Jump to content

*UPDATED* DE and Bioware #lifttogether #strongalonestrongertogether Anthem and Warframe are mates!


Recommended Posts

On 2019-02-23 at 9:30 PM, RoninJed said:

Destiny was bare bones on release and is now considered a flop yet nobody was saying that it was bad when it first released. Anthem has good graphics and the gameplay is fun. I'm curious how many hours you (or the people who supposedly unlocked all the content) put in to anthem. Twenty, thirty forty? Did you find the gameplay fun or bad because it was "ankle deep"...I thought the combo system was nice. If it was bad why put in those hours to blaze through all the content so fast then? 

I'm a fan of warframe (for over 5 years and 4k+ hours) and I'm very aware of the complaints people have had year after year and that's content droughts. Me personally no...I haven't because when I do get bored with warframe I play something else...like anthem hehe. Oh and as for the load times in Anthem well...I think they are exaggerating because I haven't had one load time take more then a minute. I dont know maybe another reason why some people are mad is because they have a older pc and cant max settings so they say the game is awful. Honestly I think people are just jumping on the hate train and it's a shame because the game is fun to play. They showed their 90 day roadmap and I look forward to seeing the game grow.

 

Oh and that reminds me any other people here playing and enjoying anthem looking for someone to team up with let me know. My anthem name is..RoninJed hehe.

About 30 hours, already geared two javelins to the max. Would've been a  lot faster if I played solo, but I was taking my time with it, playing with friends, waiting on them to catch up in the story, repeating their missions. Combat was fun and fluid, but there is no loot to get in that looter shooter. I know they will add more stuff to it, but I really hate that game-model because Anthem is not free-to-play and it is not sold like an early access on steam, it's a full $60 game. Destiny suffered at the same issues and caught the same exact hate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Sure.

I wonder how DE would react if Anthem didn't have one of the worst releases in the history of triple A titles. 🙂

In all honesty, I think probably the same way.

It's still nice to welcome the new kid to your lawn.

DE, generally speaking, love games and openly take inspiration from other titles. I have lost count of the games they've referenced on stream, or played for inspiration and research.

Steve, in particular, can be like a little kid. He'll see something he likes in another game and he tries to Frankenstein it into Warframe. It's one of the cool things about DE, but it's also one of the things that makes having a less hodgepodge and grab bag Warframe impossible (Lunaro was Rocket League, Bombing Run from Unreal Tournament, and Lacrosse if memory serves).

I think they see themselves in that same light; part of the ever-changing landscape of gaming, and affecting change with what they've created.

I think DE would be just as proud of the influence they've had on the gaming landscape, just as welcoming of Anthem, had it had a great release.

I think it would be just as smart to remind people they exist from a business standpoint.

Edited by Rhekemi
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

About 30 hours, already geared two javelins to the max. Would've been a  lot faster if I played solo, but I was taking my time with it, playing with friends, waiting on them to catch up in the story, repeating their missions. Combat was fun and fluid, but there is no loot to get in that looter shooter. I know they will add more stuff to it, but I really hate that game-model because Anthem is not free-to-play and it is not sold like an early access on steam, it's a full $60 game. Destiny suffered at the same issues and caught the same exact hate. 

But destiny got like 8 and 9s from most critics when it released. I didnt see anywhere near the hate that anthem is getting. Also it takes longer to level up playing solo in anthem. I play with randoms all the time and got about 20 hours in. I'm Level twenty and nowhere near maxing any of the three javelins that I got. I've seen where it can take 20 to 25 hours just to complete the story...not counting any side missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-25 at 6:22 PM, Ventura_Highway said:

I know that it feels good to see anything EA related fail, but I'll add to statement this that Digital Extremes was certainly not in the best state leading up to the open beta of Warframe, where we are perhaps even now(?).

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-story-of-warframe-how-a-game-no-publisher-wanted-found-26-million-players/

Further, Warframe as a concept has existed as early 2000 as the original idea of Dark Sector, which they apparently absolutely could not sell to any publisher and had to retool it into the Dark Sector we now know.

This situation demands an appreciable measure of respect towards Anthem. A lot can change in a year's time. That said, I am happy to see any company where money becomes the alpha and omega suffer for it.

