Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

53 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

2- Diversifying the acquisition of core Warframe goods through Tier Rewards. More ways for you to get the things you want/need which includes debuting purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables. 

Woah woah woah.  We're going to be able to buy slots without plat now?  That's HUGE!   That was the biggest nastiest plat sink in the game, that made it seem the most unfriendly and PTW to new players, and the entire reason you had to keep managing your inventory and tossing stuff you went through all the trouble of making.

Also, readily farmable potatoes?  That is also huge!

I assume these are all limited quanitty per day/week things, but still!  Those are great! 

• Like 4

After just watching the impromptu dev workshop about melee changes this seems like another great QOL change. This seems like a shorter Baro and I'm all for that as my time to play comes in chunks and doesn't allow for me to hop on at a moments notice when a valuable alert comes up. 

After 6 years of playing with them I will miss alerts but this has promise! RIP Alert twitter feed 

10 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Nice, can we have a system like this for Sorties as well?

Steve just mentioned on stream how luck gated systems are outdated for alerts, so why not clean up the sortie rewards as well?
The RnG in there stops me and many of my veteran friends (veteran imo = no life or with the game for ages [1k+ hours]) from even doing them, as daily Anasas, potatoes and boosters aren't rewards but reasons to quit the game for us older players.

I think that would break sorties a little.  Everyone would just go for rivens and legendary cores. 

47 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I do not understand what "tier rewards" are supposed to mean.

the post is written as if this is somehow different from the "cred rewards" shop, but offers no explanation as to what it actually refers to...?

Yes they are indeed different! 

This may sound familiar to Syndicates in some ways, but not in others. Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks. So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! 

Can we still have Alerts for Nightmare missions?  Or can Nightmare missions tell you want you're gonna get if you run it instead of being random?  It's a lot easier to get folks to help with these when they're alerts and have a specific mod to get.  It's hard to get people to run them normally.  If they just gave a specific mod for a period of time that would be great.  Also, doing Alerts was the best way to get Tellurium.  Getting them from missions is way too much of a pain and most of the time you could do archwing missions over and over and not get even one.  At least Alerts were a guaranteed way to get one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Senedar said:

Can we have a small note besides the timer stating "This currency expires when the timer resets" please? I can already feel shivers from explaining to people on region how it works.

Oh! To clarify, the Wolf Creds do not expire at the end of this particular timer. That timer simply indicates the length of that particular reward rotation within the Nightwave Series. In other words, Creds only expire after the whole Series has come to a complete close. 

• Like 1

So, what's the point of time gating these again? Cause if it really isn't because of monetization, as Steve said, then I genuinely see no reason for the time-gating of "Wolf-Creds". What's the point of playing this mode if you can't save up on currency for when stuff you need does pop-up?

Like, this mode will drop, I'll do like 1-2 missions to get the Wolf-Creds I need for that brand new thing they have, then I'll ignore it until the next season cause there's no point in playing cause I already have everything else? That doesn't exactly sound like an improvement on Alets. At least with Alerts, if something caught my eye, like Nitain or Kavat DNA, I would have done the mission for the heck of it, cause I could stockpile that stuff even if I didn't need it. But it sounds like there's no point in doing that with Nightwaves, since I can't stockpile anything. I get what I want and that's that? ...Why?

Genuinely, why is there a need for Wolf-Creds to expire? Why can't we have Night-Creds and roll them through seasons. At least that would feel rewarding, not like I'm wasting my time.

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Robby_Bevard:

I think that would break sorties a little.  Everyone would just go for rivens and legendary cores. 

just balance it accordingly - let's say 1 sortie gives 2 tokens. A riven is 5, legendary core is 200-300.

So you'd get a riven every 3rd  sortie or a legendary core every 3-4 months. Just throwing some random numbers in here that correspond to the current dropchance. You could also still keep endo, credits, ducats, void traces, relics and other basic rewards as a completion bonus for each daily sortie.

This change would give us players the control and reduce the RnG involved. Especially if you could choose what kind of Riven you could buy. An often named criticism of the River system is that it is gated behind different levels of RnG a token system would remove one of these levels. Which in result would allow greater availability of Rivens, which could then reduce the market price of them.

• Like 1

I for one welcome our new Nightwave overlord! The fact that we'll be able to farm for potatos on our time and schedule is an amazing QOL change. No more getting up at 4 am to turn on my PS4, PC or Switch (why am I on 3 platforms again? I think I have a problem.) to run an alert then try to get back to sleep is dope. Plus more lore and stuff to chase. Y'all are killing it up there. Keep it up!

