Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*UPDATED* DE and Bioware #lifttogether #strongalonestrongertogether Anthem and Warframe are mates!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

il y a 19 minutes, (XB1)RDeschain82 a dit :

Actually that's incorrect. The cyphers are the mission directors like the Lotus for example. 

In Warframe you have children using "transference" to manipulate infested puppets from a safe distance. 

In Anthem you have adult free Lancers piloting a suit of armor similar to how Tony Stark pilots Iron Man. 

Freelancers work like that, but it was my understanding that the Dominion actually uses the same method the Tenno use... Did i misinterpret something? 

EDIT: also, i #*!%ing love your name, son of gilead ❤️

Edited by Autongnosis

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

the Dominion actually uses the same method the Tenno use... Did i misinterpret something? 

The Dominion are human and pilot javelins of there own, also notably designed the Storm Javelin. And they work with an insect race known as the scars. There are 4 factions in Anthem. The Freelancers, Dominion, Sentinels and the Scars. The lore is actually pretty deep in Anthem, if you take your time with it that is. 

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

EDIT: also, i #*!%ing love your name, son of gilead ❤️

Thanks, yeah I'm sorta a Dark Tower junkie. Lol 

Go then Tenno, there are other worlds than these. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-22 at 2:14 PM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Fun fact: when WF was released, players were laughing at it as well. Just saying...what you do with that information, I leave to you. 

No they weren't. We were mostly saying "geez this is a bit rough, but it's deffo got potential".

3 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

No they weren't. We were mostly saying "geez this is a bit rough, but it's deffo got potential".

Honestly, I'm saying the same thing about Anthem. Its a bit rough, but its deffo got potential.

What makes it unacceptable, or laughable I guess, is that Bioware and EA are AAA companies so I feel the game should be in a much better state, and couple that with the fact that they are charging $60 for it. I'm not going to pay $60 for something rough, even when it shows potential. But then again, we do live in the age of Early Access, Kickstarters, peace-meal releases, etc. so that's just my own personal preference.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1

Just now, IntheCoconut said:

Honestly, I'm saying the same thing about Anthem. Its a bit rough, but its deffo got potential.

What makes it unacceptable, or laughable I guess, is that Bioware and EA are AAA companies so I feel the game should be in a much better state, and couple that with the fact that they are charging $60 for it. I'm not going to pay $60 for something rough, even when it shows potential. But then again, we do live in the age of Early Access, Kickstarters, peace-meal releases, etc. so that's just my own personal preference.

It doesn't have potential because it's EA and new Bioware. They're gaming nega-Midases; everything they touch turns to S#&$.

9 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

It doesn't have potential because it's EA and new Bioware. They're gaming nega-Midases; everything they touch turns to S#&$.

Your opinion on EA and the games potential is of no relevance to me, though. If I see potential in the game, I will keep playing it. If you don't like that? Well, tough luck, not really anything you can do about that.

• Like 2

Well that’s nice. However, I’m not so sure anthem is gonna a serious competitor for warframe. I think destiny would be much better competition for anthem. Especially since they have more in common with each other than warframe. Who knows? Maybe it’ll get Bungie going to get good stuff out for destiny. But as it stands right now, warframe is leagues above anthem from a technical and design standpoint. But anthem has potential to one day properly compete with Warframe

Just now, rune_me said:

Your opinion on EA and the games potential is of no relevance to me, though. If I see potential in the game, I will keep playing it. If you don't like that? Well, tough luck, not really anything you can do about that.

I'm not telling you to do anything. I'm just explaining why I am predicting that it will either crash and burn or die a quiet death inside the first year.

Who still plays Battlefield 5? Who ever even bought ME: Andromeda?

Of course I'm also a bit bemused about people only now realizing that EA is awful, after... what, forty years of them being atrocious anti-consumer poison in the industry?

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Your opinion on the game's potential is of no relevance to reality, though. The game will crash and burn and you won't be able to play it after ea closes down all servers. If you don't like that? Well, tough luck, not really anything you can do about that.

• Like 2

Just now, FlyingDice said:

Of course I'm also a bit bemused about people only now realizing that EA is awful, after... what, forty years of them being atrocious anti-consumer poison in the industry?

I'm a bit bemused by this statement as I've seen a pretty consistent "EA is evil" theme throughout the thread, from both pro-Anthem and anti-Anthem players alike.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Your opinion on the game's potential is of no relevance to reality, though. The game will crash and burn and you won't be able to play it after ea closes down all servers. If you don't like that? Well, tough luck, not really anything you can do about that.

Gotta try a bit harder than that. Take 30 minutes to think of your next post, then come back at me. I'll let you know how you did.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

But imagine all the fan-fiction and cross over potential!!

i'm a boring person so i imagine more of how many people business tactics like these work on.
in all Industries, from just about all Companies.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm a bit bemused by this statement as I've seen a pretty consistent "EA is evil" theme throughout the thread, from both pro-Anthem and anti-Anthem players alike.