You (aswell as many others) miss one important thing though. Anthem isnt in some beta release state. It is a full and miserable 1.0 release, keeping the trend of 2018 AAA releases going strong. WF had little dev time prior to the beta release. So both games really sit here now with a 6-7 year development time to reach where they are now. It will be extremely hard for Anthem, which is published by EA, to get the attention and resources it needs after the failed releases in order for it to turn it around in a WF/DE fashion and pick up those millions of players.

It the sales dont go up drastically by the end of march we might see BW on the chopping block soon with a skeleton crew left to "support" Anthem for the promised 2019 patches. If EA doesnt follow their standard and axe what they deem not worthy of life support.

Edited by SneakyErvin
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yeah, cause it had way more content on launch and actual LOOT in a Looter Shooter.

1550961659121.jpg

Yet you said this earlier hehe.

 

22 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

 Destiny suffered at the same issues and caught the same exact hate. 

Also that actual loot...was terrible and the endgame was bad. Nobody talks how it can take almost ten minutes flying across the entire map in Anthem. 

Edited by RoninJed
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

I'm not SenariousNex, though?

Look at who are you quoting before laughing at yourself.

Oh my bad..but what I said was still true. People forget how destiny lacked content yet got great reviews even though now its considered a flop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-23 at 8:38 AM, angias said:

Even now athem has more probability to become a great game than warframe did

it never will be. the combination of modern Bioware and EA is a recipe for mediocrity at best. the core concept could be great yes, as long as it was made by a different developer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW... the same issues that Anthem is currently facing, DE also dealt with and was quite frankly.... very... VERY fortunate to escape. They got in at the right time, during the very beginning of Early Access, and that is the only reason they were given chances to fix this game and survive through the myriad years of "beta". Early access is now toxic phrase for consumers, in small part due to DE. Are they the biggest Early Access offender?....No. But still an Early Access offender. And if DE tried to pull that crap today, in 2019, it would not fly today, they'd be dead. Sure... they did not ask for a 50-60 dollars up front like Anthem does, but frankly Anthem's beginning is very similar to Warframe's. A nice looking game with not much to do in it but a lot of repetitive game play, sound familar?. That basically been Warframe since the beginning! So DE can rag on Bioware and EA all they want, its pot calling the tea kettle black. DE's still got work to do with this game.

We just expect far, FAR better from Bioware given their pedigree and track record, we expect far less out of DE at this point with theirs. If Bioware does die it's a very sad day for the industry. If DE closed up shop, who really would care?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You (aswell as many others) miss one important thing though. Anthem isnt in some beta release state. It is a full and miserable 1.0 release, keeping the trend of 2018 AAA releases going strong. WF had little dev time prior to the beta release. So both games really sit here now with a 6-7 year development time to reach where they are now. It will be extremely hard for Anthem, which is published by EA, to get the attention and resources it needs after the failed releases in order for it to turn it around in a WF/DE fashion and pick up those millions of players.

It the sales dont go up drastically by the end of march we might see BW on the chopping block soon with a skeleton crew left to "support" Anthem for the promised 2019 patches. If EA doesnt follow their standard and axe what they deem not worthy of life support.

Well, I was aware it was released, but I didn't understand how apparently calamitous this release was. Development started in 2012, with half the copies of Andromeda, if Wikipedia is accurate.

A sincere question, do you happen to know how many resources BioWare dedicated to Anthem while it was being produced? A quick glance at their timeline says they released Andromeda and Dragon Age Inquisition during the time Anthem was developed. I think it's worth factoring in the weight of the other projects going on alongside Anthem, Then again, I'd imagine they have more resources than DE did, as a AAA studio.

I guess I also wonder how they tested Anthem? We know DE stuck Warframe out and got to where we are now by working out one kink at a time while steadily introducing new content, maybe adding a few more kinks. I think this model is superior to whatever BioWare has done, which I admittedly have little clue of right now.

Edited by Ventura_Highway
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hekkatos said:

it never will be. the combination of modern Bioware and EA is a recipe for mediocrity at best. the core concept could be great yes, as long as it was made by a different developer.