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, what's the point of time gating these again? Cause if it really isn't because of monetization, as Steve said, then I genuinely see no reason for the time-gating of "Wolf-Creds". What's the point of playing this mode if you can't save up on currency for when stuff you need does pop-up?

Like, this mode will drop, I'll do like 1-2 missions to get the Wolf-Creds I need for that brand new thing they have, then I'll ignore it until the next season cause there's no point in playing cause I already have everything else? That doesn't exactly sound like an improvement on Alets. At least with Alerts, if something caught my eye, like Nitain or Kavat DNA, I would have done the mission for the heck of it, cause I could stockpile that stuff even if I didn't need it. But it sounds like there's no point in doing that with Nightwaves, since I can't stockpile anything. I get what I want and that's that? ...Why?

Genuinely, why is there a need for Wolf-Creds to expire? Why can't we have Night-Creds and roll them through seasons. At least that would feel rewarding, not like I'm wasting my time.

umm...angry much.

Edited by Chappie1975

1 hour ago, Ventura_Highway said:

Like, let me elaborate. Nightmare mode is where you rush a given mission repeatedly for a one-off chance of a given mod. They are weighted to favor certain mods, of course. Spamming missions is nothing new in Warframe but encouraging going into Nightmare mode is an unfortunate sacrifice for the improvements to the alert system because nightmare mode is just as engaging as starchart content, which is to say not really at all.

In the future it might be better to add them to harder difficulty "new alerts."

I would love to see more varied modifiers and along with that make them "visual" i would love nightmare mode to have something special happen in them, doesn't have to be much. as an example, the light could be out like in the chains of harrow quest, or stuff is on fire or there's a red filter when there increased slash and bleed proc, it would make it so much more fun! 😄

• Like 1

Okay, here's an immediate question that I'd like to get an answer: seeing as this is an episodic type of change wherein lore and stories (maybe rewards for newer players), does this mean that it is still possible to miss the previous episode? I really enjoy the lore, especially with how Warframe is growing and the lore continuously expanding with each new update, would you be doing this in such a way that:

1. The first episode of Nightwave, Wolfs of Saturn Six, will be available on release and will always be the starting point of all new and old players, regardless of when they started playing or interacting with this system?
  2. Players are able to regress, advance or choose a specific episode of Nightwave among all the current available Nightwaves (given that new episodes has been released), allowing them to learn more about the lore (and or gain rewards) specific for that episode?
  3. Players begin at the current episode of Nightwave and goes from there, rendering them unable to learn about lore (and or rewards) from the previous episodes?

I hope I can get your answers on this, even if it's not a definite answer, but at least the idea you guys have in mind.

• Like 1

Well, the random alert that rewarded Control Module allowed me to build my first frame (Rhino Systems) without spending days to reach Europa and Void. Sure I have thousands of them now  "easily/passively earned" from missions, but that one single Control Module was extremely important for me and the alert was a godsend.

19 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I kind of agree with this.  As it stands now, I just kind do Alerts when something interests me pops up and I'm around to do it.  With this system coming, what's the point of doing that?  It's just something I do to get what I want, then never mess with again.  I thought the point of Alerts was to keep players engaged with constantly moving things so they have something do to kill time.  If the points are going to expire, then there's no point in bothering after you get what you want.  Which can lower the potential pool of players doing the content at all.

• Like 1

Very interesting change. I think this has the potential to be a significant upgrade to the game. The devil will be in the details, though. This will either further obfuscate the new-player experience and add a bunch of extra (bad) grind, or open the game up to easier progression and rewards in a fun, intuitive way. I seriously hope we have the opportunity to do some really tough-as-nails optional "Elite" missions, too. It'll be a shame if I have to grind out 5-10 super boring Nightwave missions for a single potato. Let's hope "Nightwave" isn't born from "up all night nuking waves". But if I can hit that Elite version for instant rewards, I'm all in.

22 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The same reason why you can't buy Fortuna related item with the Cetus standing. New stuff comes out, you have to farm to get it, otherwise we can all stop playing the game today.

Wow that looks amazing. I specifically liked the following part.

2- Diversifying the acquisition of core Warframe goods through Tier Rewards. More ways for you to get the things you want/need which includes debuting purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables. 

A very generous thing to add imo.