Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Changes: Phase 1

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, Csaszar said:

Are you aware that theese changes support only star chart lvl enemies and its a huge nerf to the overalk melee efectiveness?

If not try to look past the fancy moves.

What specifically?

None of the damage numbers are being touched at this stage. No point getting angry at something that hasn't even been confirmed yet.

This actually lets us do some even crazier stuff, like mixing in Condition Overload with stance-buffed melee attacks. For example - CO-magnified slash procs on Rapiers.

2 hours ago, moooooski said:

Its a free game man dont complain

What, we shouldn't ask for quality?

so this keeps bugging me and i don't know if anyone else notices this. but for the displayed "uninterrupted combat" for titania's 4th ability. literally nothing has changed that i could notice, from live. since she is archwing. she already has instant use of melee and her guns. just don't pull out your melee weapon since it doesn't give you any actual benefit. so it baffles me they would display titania as though there is any change to her.4

if i am wrong on this can someone point out to me what im missing?  genuinely curious if this is just my imagination or not

1 hour ago, shinkido said:

so this keeps bugging me and i don't know if anyone else notices this. but for the displayed "uninterrupted combat" for titania's 4th ability. literally nothing has changed that i could notice, from live. since she is archwing. she already has instant use of melee and her guns. just don't pull out your melee weapon since it doesn't give you any actual benefit. so it baffles me they would display titania as though there is any change to her.4

if i am wrong on this can someone point out to me what im missing?  genuinely curious if this is just my imagination or not

Can you block with archmelee active? I honestly don’t remember but if so, it would technically mean she can auto-block with Diwata.

More to the point, remember that currently, quick melee is instant, but there’s a holster anim to redraw the gun afterward. Melee 2.9 kills that; melee is instant, but gunfire after a melee strike is ALSO instant. That will be a buff even to archwing.

2 minutes ago, RhythmScript said:

Can you block with archmelee active? I honestly don’t remember but if so, it would technically mean she can auto-block with Diwata.

More to the point, remember that currently, quick melee is instant, but there’s a holster anim to redraw the gun afterward. Melee 2.9 kills that; melee is instant, but gunfire after a melee strike is ALSO instant. That will be a buff even to archwing.

blocking in archwing i dont belive is a thing and no you can just straight up go back to instantly shooting while in titania's 4.if you actually shoot. so theres no change. from live. in attacks if your guns are your primary. and not your melee.

if anything the only change i can imagine, and wasent even shown, is that currently if you swap to melee, the ONLY thing you get, is being able to channel. otherwise there is no reason to bring it out fully as quick melee and full melee are exactly the same as far as i am aware.

arch wepons in general dont have stances

1 minute ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

Sword and Shields... How will shield throw effect ground slamming?

i dont think it interacts at all. to throw the shield you have to be preforming a combo and if your doing that, your not in any position to ground slam

7 minutes ago, shinkido said:

i dont think it interacts at all. to throw the shield you have to be preforming a combo and if your doing that, your not in any position to ground slam

I am specifically referring to the 2 that throw shields while airborn.... To ground slam you need to look directly down

Cobra & Crane for example

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

I am specifically referring to the 2 that throw shields while airborn.... To ground slam you need to look directly down

my bad then cause i actually dont know what weapon that is that lets you throw your "shield" while "airborne" 

mind giving the weapon names so i can learn something here?   .

31 minutes ago, shinkido said:

my bad then cause i actually dont know what weapon that is that lets you throw your "shield" while "airborne" 

mind giving the weapon names so i can learn something here?   .

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

Cobra and Crane

Sigma and Octantis does this too, and in fact it's a bit more useful and powerful due to opening enemies to finishers as well as the CC potential. I'm slightly concerned about this as well, so it would be appreciated if we got more info.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

Cobra and Crane

have this weapon never used it dident know it could do that and now have me wanting to figure out how it works. but hoinestly to answe your origional question. i would imagine if just throwing the shield, and your holding the blade still, i would imagine the ground slm would still go off. its not like a glaive that would leave you weaponless when you throw it.  

make sence??

