Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban bounce pad suggestion

Pavelord

I´d like to make a suggestion in case Vauban abilities do get another pass, in the interest of Vauban having a bit more defensive capabilities I propose that bounce pad gets a dual use, it can maintain the same appearance and the magnetic damage but the new use would be this: 

• instead of repelling enemies, the pad  would be able to capture one enemy and have the magnetic proc applied.

• the second use would be a defensive one, in this case if Vauban or an ally, just one character per pad, would be protected from proyectiles, in essence the pad becomes a tubular barrier that you can make to reduce or block damage I think preferably on a timer, it lacks the size and versatility of ice globe and Volt´s shield, that i think it can remain as 2 power.

On another note I was thinking that the deluxe skin has a fortress theme, why not make Vauban a mobile fortress, in essence device a form in which Vauban can carry his fortress, his Bastille with him, improving his versatility instead of abandoning and recasting, Bastille could also be made to interact with minelayer to generate distinct forms of defenses like a magnetic bastille from the bounce pad or a slashing bastille from the trip line, or even changing its shape.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

To what end?

I intended it to retain some of it's basic functionality, for example preventing enemies from activating consoles, argueably a fully charge tesla could work better, this new pad would be a bit faster. Though i'm not married with the idea if it has to go i don't mind.

Additional Default Vauban skins: Female Vauban, Robot concept art (and other unlockable grineer, soldier skins found scanning, and replaying missions on each planet, junction, bossfight and syndicate rewards) to keep players looking interesting. You can make some operator parts also that ressemble warframes avaliable with leveling as email blueprints, pvp rewards, and in the mask shop. more animal mask would make sense in cetus & mock or halloween items, weapons etc.

I want people to start thinking about ideas for both prime and regular versions of the warframes, so this way both warframes matter, anything like augments, passive traits, new or different abilities, or slot improvements would be helpful to discern and keep each warframe valuable, i thought of the idea of kitwarframes to be a thing that will be like kit guns and upgrades in the future of combat, new mechs, and parts to reuse or mix will be one way to keep the inventory interesting with mixology and visual chemistry, reusing neuroptics could be one npcs job to enhance traits or abilities, which would enable players to catch untradable aughments and tradable mods policies, and new weapons and kit parts.

As for vauban i did not play prime, but he offered variety, i think he should of came with his own melee, primary and secondary weapons or atleast the blueprints so you have a little guidance maybe throw in some mods, and kitgun examples. until special augments are made outside of syndicate i wont be rebuilding him, or using him over hydroid and my other favorite warframes nova, and octavia, though zephir is good too...anyways, he should have something passive added on while that boost his defense and other weapons under or near deployed tools, enemy equipment, or radar enhancements to start some pocket monsters, and really get my cogs going with additional nano defences, his abilities remind me of Itzal super awesome but needs visual rework visual enhancements. 

Playing the For Honor game i appreciated being able to switch from male to female, though am aware that it would be cool for operators to also get some non-human modifications or unlockables, even if they are special platinum lizard skin(s), fur, and other peaking features to keep veterans happy and rewards from replay more interesting, oh the green looking alienguy! thats you!!! yeah something more than just tenno skins to give the default gameplay alittle twist, so at least there can be a female version of vauban!!! So yeah Female vauban artist where are you people!

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

7 hours ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

Additional Default Vauban skins: Female Vauban, Robot concept art (and other unlockable grineer, soldier skins found scanning, and replaying missions on each planet, junction, bossfight and syndicate rewards) to keep players looking interesting. You can make some operator parts also that ressemble warframes avaliable with leveling as email blueprints, pvp rewards, and in the mask shop. more animal mask would make sense in cetus & mock or halloween items, weapons etc.

I want people to start thinking about ideas for both prime and regular versions of the warframes, so this way both warframes matter, anything like augments, passive traits, new or different abilities, or slot improvements would be helpful to discern and keep each warframe valuable, i thought of the idea of kitwarframes to be a thing that will be like kit guns and upgrades in the future of combat, new mechs, and parts to reuse or mix will be one way to keep the inventory interesting with mixology and visual chemistry, reusing neuroptics could be one npcs job to enhance traits or abilities, which would enable players to catch untradable aughments and tradable mods policies, and new weapons and kit parts.

As for vauban i did not play prime, but he offered variety, i think he should of came with his own melee, primary and secondary weapons or atleast the blueprints so you have a little guidance maybe throw in some mods, and kitgun examples. until special augments are made outside of syndicate i wont be rebuilding him, or using him over hydroid and my other favorite warframes nova, and octavia, though zephir is good too...anyways, he should have something passive added on while that boost his defense and other weapons under or near deployed tools, enemy equipment, or radar enhancements to start some pocket monsters, and really get my cogs going with additional nano defences, his abilities remind me of Itzal super awesome but needs visual rework visual enhancements. 

Playing the For Honor game i appreciated being able to switch from male to female, though am aware that it would be cool for operators to also get some non-human modifications or unlockables, even if they are special platinum lizard skin(s), fur, and other peaking features to keep veterans happy and rewards from replay more interesting, oh the green looking alienguy! thats you!!! yeah something more than just tenno skins to give the default gameplay alittle twist, so at least there can be a female version of vauban!!! So yeah Female vauban artist where are you people!

DE has already said no to alternate gender skins. And modular frames would be an unbalanced mess that would take far to much constant effort to fix.