Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Fix" for Exalted Melee Weapons

rodzzila

Was thinking that with the new mechanic add in with the Paracesis, having the ability to level past 30 with exalted weapons would be a great way to get back the capacity lost by not having the stand mod on them and having some build flexibility again.

Am I the only one who thought the Exalted weapon change to make them weapons did nothing but cost forma and let me cheat Sorties?

That's the flaw with Exalted weapon designs. You use them 100% or not at all. For me at least it did nothing.

or they could just make the stances worth 10 like normal melee...

16 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Am I the only one who thought the Exalted weapon change to make them weapons did nothing but cost forma and let me cheat Sorties?

That's the flaw with Exalted weapon designs. You use them 100% or not at all. For me at least it did nothing.

Yeah it did honestly feel like another 'forma cost' (ie buy more forma from store newbies) rather than actually making them 'better'... the builds on them aren't exactly anything 'special' in most cases.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

The change actually freed me from having mod weapons in favor of an exalted and vice versa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then that wouldn't be all that special for the Paracesis.

Except that doesn't make the Paracesis special at all. After 5 formas and a stance mod what do you need that extra 10 mod cap for? Is the damage to Sentients is what set it apart.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I like the idea of the change, but not the best implementation. The frams that have an Exatled W cost double the forma, but I can live with that. The problem for me are the melee exated W that you almost have to forma every slot and destroy any build variety.

4 hours ago, rodzzila said:

Was thinking that with the new mechanic add in with the Paracesis, having the ability to level past 30 with exalted weapons would be a great way to get back the capacity lost by not having the stand mod on them and having some build flexibility again.

Well, that would work, but you know what would be far simpler and just as effective to implement?

Making our Warframe Aura's added capacity affect our Ability Weapons. So if you're using a basic +7 Aura, like Growing Power or Corrosive Projection, you'd actually get 14 extra points, which is more capacity than you used to for the melee Stance mods, which are only +5. Beyond that you can also play into the Ability Melee by modding in Steel Charge and that way you'd have +18 points on the Ability Melee, for nearly double the extra capacity from what you had originally with Stances.

If that's too much, then just make the individual Stances (the ones that are default and un-changeable on the Abilities anyway) give the original +5 capacity, with the ability to polarise the Stance Slot to give us the +10 we would usually get.

Means that the breaking of the 30 Level rule remains a unique function, but also gives us either the exact same, or better than what we had before.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The benefit was no longer having to carry around a stat stick.  Wether that's worth the extra forma investment or not is up to the individual.  I like how they are seperately moddable.  I dislike how often Exalted weapons are being thrown in kits though.  I wouldn't mind the extra forma investment if it didn't take so long just to burn through one forma without using a booster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Well, that would work, but you know what would be far simpler and just as effective to implement?

Yes, I know there are a millions ways to fix this. I just came back to the game after some month and seeing this new mechanic for this weapon I had a little hop that this was fix, but nop. And if it wasn't change with this is not going to happen soon, so a hundred forma it is!