Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, You Don't Want Rushers, But Still Want To Rush. I May Have A Solution.

SirEdwin

I imagine everyone can agree the main reason for rushing through levels was because the only part people cared about in those particular missions was the mission reward or a boss drop. So everyone ignored everything up to that point. The way to fix it seems simple enough. 

Step one: Remove void rewards entirely. Instead of generating one random blueprint for completing a void, make all the current possible reward BP's obtainable IN the void. then, instead of rushing to the end, people would feel the need to explore a bit more and take a little more time.

step two: Remodel all the boss fights. make the bosses SIGNIFICANTLY harder ( I haven't tried the new golem, but aside from that the bosses really are an embarrassment they are all so ridiculously easy) and put them on defense style maps. That way, when you go in to an assassination mission there is nothing to rush too, you start at the objective. With bosses how they currently are, It would be way to easy. But, with a solid overhaul to the bosses so they aren't all quite so... absolutely pathetic, it could work well.

For idea 1: I like the idea of having hte BP spawnable on the map. But then there's a chance that you'll simply miss it, and spend 20 minutes looking for a single latron stock BP or something

Idea 2: Bosses could be harder, maybe they get harder the more you kill them? Idk. I like the idea of it being on a defense map.

Mods don't come from boxes or lockers. The things that do come from boxes and lockers are things most people don't care about. They feel no reason to look around for things because they don't want them.

Allowing mods and some blueprints to show up from these places, adding special randomly generated mini-boss mobs with way better drop chances, adding secret areas, or using the ones they already have, to place special mod and resource boxes, and similar things would really help.

It all boils down to the fact that for most people, the only reward is at the end. Slowing people down just makes them go directly to the end more slowly. They're not going to take the time to check for boxes and lockers, or to go down alternate paths just because you made them slower. If anything the fact that it now takes them more time to get what they want will encourage them not to waste time.

What's wrong with rushing?  That's what ninjas do.  Ain't nobody got time to carry.

You don't know much about ninjas. Did you know small groups of ninjas would sometimes wait submerged in water breathing through a bamboo reed for hours waiting for an ambush target to arive. Ninja's were stealthy, agile, AND incredibly patient. 

Mods don't come from boxes or lockers. The things that do come from boxes and lockers are things most people don't care about. They feel no reason to look around for things because they don't want them.

Allowing mods and some blueprints to show up from these places, adding special randomly generated mini-boss mobs with way better drop chances, adding secret areas, or using the ones they already have, to place special mod and resource boxes, and similar things would really help.

It all boils down to the fact that for most people, the only reward is at the end. Slowing people down just makes them go directly to the end more slowly. They're not going to take the time to check for boxes and lockers, or to go down alternate paths just because you made them slower. If anything the fact that it now takes them more time to get what they want will encourage them not to waste time.

I agree with you. the only missions I really see people rushing on though are void runs for the rewards and boss runs. If you start at the boss, but make it a legit boss fight I feel like it works better all around. Right now the current bosses really are kind of boring. i mean even phorid, who is way up there boss wise isn't any sort of a challenge. But, if you make the boss fights bigger and better but cut out the pointless run to get to them everyone will be happy. 

And mods do drop from containers in the void at least, but people don't run the void for mods they run it for the void BP's. So, just make them potential drops throughout the run. I mean yes, you could end up missing a BP that drops, but is that really any different than getting a reaper handle as a reward 10 missions in a row?

You don't know much about ninjas. Did you know small groups of ninjas would sometimes wait submerged in water breathing through a bamboo reed for hours waiting for an ambush target to arive. Ninja's were stealthy, agile, AND incredibly patient. 

Did you know; The historical event that put ninjas into "holy f0cking sh*t those dudes were crazy" pages of Feudal Japan history and folklore was one of the less hinged ninja running all around a castle and torching everything he saw that was torchable.

Did you know how did he manage to torch an entire castle with the garrisoned soliders still inside?

He was fast.

Edited by KONAir

Did you know; The historical event that put ninjas into "holy f0cking sh*t those dudes were crazy" pages of Feudal Japan history and folklore was one of the less hinged ninja running all around a castle and torching everything he saw that was torchable.

Did you know how did he manage to torch an entire castle with the garrisoned soliders still inside?

He was fast.

It had much less to do with being fast than with being stealthy.

He was fast.

Next time I go to the library I'm getting books on feudal japan. That S#&$ is too awesome to pass up

Rushing happens is because it's the most effective way to achieve certain goal within limited amount of time.