3 minutes ago, shinkido said:

have this weapon never used it dident know it could do that and now have me wanting to figure out how it works. but hoinestly to answe your origional question. i would imagine if just throwing the shield, and your holding the blade still, i would imagine the ground slm would still go off. its not like a glaive that would leave you weaponless when you throw it.  

make sence??

You said yourself you have not used the weapon... So that answer does not fit.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

You said yourself you have not used the weapon... So that answer does not fit.

i am making an assumption based soly on logic. it is not a developer based answer as from that standpoint i wouldent know. but logically speaking. you would sla, down still and the shield would just return to you.  when it dose.

dose this sound like an unreasonable outcome?

8 minutes ago, shinkido said:

i am making an assumption based soly on logic. it is not a developer based answer as from that standpoint i wouldent know. but logically speaking. you would sla, down still and the shield would just return to you.  when it dose.

dose this sound like an unreasonable outcome?

Again you have not used the weapon. I'm not trying to be rude but no that answer does not fit. Part of the weapon is that you throw the weapon while airborne to knock an enemy off their feet. If the diaginal slam change is implemented then the shield throw is either going away completely or being changed. THAT is what I want to know. Your answer is not in anyway answering the question. To throw the shield and slam is kind of redundant and nullifies the effectiveness the shield throw has. The new slam mechanic appears to rag doll the enemies in an AoE. AKA knocking down ALL enemies in the area and sending them flying away from impact location. The shield throw knocks down one enemy basically where it is standing and opens them up for a ground finisher. This mechanic adds a uniqueness to these weapons that honestly aren't very good on their own. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

Again you have not used the weapon. I'm not trying to be rude but no that answer does not fit. Part of the weapon is that you throw the weapon while airborne to know an enemy off their feet. If the diaginal slam change is implemented then the shield throw is either going away completely or being changed. THAT is what I want to know. Your answer is not in anyway answering the question. To throw the shield and slam is kind of redundant and nullifies the effectiveness the shield throw has. The new slam mechanic appears to rag doll the enemies in an AoE. AKA knocking down ALL enemies in the area and sending them flying away from impact location. The shield throw knocks down one enemy basically where it is standing and opens them up for a ground finisher. This mechanic adds a uniqueness to these weapons that honestly aren't very good on their own. 

points entierly fair and valid. though i will point this out once as i am not sure how often this has been the case, i don't remember every demonstration in streams.

1. ground slam already has an innate chance to knock enemies down/away.

2 during the demonstrations of the slam. most of the time they used the gram prime or  the paracesis. which BOTH have insane knock up/down for some reason and MOST other weapons don't have that

i am no longer trying to answer the question due to my lack of knowledge. but i am not of the belief they would remove something unique about the weapons like throwing the shield while airborne. this is my current belief. and i could be easily mistaken.its not like it hasent happened before in this game..

considering its literally only 2 weapons i could see them removing the ability to throw the shield, to keep everything uniform, just as much as i could see them keeping it. to keep the sword and shield of those two weapons gimmicks unique

ultimately, unless someone from de answers this, we have to wait and see how it goes 

6 minutes ago, shinkido said:

points entierly fair and valid. though i will point this out once as i am not sure how often this has been the case, i don't remember every demonstration in streams.

1. ground slam already has an innate chance to knock enemies down/away.

2 during the demonstrations of the slam. most of the time they used the gram prime or  the paracesis. which BOTH have insane knock up/down for some reason and MOST other weapons don't have that

i am no longer trying to answer the question due to my lack of knowledge. but i am not of the belief they would remove something unique about the weapons like throwing the shield while airborne. this is my current belief. and i could be easily mistaken.its not like it hasent happened before in this game..

considering its literally only 2 weapons i could see them removing the ability to throw the shield, to keep everything uniform, just as much as i could see them keeping it. to keep the sword and shield of those two weapons gimmicks unique

ultimately, unless someone from de answers this, we have to wait and see how it goes 

Removing it is entirely possible... hense why the question was asked. It is going to be whatever it is but IF they remove it we are going to have 2 weapons that are just garbage. Not that the game doesn't already have a bunch to begin with but one of those weapons was just added. Seems kinda odd that they would add that and get rid of it so closely in development. 

