Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

Not a fan of this change at all. It will only introduce more grinding. Both for the standing and for the cred. There are already way too many daily stuff to do, please don't add more.

I like alerts more because we just have to clear an alert once to get the reward. With the Nightwave it sounds that we have to grind a certain number of missions just to pick a reward.

I suggest each nightwave mission gives us a choice of one item from the reward pool and make it unavailable to choose again for the duration of the event, or until a week passes, to prevent people from farming catalysts/reactors/etc. You can still give the rewards from the standing for people who like to do everything.

• Like 1

Hm, I don't appreciate having to further split my attention/time. If I go online and see something in an alert that I want, I go get it, simple. Now I'm going to have to grind at least probably 5 different missions for 1 item. I don't play Warframe aggressively anymore, nor do I want to. I enjoy the passive experience of slowly getting stronger, hence why I detest the Eidolons and the open world resource system. I don't mind a few bosses here and there but if they require me to get things from 20 other missions, I really won't appreciate it.

Why not have both? You can still encounter alerts with the stuff you want, but if not you can spend the time to get the wolf creds to buy it.

• Like 1

I love the concept, it sounds way more interesting than the Alert system we have currently. 

My biggest concern is that the rewards are basically the exact same things we've been seeing on Alerts for years and, outside of catalysts/reactors and nitain, that's not enticing for people who have already gotten most/all the cosmetic or weapon rewards offered by Alerts.  There needs to be some new stuff in the offering.

2 hours ago, TheUnwanted said:

Hm, I don't appreciate having to further split my attention/time. If I go online and see something in an alert that I want, I go get it, simple. Now I'm going to have to grind at least probably 5 different missions for 1 item. I don't play Warframe aggressively anymore, nor do I want to. I enjoy the passive experience of slowly getting stronger, hence why I detest the Eidolons and the open world resource system. I don't mind a few bosses here and there but if they require me to get things from 20 other missions, I really won't appreciate it.

Why not have both? You can still encounter alerts with the stuff you want, but if not you can spend the time to get the wolf creds to buy it.

This was what my brother told me... I mean he's the type that goes in to do an alert, then leave.
This might discourage him from playing at all... It will really depend on how rewarding they are.
If it pushes for more farming than the old system, then it'll fail. It really needs to be very well tuned in terms of the rewards and time spent for stuff that you could get in a single alert.

No more 300 oxium alerts ? Eh a shame. I know of a few rookies who get by from 3000 ferrite or 1500 circuit alerts.
A shame to see them go though.

As for the new currency ? Not much a fan at all. Syndicate exp is already a form of currency that we redeem.
Why need more currency ? Heck I am fine if the Night wave syndicate standing resets after every season. but we do not need to double dip with another currency.

I for one am pretty excited about this new system. I love when lore gets added to the game in general.

My only hangup across the entire thing for the most part is that wolf credits expire. You say you want to eliminate pay to sleep, but what if people have obligations on like the last day, and because of that the game just goes "Whoops didn't spend your currency in time and it's gone, well gosh, shouldn't have had obligations."

Granted, this is probably something people are only weary about because we don't know how these really operate, the time investment required, or how long it'll hold players interests. We're only getting a general idea of the general framework of what it's gonna be from the OP post, lots of implications, and a reward list. Guess we'll see when it comes out, I suppose.

• Like 1

I added my piece to this a few days back & after a little more thought,  I gotta say, I really dont like the sound of this, no literally, its name & such sound horrible for what it is, first of all why the hell do people attach a number to the end of a planet name & assume it works? Shouldnt there be a saturn 2-5 for 6th to be named?

And Nightwave? Sounds like something my old Werewolf the apocalypse or Vampire the Masquerade groups wouldve used, in this it has NO context & does NOT invoke the idea of setting out on a series of Missions ev9king murderous slaughter, Stealing tech, or doing anything at all really, how about PROJECT nightwave, at least it evokes an I am undertaking a broad sweeping action engaged in by many.

Just sounded really unappealing right from the get go, maybe its implementation will have it make sense, otherwise, still gonna say as for alerts, I suggest looking up some phrase about babies & bathwater & throwing them out some such sort or another & ill hope The Switch version of this comes WAAAAY down the line so the system can be tested & ill know what to expect rather than the usual trial by fire with these big content updates & cryptic or confusing explanations for things.

Ill hold out hope im just being a twit.

• Like 1

my only question  is when..i much like the new setup......But When..Keep up the good work ..i like this Very muchly..,;the shop 4 the items,,excellent idea.having that is going to improve our modding of Frames and Items...

Edited by ballzy

8 hours ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

And Nightwave? Sounds like something my old Werewolf the apocalypse or Vampire the Masquerade groups wouldve used, in this it has NO context & does NOT invoke the idea of setting out on a series of Missions ev9king murderous slaughter, Stealing tech, or doing anything at all really, how about PROJECT nightwave, at least it evokes an I am undertaking a broad sweeping action engaged in by many.

The waves probably refer to the transmissions. Nora says 'mark the Frequency' so we're probably working off of, well, waves. Probably void-enhanced radio. So, if she transmits during her local night... the name makes sense. They are waves transmitted at night - nightwaves.

On 2019-02-22 at 7:09 PM, Casardis said:

That's what I'd like to think but nowhere in the opening post does it state it. All instances of Wolf Cred gain is from "ranking up" in the workshop so far.

