[DE]Danielle

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

I agree that the only drawback to this system I think is either time gating or not being able to funnel players towards content (speculatively so far) to ensure full squads like the alerts do currently. I can SORT of see where the time gating is coming from in an effort to keep too many players farming a ton of creds, buying the shops stock out, and then not pursuing that content in other ways, but it's a slippery slope.

To explain in the alert system you currently go all in with others towards awards that are only available for a limited time. Without some kind of urgency you don't get players funneled towards the content, I get that. And if players could farm for Nitain/etc permanently all the time it could break any future grinds like say a new prime if they've already bought everything they need to make/craft the new content. But I think having the currency itself be time gated is something I'll have to see to be on board with when the event goes live.

Ducats already provide a very specific currency that works in limited time frames similar to this so I think in an effort to make it seem more "interesting" there's some people who will cry foul at possibly being shuffled towards a shop option to buy creds on top of plat.

I love the idea of being able to grind out what I want when I want, and like 90% of the system you're presenting. I think the content is spot on minus the time gating of the affinity/currency system you're providing, UNLESS of course you possibly consider implementing a "conversion" system for the future. So say the next event is a "Fox" event and we can convert wolf creds to Fox trots or something.

I get "why" but I still don't know if I "like it"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Erudin said:

Hopefully there isn’t a “cred cap” like the “standing caps”?

All standings stuffs will have cap. It's a DE design culture.

@[DE]Danielle could you explain a bit better how Wolf Creds are gained?

As for now (at least for me) the only sources of Wolf Creds are rank promotion (and that also means they are one-time grant and cannot be grinded from this source) and challenges (of which we know extremely little). Are challenges repeatable? Are they ranked? Will you explain a bit more on them?

According to the name (The Wolf of Saturn) does it imply that those newbies without Saturn unlocked will be locked out of the new system completely (unlike alerts, that was available everywhere)?

Because with "War on the Grineer" the corresponding alert was essentially locked out from new players that was not progressed past Europe.

13 minutes ago, kyori said:

No daily cap for Nightwaves! 

• Like 7
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3

Will the phone app be updated to include the information related to the new system?   While you're at it, it would be really nice if it also included info on ongoing special events, tactical alerts, and Cetus/Fortuna bounties.

No daily caps? I'm way more excited for this update to come out now. Was actually worried about this when I first started seeing this shown.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So you can keep doing the same challenge over and over again? It's not like alerts where you can only do it once and then wait for a new one to appear?

Hi Danielle. I might have read wrong but there's something not really clarified here.

To get items you need "Wolf Credits" but to earn Wolf Credits, you need to rank up. So there's no way to stack up Wolf Credits indefinitely? From what I read, you only gain standing from completing challenges, not Wolf Credits. Does that mean the total amount of "event credits" is limited per Nightwave series, meaning it's not possible to get all the items in the rotation?

I'd like some clarifications if possible. Thank you

25 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It's only been referred to as... daily/weekly challenges, correct? Are those endlessly repeatable for creds, then, or are they still essentially capped by being daily things?

3 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Hi Danielle. I might have read wrong but there's something not really clarified here.

To get items you need "Wolf Credits" but to earn Wolf Credits, you need to rank up. So there's no way to stack up Wolf Credits indefinitely? From what I read, you only gain standing from completing challenges, not Wolf Credits. Does that mean the total amount of "event credits" is limited per Nightwave series, meaning it's not possible to get all the items in the rotation?

I'd like some clarifications if possible. Thank you

Standing for challenges = Wolf Credits, and you'll more than likely be able complete them more than once

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You can expect “Elite Weekly” challenges for those looking to earn more faster. The challenges can range from completing certain mission types to performing certain actions/tasks and everything in between.  

I loved everything I read and am super excited about the Nightwave, only the quote above made me a little concerned about what these "elite" challenges will be. I just really, really hope it's not stuff similar to riven challenges... I'd rather do challenging missions against high level enemies with gear restrictions and sortie like modifiers or some such than perform those menial riven challenges. 

20 minutes ago, Jynx41174 said:

Standing for challenges = Wolf Credits, and you'll more than likely be able complete them more than once

It's stated otherwise.

"Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks.So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! "

From my understanding:
- Standing =/= Wolf Creds
- Standing is used to rank up, not buying items
- You get Wolf Creds from ranking up with standing
- Wolf Creds is used to buy items in the Nightwave

Therefore, if it's like any other syndicates, there's a limited number of ranks. If you get creds only from ranking up, it means you get a limited amount of credits since there's a finite number of ranks.

That's where my concern and request for clarification comes from.

Edited by Casardis

3 hours ago, Moosh101 said:

If this new system abides by the standing cap I might scream. This entire game is pretty much built on timegating, and where you can bypass that with plat, i.e. rushing build times, I can understand the purpose. As far as I'm concerned, though, the standing limit serves no purpose beyond making me wait 5 days to do something I could've done in 1.

if i have to choose between luck based (acolytes event) and timegating (syndicate)

i would pick timegating.

its not fun to play the game to death and not getting anything you want!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium-Dog said:

There's more than one way to scan a cat......? 👍

(Anyone? No? Ok bye!)

I did not want to make it so obvious 😉

1 hour ago, kyori said:

doubt it

even its gonna expire in the end

no need to cap it

i think its a diablo season thing. you start new on each season

It's looking pretty nice! I'm excited about more worldbuilding, as always. Patiently waiting for it to drop.

8 minutes ago, Casardis said:

It's stated otherwise.

"Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks.So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! "

From my understanding:
- Standing =/= Wolf Creds
- Standing is used to rank up, not buying items
- You get Wolf Creds from ranking up with standing
- Wolf Creds is used to buy items in the Nightwave

Therefore, if it's like any other syndicates, there's a limited number of ranks. If you get creds only from ranking up, it means you get a limited amount of credits since there's a finite number of ranks.

That's where my concern and request for clarification comes from.

from my understanding, each wolf mission will reward you standing (like syndicate) and wolf creds (like traces)

How long does each series last? it was mentioned that the first 'wave' of the series would last about two weeks. What happens to the currency when the event expires? does it simply dissolve into thin air like Argon? Does it become something that sits in our inventory forever and is useless?  Are these perhaps on a rotating 'season', where we might see wolf again in about a year?

4 hours ago, djtotato said:

from my understanding, each wolf mission will reward you standing (like syndicate) and wolf creds (like traces)

That's what I'd like to think but nowhere in the opening post does it state it. All instances of Wolf Cred gain is from "ranking up" in the workshop so far.

EDIT: Ah I found it!
"The current Alert rewards will be moved into a “Cred Offerings” store, where they can be purchased with currency earned from completing Acts (challenges) and ranking up with Nightwave. Reward tiers will also be available, debuting with some purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables (along with some items new to Warframe!)"

Edited by Casardis
  • Upvote 1

Can you at least give some padding around the "wolf credits" expiring?

As a teacher my schedule can be a bit random and it'd be nice to have a couple of days after the end date to spend my "wolf credits" before they disappear.

Excellent, excited for new narratives, characters and reward structure!