Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Changes: Phase 1

[DE]Rebecca

Looks good. Main issue I see is that a lot of people like myself prefer to use Quick Melee instead of stances. It is faster, smoother, and more efficient in many cases, and does not bounce me or the enemies around the map. Specifically, the polearm default melee attack, since it does not interrupt your flow. I wish there was a way to preserve this option. Perhaps a "Quick Melee" stance mod or something that could universally be slotted in to weapons? There are probably better suggestions than that though.

I'd like like to see Venka, Paracesis and/or Sigma & Octantis.  

I really loved melee. 2.0, and when it came out it was probably my favorite moment for this game, I loved and love it now, but am even more excited for this.  Please stay the course however, it sounds like even after the phases have been completed there will be work to be done (Jat Kittag indivudual FX etc) Please stay with it until the end and don't "go dark" to use your phrase.  

Thanks for everything guys and gals!

Wonderful work! Have there been any considerations for improving lock-on methods for melee to improve target tracking especially for future air juggles as many 1v1 battles may benefit from this and boss variations can be more focused on attack patterns that can set them apart from one another. 

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Exalted weapons will also benefit from the uninterrupted swaps!

I actually can't wait to see this in action, and Valkyr Prime would be a very nice demo. I can't begin to count how many times I've gotten bugged trying to pop in and out of Hysteria. I'd love to see her in action.

If channeling is here to stay, any chance for efficiency/power/speed/range rebalance for some weaker melee?

Same would apply to revisiting Riven disposition which currently is questionable.

This one for example could be a great Riven but the weapon is beyond saving when compared to critical+slash monsters and arcane'd Zaws

Bf6gtaJ.jpg

I think this still begs the question of how heavy strike and aiming with the controller is intended now that there are less buttons for it? Change is only good when it improves on what exists, otherwise its just change or even bad change if it makes things worse.

I have one bizarre, niche, indirect concern which is that, if ground slams are no longer directly down (a good change!) but zephyr's divebomb IS still directly down then it's a weird indirect nerf to a warframe, making her less mobile than basic melee when her entire deal is supposed to be mobility. Something kinda similar happened with parkour 2.0, since coptering was no longer a thing, and the Excal rework, since his blade dash just became a better version of Zephyr's Tail Wind.

I only bring up Zephyr because of that indirect nerf thing though. I don't have a problem with any of the actual changes proposed thus far.

If blocking is now “automatic” and implied when facing enemies in melee mode, what will happen to:

1) (currently) existing stances which use blocking as part of a combo string?

2) (after the stance rework) the command-gap-closing-lunge that was supposed to be bound to block+melee?

Have we lost the ability to perform these actions?

Archived