Can you blame them? We’re talking about a company with a notorious reputation to shut down studious if their games don’t generate enough revenue, implemented unregulated gambling as an integral part of progression in Star Wars BF 2, took to court to defend said gambling practice in Belgium, has earned a reputation for releasing unfinished games (either technical or content wise) and even let politics ruin one of their own main games. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoninJed said:

I do not understand why anthem is getting so much hate when destiny got great reviews when it released. The biggest complaint that everyone admits to (now) was how bare bones destiny was when it released. It had very little story, no endgame and stupid microtransactions. All these complaints not only match destiny in its early days but warframe as well. I'm guessing most the hate is coming from the mass effect fans who hate anthem because they think it ruined the last andromeda game.

It also comes from people who hate EA which I can understand because they usually ruin games with their greed. But so far with anthem I'm not seeing anything worse with it then I did with these other games. The game play is fun and the weapons all sound great with loud bangs and booms hehe. Oh and the graphics are pretty too. I wont stop playing warframe because of anthem but I dont see any reason why I should pass on it....uh especially when I got it for free hehe.

People are generally right to be angry, loadingscreens/dcs and bugs aside, it's a $60 title and everyone who got early access on the 15th has already cleared all of the content before the game was even fully released for everyone else. You pick up all available weapon types in the game within 1st three missions. And you pick up all abilities for your javelin within two missions of playing with it, after that you just use higher level version of the same 8 weapons for the rest of the game. My biggest issue is there are no melee weapons/customizations, it's literally one hit same as Destiny. And one combo spam for interceptor. Imagine warframe with only Scana available as your melee, only Fortuna Available as the one map, imagine only excal/mag/rhino/volt as the only frames in the game. That is essentially Anthem; that map is an ocean-wide, but gameplay is only ankle-deep. I cannot think of one reason as to why I should pick up anthem once my one month origin access runs out. I am max level with near-max gear, by comparison, it took me 3000 hours in warframe to get to the point of running out of things to do.  Maybe Anthem will be worth it in a year when they had time to add in some more content. 

1 hour ago, FlyingDice said:

Who ever even bought ME: Andromeda?

rob riggle raise hand GIF by Team Coco

I personally still think it could be an active success of theirs now tbh...They just didn't continue to support and iterate on it enough.

While the jury is still out, for me, on whether the game has legs long-term...The bulk of the stuff folks are on about regarding Anthem is obviously going to get addressed in patches over time. 

I'm glad to see the properties being classy with each other though as we all know they are going to share a measure of each other's playerbase.

• Like 1

It’s nice.

Good to see.

DE are well placed to appreciate how hard it is to get this kind of game just to the release phase.

They also know the difficulties waiting ahead of Anthem’s live team.

Being celebrated by peers is probably what they need to hear right now.

Thinking back, warframe at release was by no means the game we know, love and occasionally curse when rngesus takes a dump in our relic bag.

It’s been a long road to get here for DE and hopefully Anthem’s team will be given the opportunity to make a similar journey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Sorry -- that's not so much this thread, more gaming communities generally (for some reason) only within the past few months really seem to be kicking "EA R bad" into the mainstream perspective. Hence the prevailing issue of this era with people aiding and abetting anti-consumer behavior re: lootboxes, pre-orders, copy-paste rereleases, low-effort sequels to successful titles, &c., all of which are the hallmarks of contemporary EA.

Speaking as someone who has loathed them since they ate Westwood, I'm glad that "casual" / one-title gamers are finally waking up, but jeez has it taken a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

People are generally right to be angry, loadingscreens/dcs and bugs aside, it's a $60 title and everyone who got early access on the 15th has already cleared all of the content before the game was even fully released for everyone else. You pick up all available weapon types in the game within 1st three missions. And you pick up all abilities for your javelin within two missions of playing with it, after that you just use higher level version of the same 8 weapons for the rest of the game. My biggest issue is there are no melee weapons/customizations, it's literally one hit same as Destiny. And one combo spam for interceptor. Imagine warframe with only Scana available as your melee, only Fortuna Available as the one map, imagine only excal/mag/rhino/volt as the only frames in the game. That is essentially Anthem; that map is an ocean-wide, but gameplay is only ankle-deep. I cannot think of one reason as to why I should pick up anthem once my one month origin access runs out. I am max level with near-max gear, by comparison, it took me 3000 hours in warframe to get to the point of running out of things to do.  Maybe Anthem will be worth it in a year when they had time to add in some more content. 

Destiny was bare bones on release and is now considered a flop yet nobody was saying that it was bad when it first released. Anthem has good graphics and the gameplay is fun. I'm curious how many hours you (or the people who supposedly unlocked all the content) put in to anthem. Twenty, thirty forty? Did you find the gameplay fun or bad because it was "ankle deep"...I thought the combo system was nice. If it was bad why put in those hours to blaze through all the content so fast then? 

I'm a fan of warframe (for over 5 years and 4k+ hours) and I'm very aware of the complaints people have had year after year and that's content droughts. Me personally no...I haven't because when I do get bored with warframe I play something else...like anthem hehe. Oh and as for the load times in Anthem well...I think they are exaggerating because I haven't had one load time take more then a minute. I dont know maybe another reason why some people are mad is because they have a older pc and cant max settings so they say the game is awful. Honestly I think people are just jumping on the hate train and it's a shame because the game is fun to play. They showed their 90 day roadmap and I look forward to seeing the game grow.

Oh and that reminds me any other people here playing and enjoying anthem looking for someone to team up with let me know. My anthem name is..RoninJed hehe.

Edited by RoninJed
  • Like 1