Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, You Don't Want Rushers, But Still Want To Rush. I May Have A Solution.

SirEdwin

Better yet: rework the loot system so people don't have to redo 20+ times the same level/boss, which is the reason for rushing.

Actually, I took the habit to solo farm Vay Hek for neurodes and I find it far more palatable than when I was farming Trinity BP.

I nearly do not rush, I only go fast killing/looting/running, but I go at my own pace, even if I do it ten times in a row.

The fact he must have a 50% chance to drop what I want must be for something in that...

A reworked loot system could help as well, but I don't think it will help with addressing the "fun" issue much. Right now, bosses are hardly more of a fight than regular heavy units. Hell, phorid is less of a challenge than every ancient you run in to getting to him. I want to see the boss fights become fun. They don't need to be some ridiculous challenge that takes a perfectly optimized team for, but they need something more. For example golem, even if he isn't all that hard, is an interesting and fun fight. I have nerkos already, but I still want to run golem because it's a a more detailed and actually fun boss fight. there are no other bosses I want to run out of any reason aside from "they have something I need". Which is another problem entirely. 

A reworked loot system could help as well, but I don't think it will help with addressing the "fun" issue much. Right now, bosses are hardly more of a fight than regular heavy units. Hell, phorid is less of a challenge than every ancient you run in to getting to him. I want to see the boss fights become fun. They don't need to be some ridiculous challenge that takes a perfectly optimized team for, but they need something more. For example golem, even if he isn't all that hard, is an interesting and fun fight. I have nerkos already, but I still want to run golem because it's a a more detailed and actually fun boss fight. there are no other bosses I want to run out of any reason aside from "they have something I need". Which is another problem entirely. 

This topic is not about the quality of boss fights, it's about the fact that people rush because they want to get the 3 BPs for a frame and that these BP drop randomly from the same mob, so they have to do the mission again and again and again.

At some point they are beyond caring if they rush or not, I don't think they even realize they are rushing, they only think "and f***, the systems BP again..."

So, what I'm saying is simple: redo the looting system at least for multi-BP desirable gear in a way that people will stop rushing because there will be no point in doing so.

This topic is not about the quality of boss fights, it's about the fact that people rush because they want to get the 3 BPs for a frame and that these BP drop randomly from the same mob, so they have to do the mission again and again and again.

At some point they are beyond caring if they rush or not, I don't think they even realize they are rushing, they only think "and f***, the systems BP again..."

So, what I'm saying is simple: redo the looting system at least for multi-BP desirable gear in a way that people will stop rushing because there will be no point in doing so.

It's my topic, I'm pretty sure it's about whatever the hell I decide it's about ^_^.

That being said, I wasn't disagreeing with you entirely. A new loot table wouldn't hurt, that's why I said making blue print items in the void drops instead of finishing rewards, and getting rid of the pointless run to the boss as the system stands now. The most fun way is almost always the best way to fix something like this.

Edited by SirEdwin

The Solution to rushing... give us a level where we ride on top of a Corpus train and have to reach the engine to jack the train, and capture/raid/sabotage/reroute it... Then everyone will rush to the end... or Mobile defense it where after you capture the engine you then have to defense the train... so it goes from attack, to MD therefore no one will rush, because you have to defend the train from all over... so even if you don't rush your still in position to defend the train after its capture... Done...