Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I have the highest iron skin?

(XBOX)Shotty Demon

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Agreed. In fact 2150M involves fewer characters than 2.15e+03M so I'd honestly have thought that it would make more sense to write it like that than either of the exponents. 

I'm guessing that it is what happened when they spaghetti'd the code along the way. 

Lols. Forgot the m at the end of the string randomly maybe? 😂

8 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

The void laser is exactly how I did mine, mostly as just screwing around.  What I did only works with the defense lasers though.  The regular wall mounted ones don't put out nearly as much.  The defense lasers will get you 150k for just sweeping over you once.  The regular wall mounted ones are dangerous, but not immediately fatal.  If you're thinking about the puzzle room I am, with the button you have to stand on to fill a tube with water, then that won't work at all.  First, those lasers are much weaker since you have to stand there for a long time.  Second, and more importantly, there's a permanent nullifier field projected in the area.

Also funny thing, you mention timing it right so the void lasers don't eat your armor at the end?  I'm pretty sure I actually overcooked my armor in the screenshot, and could have done better.  Really though, most of these Iron Skin tactics are just posturing, and so situational to be useless in actual gameplay, if they're even possible to pull off (like the Octavia mallet thing).  It makes me wonder though...  Covert Lethality deals "fatal damage" on finishers.  Does it just do a huge amount of damage, or does it actually check the target's health, and do something based on that?

Good info to know. Haven't been to the Lua room (or Lua in general) in forever, much less actually bothered to do that puzzle, but what you said sounds vaguely familiar. 

The Octavia from the video actually was using Covert Lethality and reported (relative) crap for damage (~740), so that suggests it does something wonky like scaling damage to the targets health and ignoring defenses (or something). Some other comments mention that Sortie modifiers (e.g. armor) seem to interact with this in non-intuitive ways, which can result in getting much larger numbers than you would expect (not that this matters for purposes of Iron Skin, since we can't get those modifiers to apply to a radiated teammate anyways). 

• 2 weeks later...