Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

is there a limit to how much wolf creds one could earn in total?

from reading the post it seems that you can only get them by ranking up, and if ranks are limited then that could also mean wolf creds are limited too.

2nd question: since there is no daily rep limit to wolf of saturn, does that mean one could binge through the entire content in one go?

thanks!

• Like 2

@[DE]Danielle my partner and I both play warframe and for the past couple of days a strange bug has been affecting her. every time she enters the game audio from the Nora Night can be heard, I can tell it's this character because she introduces herself as she begins speaking.

Edited by Seraphim_Okashira
typo

52 minutes ago, Seraphim_Okashira said:

@[DE]Danielle my partner and I both play warframe and for the past couple of days a strange bug has been affecting her. every time she enters the game audio from the Nora Night can be heard, I can tell it's this character because she introduces herself as she begins speaking.

It's not a bug, it's like a "prologue" to the new system... If you turn on the radio scanner thingy in the orbiter, you'll hear it too. With subtitles if you have those on ^_^

@[DE]Danielle any confirmation whether Wolf Credits will be limited or not? Because if they're limited, it's a serious downgrade from the current system.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Ah! My apologies, that is incorrect. The rest of the Workshop, as you mention, indicates otherwise. I will edit so that there's no confusion, but yes, to reiterate, Wolf Creds are earned by ranking up with Nightwave. 

So this logically means that once you complete the challenges per season towards ranking that 'syndicate' so to speak, for that season you have no more method of gaining rewards until the next season? Would this indicate seasons with small time frames like say completing challenges for Teshin in the Conclave or just a series of tasks akin to us killing these Crewman, Lancers, and Chargers which are aimed at eating up two to three days. I would be interested in details on how this is intended to go down.

12 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

any confirmation whether Wolf Credits will be limited or not? Because if they're limited, it's a serious downgrade from the current system.

If that's how it is, it's really not a downgrade. There's a limited number of Alert Rewards that are available in any given period anyway. Instead of waiting a full month for the rewards you want to cycle around in Alerts, everything will be available in a month-long shop. If you're not interested in the cosmetics, you wouldn't be playing those Alerts in the first place, and you can just spend all your Wolf Creds on more Forma and Orokin Cells than you'd ever see in a month with the current system.

27 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

It's not a bug, it's like a "prologue" to the new system... If you turn on the radio scanner thingy in the orbiter, you'll hear it too. With subtitles if you have those on ^_^

@[DE]Danielle any confirmation whether Wolf Credits will be limited or not? Because if they're limited, it's a serious downgrade from the current system.

thank you for clearing that up. always nice to see you can count on your fellow tenno. ^^

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Ah! My apologies, that is incorrect. The rest of the Workshop, as you mention, indicates otherwise. I will edit so that there's no confusion, but yes, to reiterate, Wolf Creds are earned by ranking up with Nightwave. 

Thanks Danielle!

However, this doesn't answer my initial concerns (and that of a few other players): is there only a limited amount of Wolf Creds you can earn per Nightwave since it's tied to ranking up only? If yes, why?

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

If that's how it is, it's really not a downgrade. There's a limited number of Alert Rewards that are available in any given period anyway. Instead of waiting a full month for the rewards you want to cycle around in Alerts, everything will be available in a month-long shop. If you're not interested in the cosmetics, you wouldn't be playing those Alerts in the first place, and you can just spend all your Wolf Creds on more Forma and Orokin Cells than you'd ever see in a month with the current system.

Well, unless they allow enough wolf credits to make up for more than what the average player gets from event rewards, it might be a sidegrade. But anything less than that will be a downgrade. I, for example, have an alert on my desktop for when they have alerts with items i want, and i log on to do those. So i do a lot of those events.

I have 3 main issues with this new system, which might or might not happen, but we still don't know if this will be working or not.

They're already removing some of the convenience rewards like tellurium, endo, void traces and other stuff, which, without proper alternatives will be pretty damaging, especially for new players.

They're placing the rewards on a store with unknown prices, and with unknown credits from missions. So for example a player that does the 5 Nitains a day plus Aura events, and cosmetics, will he still earn enough in one day to get the same rewards? Anything less than a yes to that answer will be a downgrade.

Finally, the credits are on an expiry date, and the rewards also cycle, which means, that there's a possibility that you'll end up losing credits simply because you've been saving for an item that's out of rotation.

Basically we're trading a system where you can track the current events out of the game through the "API", and pop in to do them as needed for a system where we don't know how much more grinding we'll have to do to get those rewards we were obtaining in 10-20 minutes at their worse case scenario.

And honestly, the last thing we need is LESS reasons to be playing the game, which is what will happen if there's a limited number of missions and credits available with this system, because 80% of the people that play this game with any degree of seriousness will be ploughing through the "story" pretty fast and will likely max the syndicate within a day or so, especially since there's no time-gating, and then, they don't even have random events to have a reason to play the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Wait... So they are limited in number? Unless we can rank up infinitely it will have a ceiling. It appeared much better otherwise, but now... Well, I guess it depends on how many you can earn from ranking up, though it will still limit choice for those climbing up (and it will make expectations much more frustrating as it's not attached to a simple number, but perhaps varying ones).

