What about quick melee? Combos are way too slow and ineffective for certain situations.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OmegaVitae said:

as a melee main who'll often not even equip any guns at all

I share some of your concerns, as I often do this myself. 

We’ll see I guess, the anticipation is killing me more than anything. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

OPTIONS:
We are adding a toggle to preserve one aspect of the older melee system. You will be able to toggle an option, allowing you to continue melee attacks with the left mouse button once in melee mode.

Yeah, then there is really no problems on here. If I think the new system is better after some try, I will adapt. Even if it isn't, someone will like the new one and I can stick with the old ways. Problem solved.

Thank you for hear the voices of the minority, DE!

Edited by DroopingPuppy

If blocking will be automatic, how that's going to affect Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding mods? 

Will we be able to dual wield with more weapon types than the glaives in the future? Just because it looks cool you know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

CHANNELING
Channeling is now a toggle set to your alt-fire button when in melee mode.
Your 'F' button now exclusively swaps between Primary and Secondary weapons with a tap.
Your left mouse button is gun fire, always, instantly.
Your right mouse button is now aim, always, instantly.

I warned you guys about this and you still did it. This is why PC people hate consoles, separate the channeling button from the A-fire button for all that is holy. Let us bind it to whatever we want.

And do not do toggling. Holding gave you ultimate control and if this is what you are going for, for this new system why take away control away

I do, do fine channeling where i selectively pick who I want to spend my energy on. Press holding made this easy. Toggle is going to be more work by the mere fact that I'm going to have to really look at my frame because toggling always leads to sometimes the toggling not registering.

Do not take away press hold.

Edited by Mak_Gohae
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Everybody get up, it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright...

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine
We're gonna take it into overtime
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright...

• Upvote 1

With the autoblock, can we still parry / Block knockdowns and ancient / scorpion grabs?

Nice, thanks for the update

However... 

My biggest gripe was this, that they broke melees directional output some time ago (with Chimera update).

Hopefully this explains it better. View from above.
Each line represents the distance covered for each melee combo. You used to have distance and directional control depending on your WASD (or joystick) input.

Not anymore, each combo is the same straight line now.

dgjhdghj.png

So melee feels alot jankier right now and I didnt see anything about this mentioned anywhere in the workshop. 
This concern has already been brought into view by multiple players before (since Aug-Oct 2018) but still not a single word from the devs, so not even acknowledged yet...

Link to old post going a little more in-depth:

Edited by Aeron216
  • Upvote 1

Will Operators get Melee Amps? Martial Arts type movements, which can be unlocked via a deeper Tenno School Tier would be nice! Moves which exude Void energy tied to the related school would be what I hope to see! Even similar to the power you gave Baruk's fourth.

So what's going to happen to my Vaykor Sydon? please tell me the charges are going to be static and not lost when you stop blocking or are CC'd

Edited by BreezeKazero
  • Upvote 1

What will happen with throw shield and ground slam for sigma & octantis.

In regards to the melee combo duration, will the be a HUD timer implemented to give us an accurate measure of when our combo multiplier will expire? 

I haven't heard you talk about the intro tutorial in relation to this, are you going to change it along with the phases as to not utterly confuse new players?