As for your other points about the AoE they also showed dual daggers, Zaws, Gunblades, Glaive Prime ALL do the same rag doll on stream.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Natfrog123 said:

Removing it is entirely possible... hense why the question was asked. It is going to be whatever it is but IF they remove it we are going to have 2 weapons that are just garbage. Not that the game doesn't already have a bunch to begin with but one of those weapons was just added. Seems kinda odd that they would add that and get rid of it so closely in development. 

As for your other points about the AoE they also showed dual daggers, Zaws, Gunblades, Glaive Prime ALL do the same rag doll on stream.

i did say i dident remember all what was used for the slam demonstration. thanks for the reminder.

octanus was in the game for a long while as a daily reward, and crane was just added. which kind of supports the theory the shield throw will remain (kind of) because its been designed to do that. even knowing soon they would have directional slams.  but its also possible they unnecessarily gave themselves extra work in removing that. and de is no stranger to giving themselves unnecessary extra work.  helios scanner nerf and revert, being 1 example and staticor self damage nurf and revert as example 2.  

as for the aoe. glaive kept getting thrown as far as i remember that spacifically. but if they were all high yield aoe slams. then overall woop woop. they are better than i thought they would be.

i personally am of the opinion that i love the new melee slams. am mixed on swapping to full melee instantly (specifically because i hate some stance mods combos like shimmering blight for example and prefer quick melee to them in general over trying to do combos which are either to slow or have to much movement. would actually like an option for quick melee to still exist but that aint happening but for stances i love his is an automatic win like brutal tide ) loving the effect works.  am not in the slightest looking foward to when the combo multiplier changes come, i would rather keep building a useful combo amping my damage overall than use my built combo for a single heavy attack thank you very much (currently if your good enough you can reach an 8x multiplier which is the stuff of legends,) but that change is not here yet so i'll worry about that later. and ovverall i have a cautiously optimistic outlook on melee 3.0 as a whole.  phase 1 is safe enough in my opinion

rambled on for no reason. felt like putting my thoughts out there

On 2019-02-23 at 7:20 AM, Yoruno said:

Please give us rising attacks

I’ll second this and add that the easiest, most natural approach is to give a lifting launch to the bullet jump. Void Dash already works in sort of this way, it just displaces enemies with physics while void dash doesn’t impart momentum by default. 

Bullet Jumps are already something we’re comfortable doing, they already have a ground hitbox (that isn’t all that useful), it’d be cool to have bullet jumping next to an enemy fling them into the air along with you, leaving them right next to you in air when you go to perform your air attacks.

On 2019-02-22 at 6:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

When interrupting a melee combo with gunfire, dodging, bullet jumping, or any parkour, your next melee attack will resume the combo where it left off (within a window). This simply means taking brief and tactical actions between combo executions is now a valid strategy.

The glory of Dodge Offset is coming to Warframe? :D!

DE pls gib QuadLex melee weapon ❤️

3 hours ago, Hhd667 said:

The glory of Dodge Offset is coming to Warframe? :D!

DE pls gib QuadLex melee weapon ❤️

Now the only thing we need after offset is implemented are "weave"/strong attacks in combos to compliment the system. Wait... strong attacks weren't even covered yet just normal combos and ground slams. I'm getting goosebumps on the possibilities. Not to mention "void trigger mode".

I'm a little worried about these changes killing sprinting polearm attacks. Going fast with Volt while flinging around my polearm is a favourite pasttime for me. Having a stance equipped, which, I'm assuming, the instant switching means, ruins the feeling (and usefulness, to be honest) completely.

Archived