Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*UPDATED* DE and Bioware #lifttogether #strongalonestrongertogether Anthem and Warframe are mates!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

DE gains nothing by S#&$ting on their competitors or hoping they fail.   Without real competition we do not get real innovation.   By having real competitors in this genre keeps everyone on theirs toes making the best they can.  We all win together if this occurs.    Pretty obvious what happens when you have limited or no competition...it isn't pretty.  

• Like 10

All companies with an ounce of self distance and wit do these things when similar games have hyped releases.

Gazillion did the exact same "promotion/congratulation" when RoS was released for D3. Gaz did a "Dont Fear the Reaper" event in Marvel Heroes. It was also a game that had total confidence in their own product at the time and saw no threat from Blizzard. But we all know how it ended thanks to David "cant-keep-my-pervo-hands-away" Von Dohrman taking over after Brevik as the CEO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

I read that as "when I finish Anthem" and thought I was going to be super clever by asking "You mean when you quickplay into the final mission at level 3?"

Not me.  I will never forgive EA for what they've done to the community at large.

My sister bought it for her boyfriend and his spite for the game is legendary.  I can't help but be amused.

That's heartwarming. I wish the best for Anthem. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

On another note, it is a good way to advertise for DE. Anthem has likely drawn in a large crowd because of AAA names attached (EA, Bioware). Maybe those who played Anthem and were left feeling disappointed, or those frightened off by the mixed reviews, might see this message and check out Warframe instead 😅.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Fun fact: when WF was released, players were laughing at it as well. Just saying...what you do with that information, I leave to you. 

Citation needed. AFAIR, the only reactions were either positive (from people who liked it enough to keep playing) or indifferent (from those who didn't). By the time Warframe hit the gaming consciousness at large, it was already content-rich enough that it wasn't really seen as something to be mocked.

• Like 7

il y a 6 minutes, HugintheCrow a dit :

When you know your "competition" is pretty much dead on arrival, so you make a good guy move for publicity points.

Nicely done, DE.

Even now athem has more probability to become a great game than warframe did. Don't mean it will.

A mind blowing reminder of the success of warframe and DE.

Looter shooter was not has popular in 2013 has it is now and athem is well known because of the companie publishing and developping it. (For the best and the worst)

DE was not so well known.

Athem CAN be a great competitor.

• Like 4

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)wintersfrozen a dit :

E

Its how Canadians insult others. They just out-nice them.

Friend don't compliment each other.

Depending of who is complimenting, it could be a yellow or a red flag.

Not to take too litterally.

Because when we do, it actually mean something.

Edited by angias

Contrary to the Destiny Vs Warframe meme..De and Bungie participated in the ALS challenge way back when together..DE even went with the effort of making videos of hydroid and frost dumping the water bucket...

They know we all tend to switch between games if the games are good enough to warrant switching from for the other and back....So I'm not surprised De went first class on welcoming another game into genera...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angias said:

Even now athem has more probability to become a great game than warframe did. Don't mean it will.

Looter shooter was not has popular in 2013 has it is now and athem is well known because of the companie publishing and developping it. (For the best and the worst)

Athem? Doesn't ring a bell, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Fun fact: when WF was released, players were laughing at it as well. Just saying...what you do with that information, I leave to you. 

The difference is that not even DE expected Warframe to be received particularly well. They hastily scraped it together in hopes it would make just enough money to keep them from going under.

Meanwhile, Anthem was massively hyped and EA put some crazy expectations on it. And they aren't known for being forgiving towards franchises and companies that do not meet their expectations.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, angias said:

Anthem does have potential to be something great. But, it is all in EA's court now. They don't have a reputation of being patient, and rarely give enough time for the game-as-service model to gain traction before either dumping support for that game or firing the entire studio altogether. Bioware can make a good game out of Anthem, but it just depends on whether EA will give them the time they need to get there. 

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Comparing a hastily thrown together beta released game with a AAA full release game that has been in development for years and years.

No one in their right mind would laugh at a beta, everyone in their right mind would laugh at a 1.0 release in a shoddy state. Not saying Anthem is in a shoddy state because I wouldnt know, but I do take your "facts" with a grain of salt.

19 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Anthem does have potential to be something great. But, it is all in EA's court now. They don't have a reputation of being patient, and rarely give enough time for the game-as-service model to gain traction before either dumping support for that game or firing the entire studio altogether. Bioware can make a good game out of Anthem, but it just depends on whether EA will give them the time they need to get there. 

sheep have a track record of getting peeved at EA, dropping whatever game EA trainwrecked that had promise and player support but those same sheep instead of learning their lesson often jump ship to another game in protest...... typically another EA game so EA will never care and the sheep keep feeding EA and nothing changes for the better because they still end up rolling in money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angias said:

It may very well be so one day. They do have a massive disadvantage, which is the overly high priced buy in for being an Electronic (f)Arts games. WF had the luxory of being 100% free to try out for as long as you like and do everything in. And if the initial release has failed, chances are people will be weary of buying in even when things are claimed to be turned around. And as said, it is an EA game, so people that were hesitant to begin with will be even more hesitant in the future.

Now sure, if they do improve the game as needed and release a very generous free trial version, people may actually try it and buy it. If not I doubt many will give them the benefit of the doubt.