EDIT: Ah I found it!
"The current Alert rewards will be moved into a “Cred Offerings” store, where they can be purchased with currency earned from completing Acts (challenges) and ranking up with Nightwave. Reward tiers will also be available, debuting with some purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables (along with some items new to Warframe!)"

Ah! My apologies, that is incorrect. The rest of the Workshop, as you mention, indicates otherwise. I will edit so that there's no confusion, but yes, to reiterate, Wolf Creds are earned by ranking up with Nightwave. 

• Like 1

On 2019-02-22 at 7:19 PM, Haranthus said:

Can you at least give some padding around the "wolf credits" expiring?

As a teacher my schedule can be a bit random and it'd be nice to have a couple of days after the end date to spend my "wolf credits" before they disappear.

Hi! A teacher that plays Warframe? Man I wish my teachers were that cool when I was in school ahaha. But yes! There will be much lead time to when the Credits expire! As mentioned in the post, we want to remove the "rug pulled under your feet" with the current alert system. And just in case this was missed, here is Steve discussing expiry of Wolf Creds: 

On 2019-02-22 at 9:58 PM, Zeraphiel said:

Please tell me it's not MR locked.

Nope! No MR locks to participate 🙂

On 2019-02-23 at 3:20 AM, Vackz_ said:

Is the reward system from this image blow still a thing ?e073ceb1264a911e46fa405932521ef1.jpg

Sooo much has changed since that image ahaha, but yes, there will be rewards for having ranked up in the Nightave "tiers". And so that there isn't any confusion, this image is entirely placeholder from the UI to the rewards you see. 

On 2019-02-23 at 9:24 AM, devidevil888 said:

So what's going to happen to the Gift of the Lotus alerts?

Those are special Alerts that will not be going away 🙂 We indicated this in the post: 

On 2019-02-22 at 2:15 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Additional notes: 

• We are removing the time-limited Alerts from the World State Window, but the remaining will still be available from that tab: 
    • Arbitrations
    • Void Trader location/countdown
    • Weekly Alerts:
      • Maroo’s Bazaar - Ayatan Treasure Hunt
      • Larunda Relay - Help Clem
    • Tactical Alerts
    • Devstream Gift of the Lotus Alerts

On 2019-02-24 at 9:12 AM, Ramlethal_SigN said:

inventory slots? ok cute, forma and orokin potatoes? yeah that's great. But i still have a question here, is there gonna be any kind of reward for a player that already has every warframe and weapon in the game full forma and potatoed and every cosmetic that can be purchased with platinum? is it gonna be veteran worth playing? or just for newbies and mid game players? it would be nice if we could get some high tier weapons and gear exclusive from these events would be nice. And please make it last, fortuna grinding lasted like 8 days for me and spiders like 3...

20 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Figures forma and kavat genes won't be there.  Literally the only thing besides orokins that would be useful to long time players.

The post is tame regarding rewards external to the Alerts table as to not spoil The Wolf of Saturn Six, but I do want to reiterate what was said in the OP about rewards: 

Additionally, Tier Rewards will include items new to Warframe (some familiar some not!) pertaining to Nightwave and The Wolf of Saturn Six. The goal: Focus on story-driven aspects of Nightwave and explore what could be offered gameplay-wise without relying on Mastery Rank. 

We’re excited about the prospects of what Nightwaves will offer reward-wise compared to Alerts, but with large systematic changes comes many adjustment periods. With Nightwaves we have more flexibility to explore desirable reward options, and in doing so, we’ll definitely be shifting things around, adding and removing, and ultimately learning as we go. A new system means new challenges, and as always, your feedback is crucial to the process!

We have a lot of room to play around with rewards with this new system compared to Alerts, which is awesome! There's a lot of options to consider, and we'll be looking at them as we go along. 

@(PS4)thowed You may have missed this in the OP regarding Forma: 

All of the below rewards were added to Alerts retroactively to try and make up for Alerts being a bit 'missable'. None of these items originally launched in Alerts.

• Forma Blueprint
    • We are swapping out the Blueprint reward from the current Alert system to a bundle of built Forma that will be part of the Reward Tiers list in Nightwave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Ah! My apologies, that is incorrect. The rest of the Workshop, as you mention, indicates otherwise. I will edit so that there's no confusion, but yes, to reiterate, Wolf Creds are earned by ranking up with Nightwave. 

Meaning then that, by result, each wave will have a limited amount of earnable Creds because we can only rank up so many times?

Edited by OvisCaedo

Feedback: I like the central idea behind the system. I'm always going to pick deterministic rewards over random ones, even if the former is longer and harder to get. Progress to work towards beats "hit the lever" any day. Doubly so when actually making full use of Alerts requires some kind of phone notification that might pop up during dinner or sleep. Definitely a set p in the right direction.

Question: What about the less practical use of Alerts, though, i.e. a quick way to snag a rewarding, level-appropriate mission for those of us who've cleared the Star Chart? Rewards and progression are fine, but the ability to jump into a decent mission quickly is still important. Will the Wolf of Wallstreet or whatever the new system is called retain that?

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Assuming that Nightwave has a maximum rank, does that mean that Wolf Creds are a limited resource to where we have to be selective with what we buy 'cause we can't buy everything?