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

1 hour ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

I would think determining that would greatly depend on how much each option costs of 'Wolf Creds' and how much you get for the limited ranking of the syndicate to unlock those rewards options and creds in the first place.

OMG this is so great. I have spent money and plats to buy slots because there is no way to earn in the game, spent close to 3000 in mission hours and farm for every single Warframes and weapons available only to find out now everything can be done in much lesser time, thank you DE for always making the game experience better and less grindy for new players in the expense of the seasoned players who made you guys who you are now, we were there when no one plays your game, we helped and helped everyone that came our way, who has no idea how to figure this complex game out with open arms.

Change is paramount, we get that, but must every change you implemented or try to implement make us feel like we shouldn’t have started playing this game back in the years, and wish we only knew the game now like other new players, because things are simply so much easier, less grindy and more accessible now? I am sick and tired of helping new players, only to get mocked at at every turn and corner because of I am MR26, something as trivia and ignorant like not dealing the most damage in a mission because I am using desecrate nekros, it happens so often it’s no longer funny and I am no longer willing to help or socialize in the game anymore, the hate is real and it’s sad. I used to stock up Scattered Justice and give out to low MR players so to help them beef up their Hek, as they can advance the game better and enjoy themselves, but since the pass few months, I no longer see the point to do so. 

The game has changed in a big way and I am happy for DE, you finally see the light after the tunnel, you guys work hard and you are a honest and respectable developer and publisher, I always love you for that, and I wish you will strive for greater heights in the future, however, this game and the community is no longer something I enjoy to be part of. 

On 2019-02-23 at 3:15 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Completing challenges will earn you Nightwave Standing and ranking up will reward you with a special kind of currency that expires after the Series has completed. For The Wolf of Saturn Six we are calling this special currency “WOLF CREDS”, which you can earn and spend!

This may sound familiar to Syndicates in some ways, but not in others. Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks. So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that Nightwave "standing" is much more similar to the current Invasions mechanic (i.e. complete more missions in the current Nightwave challenge to accomplish the credit quota) than it is Syndicate rep grinding?

I feel that a lot of people were turned off because of the mere mention of Syndicates, but if my interpretation is correct then this means Nightwave is more like an extended Invasion where completing more missions will garner more currency, which players can choose to spend quickly on lower ranking rewards like materials--or wait and complete the challenges to get those cosmetics and sweet potatoes (no pun intended).

EDIT: For clarification. If I understand it correctly, this is how Nightwave is supposed to work:

As an example, under the current Invasions mechanic we have to complete 3 missions on a given node to get either Detonite Injectors, Fieldron, Mutalist Alad V Coordinates, Mutagen Masses or Vandal/Wraith weapon parts, depending on what was being offered.

BUT: under the Nightwave mechanic, instead of having to do 3 missions we'd have to do, for example, 20 missions all over the star chart for the given duration of the challenge. By completing a given number of missions, we gain credits. For instance:

• Completing 3/20 missions will give us enough money to buy materials. Using Invasions as an analogy, this would probably mean we get enough money to buy Fieldrons or whatever.
  • Completing 7/20 will give us enough money for Mutalist Alad V Coordinates.
  • Completing 12/20 will give us enough money to buy Vandal or Wraith parts, or maybe cosmetics.
  • Completing 20/20 will allow us to buy built Forma or potatoes...or at least the blueprints.

I made the comparison to Invasions because once an Invasion is over, you don't get the rewards you want if you haven't completed the desired number of missions--similar to how the "Wolf Creds" would disappear after Wolf of Saturn expires. However, under this mechanic, you could complete only the number of missions you want depending on which rewards you need and barring real life circumstances, you wouldn't really miss anything that you didn't need.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a grind and if it's anything like making me do Simaris' happy time torture scan requirements or the stupid hot-cold mission in The Second Dream then it might be a tad hit or miss. But if I'm right then this is far from mere Syndicate rep grinding, and I would gladly appreciate it if [DE]Danielle could chime in on the issue.

EDIT 2: I felt I needed to bring this up, but will ranking up require item/credit sacrifices just like Syndicates? Because that would be awfully dumb if it was the case and that sort of thing would only make the grind even worse.

Edited by Substance20

Looks great. Took a break when orb fights were added, because while I liked Fortuna, orb fights and archweapon changes looked like a big disappointment. This looks great however, so I might be back to mess around with it for a while, while waiting for the next mainline update.

The idea of another syndicate, reward store and rep grind made me throw up in my mouth a little. 

Why add another currency? The idea of yet another currency is getting tiresome. Why not just let it be we select our rewards and do the missions for it. 

Keeping track of another currency just sounds nauseating at this point DE. Come up with something different. 

The game is already feeling like a chore list (although fun). Get some Cetus rep, get some Fortuna rep, get some Syndicate rep, get some Quills rep, Get some Kdrive rep....now you're adding get some wolf rep?....bleh?

I hope it's a bit more nuanced than just another syndicate...even if you refuse to call it that

Edit: editing my post after reading more of the thread + replies.

New lore = sounds awesome.

Alert changes = sounds like the Wolf credits will be limited, which might end up something most active players will have the biggest problem with.

For people really busy with life & missing a ton of alerts, I'm sure the system will help.

Anything else I'll reserve judgment on til I see it in action :D

Edited by youngjdef