Yeah unfortunately most people's opinions are influenced by reviews or by what some streamer says. I think warframe is better then destiny but Im sure destiny has made way more money then DE ever will from warframe. I remember Warframe getting reviews like anthem when it first released...glad I didnt let them sway my opinion hehe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Yeah unfortunately most people's opinions are influenced by reviews or by what some streamer says. I think warframe is better then destiny but Im sure destiny has made way more money then DE ever will from warframe. I remember Warframe getting reviews like anthem when it first released...glad I didnt let them sway my opinion hehe.

If EA wasn't lurking the shallows I would say this is a valid opinion of Warframe's success and the same boon Bioware could easily enjoy in about two years of constant development while addressing the inherit first day issues when supported by a player base...but, It seems so much is in the air with the "spike pit" below when you factor in Electronic Arts and how they have decimated so many talented developer studios due to the bottom line and over the march of implementing predatory monetization schemes into everything they touch...

 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

If EA wasn't lurking the shallows I would say this is a valid opinion of Warframe's success and the same boon Bioware could easily enjoy in about two years of constant development while addressing the inherit first day issues when supported by a player base...but, It seems so much is in the air with the "spike pit" below when you factor in Electronic Arts and how they have decimated so many talented developer studios due to the bottom line and over the march of implementing predatory monetization schemes into everything they touch...

 

Oh I absolutely agree EA is bad about doing all that. I also should be honest and point out that I never followed or was hyped for anthem because of EA. I too would've passed on Anthem but I got it for free with my graphics card. So I guess thats why I've been really surprised by it. Also i think the monetization of cosmetics (so far) is really fair. You can unlock all the cosmetics by playing and it's not a ridiculous grind for them.

Edited by RoninJed
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TalonBlue said:

BTW... the same issues that Anthem is currently facing, DE also dealt with and was quite frankly.... very... VERY fortunate to escape. They got in at the right time, during the very beginning of Early Access, and that is the only reason they were given chances to fix this game and survive through the myriad years of "beta". Early access is now toxic phrase for consumers, in small part due to DE. Are they the biggest Early Access offender?....No. But still an Early Access offender. And if DE tried to pull that crap today, in 2019, it would not fly today, they'd be dead. Sure... they did not ask for a 50-60 dollars up front like Anthem does, but frankly Anthem's beginning is very similar to Warframe's. A nice looking game with not much to do in it but a lot of repetitive game play, sound familar?. That basically been Warframe since the beginning! So DE can rag on Bioware and EA all they want, its pot calling the tea kettle black. DE's still got work to do with this game.

We just expect far, FAR better from Bioware given their pedigree and track record, we expect far less out of DE at this point with theirs. If Bioware does die it's a very sad day for the industry. If DE closed up shop, who really would care?

Well, that and they are charging $60 for what ultimately is an early access delivery of content and features. But that has been the trend with any of the current EA games released.

Months after release Battlefield V still hasn't included all of the features promised in its first reveal trailer. The only thing it launched with was Grand Operations, which only happened because fans threw a fit when EA initially said the game was going to launch without it. They just now updated to include Combined Arms, their promised coop levels. The company feature still doesn't let you save multiple loadouts. You can't drag teammates behind cover as advertised. And, they still have yet to release the battle royale mode that they toted as their pride and joy. Months after release, and the game doesn't have half the modes and features promised or advertised. It was painfully clear that this was a rushed launch, but they still charged $60 for a game that really should be advertised as early access.

Anthem is another prime example. It has laid out a solid foundation for the game to improve and build on.  But that still doesn't change the fact that it is sorely lacking in content and basic quality of life features. And yet they still have the price tag of a premium, finished AAA game.

EA releases games in states very similar to Early Access, but they don't advertise it as such. They continually releases games in "peace-meal" updates; you buy the core foundation for $60, and they slowly build it up to the game they advertised or promised.

Edited by IntheCoconut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad how past the first page its just a bunch of people wishing for a game they dont even play to fail, now imagine all those other games wishing the same about your favorite game. I dont play anthem just dont really see why you all hate on stuff that has zero impact on you. really dont understand why the play base is so salty

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...