The only way to stop rushing is to make sure that doing the mission thoroughly is more profitable. Rush when rush is needed and do it thoroughly as needed. 

1. Put more stuff in the locker and container. Evidently, health and energy orbs aren't enough. Adding nav cord present an overall better impact to the game. Now every containers and lockers can grant you access to new content.

2. More stuff for Elite units. This also did happen, accidentally, while DE did their usual mistake and somehow swap VayHek's loot table with Grineer commander. Players simply hunted the most annoying enemy in the game in the most hated mission type for the sake of getting guarantee mod and mat + chance of BP.

3. Cut the boss stage down since it's already promoting rushing anyway. Just a few rooms before the boss and put the exit one room afterward. Just enough to get full energy before fighting boss.  With team energy as consumable, we probably can cut more than that.

Good thing you make useful posts! I totally care about the opinion of someone who is so lazy they can't type down more than a two letter word! Oh wait, no... no i don't. make a real post, or don't post. 

Whats the point in repeating what he said in the same post?

Thats more stupid than using his quote as an example of what I was going to say. Idiot.

Whats the point in repeating what he said in the same post?

Thats more stupid than using his quote as an example of what I was going to say. Idiot.

Because saying "No" adds absolutely nothing whether you type it, or quote it. If you don't understand that incredibly simple concept you should probably rethink insulting anyone else's intelligence... Ever.

Because saying "No" adds absolutely nothing whether you type it, or quote it. If you don't understand that incredibly simple concept you should probably rethink insulting anyone else's intelligence... Ever.

No is used when disagreeing with something. You should know this at your age.

Quoted or not that two letter word means that somone disagree with what you have posted quoting it means i am aslo disagreeing it wouldn't make a difference if i said no anyway you would still just get extremely upset over it.

Now then since you require a long detialed post, here.

I disagree with your post due to the fact that changing the system how items are rewarded in void would eb far worse than getting them after the mission ends. Mostly because the amount of containers and lockers in each level can range from a decent amount to quite a lot. Since there would be a chance of gettign those bps having that chance for each of those crates would mean you would get quite a lot of blueprints/items from those missions quite quickly, shortening gameplay time and making this game much shorter due to it.

With that putting bosses on defense maps is pointless considering rushing defense isn't really possible and it wouldn't make a difference, all it would do is make the fight much more tedious and make defense not worth doing. We already know how annoying it is to deal with bosses on their own missions adding them to defense or moving them to defense is just borderline stupid. Last thing we want is more bullet spondges coming in to already spondgey defense missions. Seriously Hek is notorious for being a bullet spondge and you want him in defense? 

Also how is making the bsoses harder going to help? They already made Vor have different phases and be a lot more active in battle yet he will easily be beatan by overpowered weapons. How is beffing them up to something stupid like an icnreased difficulty going to help? Just spam an Acrid and its done. Regardless of what "challenge " they pose they will always be dealt with quickly regardless how much DE beefs up the bosses.

You are asking for stuff that will either A. make no postive effect or B. make a large negative effect on this game. Shortening playtime by getting blueprints easily and making bosses more harder which will do nothing when we have weapons capable of taking down 10 new golems in one area and then sticking them in a mission where its already enough of a pain inthe &#! in the later waves is going to do nothing good at all.

Edited by Blk_Mage

No is used when disagreeing with something. You should know this at your age.

Quoted or not that two letter word means that somone disagree with what you have posted quoting it means i am aslo disagreeing it wouldn't make a difference if i said no anyway you would still just get extremely upset over it

It's a discussion thread, in a discussion forum. Saying "No" adds nothing to discussion. Empty opinions are for polls and petitions. Most forums have rules about off-topic posting in threads, which includes posts that add nothing to the discussion.

step two: Remodel all the boss fights. make the bosses SIGNIFICANTLY harder ( I haven't tried the new golem, but aside from that the bosses really are an embarrassment they are all so ridiculously easy) and put them on defense style maps. That way, when you go in to an assassination mission there is nothing to rush too, you start at the objective. With bosses how they currently are, It would be way to easy. But, with a solid overhaul to the bosses so they aren't all quite so... absolutely pathetic, it could work well.

Better yet: rework the loot system so people don't have to redo 20+ times the same level/boss, which is the reason for rushing.

Actually, I took the habit to solo farm Vay Hek for neurodes and I find it far more palatable than when I was farming Trinity BP.

I nearly do not rush, I only go fast killing/looting/running, but I go at my own pace, even if I do it ten times in a row.

The fact he must have a 50% chance to drop what I want must be for something in that...