Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else miss old quick missions or quick events?

Kaiser_Suoh

1 hour ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

That quick events were what gave the "magic" to this game.

Anyone else remember?

Sometimes.  But I'm glad that they've spread stuff out a bit more.  It gives more reasons to come back for longer periods over the one and done events that we've had. 

38 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Sometimes.  But I'm glad that they've spread stuff out a bit more.  It gives more reasons to come back for longer periods over the one and done events that we've had. 

The structure of Ghoul Purges does not entice many players to come back though. One and done events let you go for something shiny and impact the community / map. The spread out scripted events feel disconnected, and the term "community" in relay reconstruction and Weekend Wars is essentially worthless when you realize it is run by a script. Since I saw this image regarding the Acolytes returning, I have yet to see something that doesn't feel like a scripted event:
chart.png
It would be nice if we got time limited stuff that made you feel like you had some impact.

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

The structure of Ghoul Purges does not entice many players to come back though. One and done events let you go for something shiny and impact the community / map. The spread out scripted events feel disconnected, and the term "community" in relay reconstruction and Weekend Wars is essentially worthless when you realize it is run by a script. Since I saw this image regarding the Acolytes returning, I have yet to see something that doesn't feel like a scripted event:
chart.png
It would be nice if we got time limited stuff that made you feel like you had some impact.

Re-read everything in this thread and I don't know where you think I'm talking about Ghouls. 

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Re-read everything in this thread and I don't know where you think I'm talking about Ghouls. 

It's Voltage, he'll input whatever wherever half the time.

Also as far as OP goes, are you referring to like the design council missions? 

I mean other than that only other mission type that comes to mind right off the bat that's been removed is raids and those weren't exactly quick.

I mean you could be referring to the way the games shifted where it rewards endless missions more than something like a quick exterminate or capture better.

You could be referring to the shift to open world.

There's alot of things you could be referencing please specify your question.

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

chart.png

Now this is funny but also lame at the same time.

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You might want to re-read their message, because it answers your post perfectly.

Quick missions as in???

Arguably Warframe has only gotten faster/more effortless in regards to general mission clearing, our damage has only gotten higher, nukes now scale, and meme strike is even a thing. 

Are you talking about tactical missions? Because those weren't generally speed run oriented. 

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Now this is funny but also lame at the same time.

You might want to re-read their message, because it answers your post perfectly.

It doesn't, because my post is my opinion and based in emotion. 

Doesn't matter how much random stuff Voltage throws out, it is still my opinion. 

Sometimes I do miss a 1m30s T3C run. 4 people rushing to down the capture target first and then rush to the extraction for "Waiting for players: 1/4"

We can still do this, but it never feel the same when you are not in void and you are not getting a prime part at the end.

Edited by Marvelous_A