) or outright just given away to non-founders years later.

1 minute ago, Diarist said:

Back in the really early days (late 2012 into 2013) you could buy Founders packages when the game was in desperate need of cash to stay afloat. It was like a kickstarter in a way. Grandmaster was the highest tier with the highest perks, most of which weren't provided (above, and in some cases the shirt and headband we were supposed to get) or outright just given away to non-founders years later.

so you can't get it anymore?

Just now, wargthewarg said:

If you're so upset about it and it's been so long, maybe you just need to discuss it with a lawyer. 

Complaining on the forums is unlikely to do anything, pretty much no one in the player base cares because it doesn't concern them.

There's nothing that can legally be done about it and I don't have lawyer money anyway even if it could. Most anyone can do is try and speak up. Just like everything else that's managed some kind of change in this game, on this forum.

And thank you for expressing your content with the devs lying about things people paid for. DE apologist 101 I guess. Don't know why I'm even shocked.

7 minutes ago, Diarist said:

It's not, considering that we're still receiving the same "it'll be added soon" message for 6 years as I've said. And the old school ticker which I'm assuming this is supposed to mirror wasn't the 'solar landmark' either.

welps then i hope DE will add it soon or later but if it was my case i would be totaly fine by what they made so far, i founded this game because i belived in it, the extra stuff is just a "thank you". I mean you STILL have the name of the node you had in your profile, even if it dosen't exists , it still is quite unique.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iLLusionMast3r said:

so you can't get it anymore?

nope. plenty people have campaigned for it, but DE have stated multiple times that anything given in the Founders pack is exclusive and will NEVER return. if you see one of those threads where someone asks for Excalibur Prime or another founder's Item back, just ignore it.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

nope. plenty people have campaigned for it, but DE have stated multiple times that anything given in the Founders pack is exclusive and will NEVER return. if you see one of those threads where someone asks for Excalibur Prime or another founder's Item back, just ignore it.

well now I know why excalibur prime kinda doesn't exist

Just now, Jivy said:

is it really worth complaining about?

Considering I and many others paid for a thing, and still have not been provided said thing that we paid for after 6 years, yes. Yes it is worth complaining about. Amazing how that works, huh?

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

don't worry about it, you'll get Umbra Excalibur eventually, he's just as good..

hes better in a way only bad thing is that he dosent get energy from deathorbs but thats fine gotta make prime be positive in someway

1 minute ago, Diarist said:

There's nothing that can legally be done about it and I don't have lawyer money anyway even if it could. Most anyone can do is try and speak up. Just like everything else that's managed some kind of change in this game, on this forum.

And thank you for expressing your content with the devs lying about things people paid for. DE apologist 101 I guess. Don't know why I'm even shocked.

Thanks, that's the first time anybody has ever referred to me as a DE apologist. I'll wear that badge with pride from now on.

It looks like DE made some dumb mistakes with the founders stuff that means that they keep getting hounded by those players. The fact that those people feel owed six years on genuinely makes me feel sorry for DE for having made the kind of mistake they did because it never ever stops. Because the hard truth is that no one that isn't a founder cares about small insignificant stuff that keeps being complained about. 

I've bought some founder stuff in other games and really, when games take off it's just water under the bridge except maybe for some random relics of the past no one really cares for using. 

• Like 5

Just now, Diarist said:

Considering I and many others paid for a thing, and still have not been provided said thing that we paid for after 6 years, yes. Yes it is worth complaining about. Amazing how that works, huh?

maybe ask support?